Vmarco

World Peace is near (St. Malachi Prophecy)

I think it's me. Can we get back to discussing the pope please this is turning into another Buddhism thread.

What's the matter? Can't take the pressure?

Vajrayana is a verifiable direct path to Undivided Light. Divided light is the illusion.

But I still like my reds, greens, and blues.

There are a lot of red penguins running around somewhere right now, aren't there?

But I still like my reds, greens, and blues.

There are a lot of red penguins running around somewhere right now, aren't there?

Throw some fish.

Throw some fish.

Sure, but you have to go way out to sea to catch them first 'cause the waters in that area are really polluted.

Sure, but you have to go way out to sea to catch them first 'cause the waters in that area are really polluted.

I went to Rome a few years back and saw the Pope appear from a tiny window way up, the crowds in St. Peter's square went wild it was like a rock concert. I couldn't imagine anything further away from spirituality or truth than that. the best thing in Rme is the Spanish steps and the house where Keats died.

I went to Rome a few years back and saw the Pope appear from a tiny window way up, the crowds in St. Peter's square went wild it was like a rock concert. I couldn't imagine anything further away from spirituality or truth than that. the best thing in Rme is the Spanish steps and the house where Keats died.

Why is that? Spirituality can be wild too, no? Like the raging seas at times.

Although the highest peak of the sacred mountain

has been ascended,

There is still a mysterious subtlety beyond --

eyes are horizontal, nose is vertical.

(Dogen)

Spirituality could aslo be manifested into some compassion towards people, including Popes and christians instead of mocking them. Just saying.

• Like 1

Why is that? Spirituality can be wild too, no? Like the raging seas at times.

Although the highest peak of the sacred mountain

has been ascended,

There is still a mysterious subtlety beyond --

eyes are horizontal, nose is vertical.

(Dogen)

Sure. But I meant the whole stage managed performance ... not the excitement ...

Sure. But I meant the whole stage managed performance ... not the excitement ...

Ok. That ties in with 'horizontal eyes' then. Just one aspect became more evident.

I would love to visit St. Peter's (not the brewery) some day. Lucky you. :)

Edited by C T

Ok. That ties in with 'horizontal eyes' then. Just one aspect became more evident.

I would love to visit St. Peter's (not the brewery) some day. Lucky you. :)

horizontal eyes?

Spirituality could aslo be manifested into some compassion towards people, including Popes and christians instead of mocking them. Just saying.

I have much compassion for the Pope and Christians, which is why I express so much intolerance of Christianity and all that steps between Popes, Christians, and Humanity, and their direct experience.

From a spiritual point of view, not much is spiritual about Christianity and the other Abrahamic book religions or sets of beliefs. Spirituality could be said to be that which flows with spirit, the in-breath.out-breath, or Yang/Yin of perceived life. Spirit is that which is beyond hope, fear, faith, belief. Hope, fear, faith, belief are the bread-n-butter tenents of the Abrahamic religions.

People are not their beliefs,...let me repeat,...people are not their beliefs. Anyone who believes that they are their beliefs is delusional,...as in asleep to the way things actually are. As all bodhisattvas, I have the utmost compassion for those who believe that they are their beliefs, and have a heart-felt wish for their liberation from their perceived sentience, from which Christians cling to their faith in Christianity.

Real compassion, which only arises from seeing things as they are, observes the self-imposed suffering brought about by the perceptions of sentience, and smiles at their ignorance.

Christianity has not a monopole over beliefs, so your intolerance of Christianity is a very specific one. We don't hear much from you about how Hinduism (more than 1 billion of followers) is diverting people from their direct experience, nor about how political sets of beliefs are diverting people from their direct experience, nor how a basic belief like " I would be much better off if my partner would accept me as I am" is diverting people from their direct experience.

Your compassionate intolerance of people's belief is very much anti-Christianity but there is a lot to do with non christians and non religious people clinging to their set of belief too. Numerically they are far much than the christians and we could also find a good number of them in Buddhism.

edited to add some words and to underline

Edited by bubbles

Christianity has not a monopole over beliefs, so your intolerance of Christianity is a very specific one. We don't hear much from you about how Hinduism (more than 1 billion of followers) is diverting people from their direct experience, nor about how political sets of beliefs are diverting people from their direct experience, nor how a basic belief like " I would be much better off if my partner would accept me as I am" is diverting people from their direct experience.

After many years of study, of reducing most of the world's problems with beliefs into solutionable quanities, the obliteration of Christianity is humanities best possibility of survival and evolution. With Christianity exposed as the lie it is, the remainder of religious beliefs would fold quickly, like a house of cards.

Keep in mind, as John C. Green, director of the Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics at the University of Akron in Ohio said, that despite many variations, Christians generally adhere to four core beliefs: the Bible is without error, salvation comes through faith in Jesus and not good deeds, individuals must accept Jesus as adults and all Christians must evangelizes .

Consider those core beliefs removed from the Belief Pollution Index. There will not be anarchy,...but a quantum leap to a level where honesty, rather than hope, faith, and fear of an invisible man, becomes important.

Some may say that Islam is a bigger threat,...but the fact is, that Christianity enables the delusion of Islam.

Consider the facts of Christianity, Why do people engage in such an absurdity as present-day Christianity? It does not take a degree in religious studies to see how Christianity got its deep grip on society. History is quite clear regarding the roots of this deception, which was firmly grounded by the end of the sixth century. Theodosian laws, for example, condemned all non-Christians, thus promoting ardent persecutions of freethinkers, deists, pantheists, polytheists, pagans, and others whose confiscated property enriched the new church. Then came the barbaric reign of Justinian, which barred anyone outside specific neo-Christian beliefs from civil service, and whose forced baptisms upon Arabs encouraged the way for the establishment of Islam. Christianity was spread through violence and now propagates its faith through the fortune raised from that violence. In the United States that is a serious felony, and their propagators are nothing less than accessory felons.

Once people accept the truth of the Christian meme, the ridiculousness of Islam. Muslims, for example, unquestioningly accept the Shahada, that is, that there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger. To understand the dynamics of that, simply ask a Muslim why he believes in the Qur’an, and he will say, "Because the Qur’an is the infallible words of Allah written by his prophet Muhammad." If you continue the inquiry and request that he divulge how he knows that Muhammad is Allah’s prophet, the Muslim will, without the slightest pondering, respond that he knows that Muhammad is Allah’s prophet because it says so right in the Qur’an. This is a faith-driven circular reasoning common to all three Abrahamic religions and their hundreds of denominations. They believe that their Holy Book is the correct Holy Book, and only their Holy Book correctly describes god.

Today’s Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all sprang from the same germ: the story of Abraham, an Aryan migrant, who was probably from south central Asia in what is now Pakistan (see Jos. 24:2–3). Abraham (meaning multitude) appears to have fancied himself as Brahma (the root meaning of which is to expand). The similarities between Abraham and Brahma, the Hindu god born from Vishnu’s navel, are striking. For example, Brahma’s consort was his sister Sara, and Abraham’s wife was his sister Sarah (Gen. 20:12). It was through Sarah’s mendacity that Abraham’s first son, Ishmael, father of the Arabs, was swindled out of his inheritance, a fraud being perpetuated today by Sarah’s descendants upon the Palestinian people.

Muhammad (570–632 CE), the Abrahamic teacher who, prompted by persecutions upon Arabs, such as those continued by Pope Gregory (540–604 CE), the Father of the Dark Ages, invented the Arab version of monotheism. Interestingly, this new religion supplied the pedophile prophet with many attractive wives, the youngest of whom is said to be nine-year-old. Unraveling the Qur’an’s self-authenticating meaning will occur organically, as Christianity is unwound. For when Christianity falls, and it will, the other Abrahamic religions will soon follow.

• Like 1

I studied Esoteric Christianity extensively,...and have seen no indication of enlightenment through that practice

Hah!!!! I can read descriptions of what Tibet is like for the rest of my life, but until I experience it directly, it's all mental abstractions. Surely you can't be 100% serious with the statement above that just because you studied/read about something extensively, that you actually know it experientially.

Are you enlightened?

trick question. Are you?

I assure you, it will never occur through Esoteric Christianity.

Your assurance gives me nothing. That's why I have never trusted the words of any man to speak for the truth. I would rather enter a system experientially and see if there is anything to it, the way the Buddha ascribed to check and see for yourself. Unless you have done so, then you speak empty words just like the countless Buddhist scholars I have come across who spew millions of philosophies, but themselves have not experienced anything within.

Your guy you know that says there is no Lao Tzu or Buddha,...does he also say there is no god? There is no Esoteric Christianity?

Yes he says everything is BS, lies, illusion, no Jesus, no Tzu, No Buddha, no God, No Enlightenment, no realizations, no light/rainbow body. Unless you are the Unconditioned from the very start, then its all useless, a waste, fake, bs, If I showed him this thread, (which I have showed him similar discussions, he would say that if he took a crap on the computer screen, took a picture of it, and posted it on this forum, it would say more than anything we discuss and would be a million miles closer to the truth than anything said.

I agree that there are many ways. "Not all spiritual paths lead to the Harmonious Oneness. Indeed, most are detours and distractions, nothing more." - Lao Tzu

That's a big problem then, because one can take so much digression from the above. We can take my buddy's take on it from above, that Tzu was all bs, a myth, illusion, his words are nonsense.

Or we can scan the experiential writings of Esoteric Christianity and find much mention of "Harmonious Oneness" being experienced and as the goal of their path.

Or we can go a million different ways (All relative)

All paths can be reduced to two,...the Long Path, and the Short Path. All Christian paths, including all Esoteric Christian paths are Long paths. There are only two paths, and only one uncovers enlightenment,...the Short Path.

Again, rules, regulations, borders, confinements on reality. There are as many ways short and long, as there are people. The shortest path I have found thus far is the guy I know born in the Unconditioned as the Unconditioned, and according to him everything is an Illusion, trap, false, BS, and a waste of time. That sure makes things relative.

Neither Buddhism nor Taoism in their essential forms, are about any union with the Absolute,...only the Abrahamic religions, including Esoteric Christianity are so arrogantly delusional to suggest such insanity. The Absolute is beyond the sum of opposites,...there is no union,...I guarantee it.

Considering I am now having to repeat points from earlier threads, you are either not listening, or are so enamored and entrapped in your hatred for Abrahamic religions, and thinking that you know, that you have failed to see counter points.

The whole reason the term "Merged" is used, is because from the dualistic ego perspective that the majority operate in, it is at first as if the Unconditioned is somewhere else and then occurs the search for it. Later on, when the experience happens, it feels to the old dualistic mentality of the mind in retrospect as that of a merging occurence. Even Adi Shankara, consolidator of Vedanta, spoke of the unity (which we can eventually get the word "merging" from) ...Unity of Atman with Non-Dual Brahman.

Like I said earlier. HUGE black & white difference between Exoteric and esoteric.

Whenever someone goes spouting off about union, unity, etc., such is an instant tell that they haven't a clue about reality, or Suchness.

Whenever someone goes spouting off about who's right and who's wrong, speaking in terms of absolutes, and that they "know" and "guarantee" and that "world peace is near" such is an instant tell that they haven't a clue about reality, or Suchness. Relatives are a bitch in duality friend.

No one who has uncovered Unconditionality, advocates conditions like "my path is better than yours."

So why are you doing so. My position is that all paths(or at least most) are valid, and there are as many as there are people. Not one is any better than any other. Your take is all Tzu-pro and all the Abrahamic branches are bullcrap, without yourself having any experiential knowledge from the esoteric branches. Christianity (Mystical/Experiential), Islam(Sufism), Judaism(Kaballah)

Perhaps the fastest isn't always the best. Some of the slower one's are methodical in skandha removal & purification, so that later on, it's not an issue. All relative.

Please don't misinterpret the fact that Esoteric Christian does not lead to enlightenment, with anything else. Esoteric Christianity is a condition that steps between the seeker and any chance of a direct experience.

Another false assumption/speculation. It is instead a valid path that uses various methods to remove all conditions for the Unconditioned to be revealed. I personally know various Monks and Hermits within the tradition, which used it to unveil the Unconditioned. Many of these same individuals have deep long standing relationships with monks/hermits of Taoist, Buddhists, Sufi, and other traditions, and they all discuss the aspects of experiencing the Unconditioned amongst themselves.

If I brought your claims on this thread to them, they would laugh with compassion, as they have reached Enlightenment/Unconditioned realm through Esoteric Christianity.

I know the History of Christianity. And this doesn't really answer my post.

The lenses of history actually confirm that Christianity is just a religion among others. The spiritual enslavement is not more important in Christianity than it was before Abrahamic religions.

People who have no religious education or background whatsoever are not less prone to belief systems than others.

In our Saha world, it takes more than the mass extinction of some religious institutions to free people's heart from the mind/senses. It seems a little naive to think otherwise. But if you really want that, I won't oppose this.

Debating Vmarco about anything Christian is a waste of time. He has a deep hatred for Christianity and will branch off from the original topic just to bash it more. Little will be gained aside from frustration.

• Like 1

Debating Vmarco about anything Christian is a waste of time. He has a deep hatred for Christianity and will branch off from the original topic just to bash it more. Little will be gained aside from frustration.

Im with Vmarco actually.

I even know a guy, who has been experiencing/In the Unconditioned state from his earliest memories (who has always naturally been in that state and never had any teachings or studies), and he says the Lao Tzu/Toaism, these forums, all discussion, that everything is illusuory bullsh*!, that there was no buddha, no tzu, no jesus, and would say that both of us in this thread are wrong. HE also says "Its the natural state and its no big deal." That is you aren't naturally in it from childhood, then everything else is artificial and illusuory attempts

Your guy is just another neoAdvaitin who thinks they are enlightened.

Your enlightenment is our day 1 in Vajrayana. Have you not heard of direct introduction?

Edited by alwayson

Your guy is just another neoAdvaitin who thinks they are enlightened.

Your enlightenment is our day 1 in Vajrayana. Have you not heard of direct introduction?

NeoAdvaitin is just Introduction to Awareness, Atman. No biggie.....

I don't think he's neoadvaitin if he says jeff foster, sailor bob, adyashanti and the like, are: "lying delusioned jag offs taking everyone for a wank".

He says he's always ever been nowhere and no one and everywhere and everyone and no thing and all things simultaneous and as long as its always that from the very start, then its legit. Everything else is mental masterbation, paths, methods, techniques, practices, lies, illusions, no masters exist, sutras/texts/all branches, everything is good to take a dump on, and when the fly's arrive, then you will be closer to truth than any of that.

I wish I can bring you to him, cause anything you say, or label him as, he will usually respond with taking a dump on your labels and that you are an illusion, better off with your tongue and eyes ripped out, and that if he took a dump in front of you, that "That's it.!!!!" ....Great stuff IMO !!!!

In Reply to PaulNo

Yeah I figured that by now. No matter what angle or alternative take you present some people with, they are forever enamored to see some things in only 1 way and that 1 way is the end all be all dogmatic God, end of discussion.

I know an ex-Zen monk who says all the Buddism and Zen is all a waste of time fast track to pointless psychosis and crock of crap. He's Like Vmarco, but Anti-Buddhism/Zen, which he attributes to all his bad experiences of Buddhism/Zen, saying all those that were realized were ego-maniachal sadists. Go figure!!!! HE says "Go live your life, enjoy, and don't take this all so serious." But you know like "Vmarco" that's just him and his perspective. Nothing more, and both of which I take with agrain of salt as just perspectives.

I don't think he's neoadvaitin if he says jeff foster, sailor bob, adyashanti and the like, are: "lying delusioned jag offs taking everyone for a wank".

Thats almost a defining characteristic of neoAdvaita. You think you are smarter than everyone else. There is a funny youtube video on this very thing LOL.

Edited by alwayson

Hah!!!! I can read descriptions of what Tibet is like for the rest of my life, but until I experience it directly, it's all mental abstractions. Surely you can't be 100% serious with the statement above that just because you studied/read about something extensively, that you actually know it experientially.

Another false assumption/speculation. It is instead a valid path that uses various methods to remove all conditions for the Unconditioned to be revealed. I personally know various Monks and Hermits within the tradition, which used it to unveil the Unconditioned. Many of these same individuals have deep long standing relationships with monks/hermits of Taoist, Buddhists, Sufi, and other traditions, and they all discuss the aspects of experiencing the Unconditioned amongst themselves.

If I brought your claims on this thread to them, they would laugh with compassion, as they have reached Enlightenment/Unconditioned realm through Esoteric Christianity.

Dominicus,...your posts reveal that you have not had a direct experience with anything. Like the whole of Esoteric Christianity, you are claiming something that is impossible. Experience born of belief can only be experienced through the condition of that belief..

I understand that you place monks/hermits on pedestals of admiration for their inter-faith advocacy,...and as such, it is quite difficult for you to see that everything you thought is meaning is rather meaningless. You spent much time and energy attempting to hold together a reality that is merely a dream.

Just reduce all you can gather about Buddhism and Taoism into a single idea:

Lao Tzu said, "the Tao doesn't come and go."

Buddha said, "the Tathagata does not come and go."

That is the only Unconditionality. Esoteric Christianity is not even close.

I can also understand dreamers like Paulno, who feel the need to strike out against, saying how hateful is VMarco. The truth is quite upsetting for believers,...and they typically set out to kill those who challenge their beliefs.

What doesn't come and go? The Present. The Present, that is the absolute Present, cannot be revealed through any form of Christianity or Abrahamic religion. The Present is only revealed when delusions such as any form of Christianity or Abramhamic religion is let go.

Buddhism says,...and is implied in Taoism,...without the direct realization of emptiness, absolute bodhichitta, the true practice of compassion is impossible. So I'm not in the least bit worried that you guys could laugh with compassion, because a safe bet would be that they haven't a clue what real compassion is.

"Buddhist teachings on compassion are grounded in the direct realization of Emptiness; without which, compassion is impossible." Robert Thurman commentary on the Dalai Lama's The Four Noble Truth's

There are not many paths to enlightenment,...there is but one,...and that begins with the recognition that all beliefs are false.

Edited by Vmarco

Thats almost a defining characteristic of neoAdvaita. You think you are smarter than everyone else. There is a funny youtube video on this very thing LOL.

Hey,I

Just texted him this reply and the youtube link.

We'll see what he says.

IS this specifically aimed at him? or are you just saying in general?

• Like 1

Neo-Advaitin? Esoteric Christianity doesn't even come close:

• Like 1