Owledge

Any chance stage magic can include real magic?

Could it be that the magical arts have become more widespread in some circles than one would assume? Is there any indication that stage magicians might be incorporating real magic into their illusions?

Because some tricks they pull off are so simple and yet astounding, seem to exclude any kind of peparation or diversion of attention, that I was wondering whether it's some kind of novelty in the community.

I am especially talking about tricks around matter penetration - placing an object into a glass plate or moving one's hand through glass, with only a newspaper covering the spot.

I've seen one video from the guy, and one minor trick was pretty good while the main trick that the whole video was making a fuss about was totally lame. (hummer on a ramp driving over his body with one wheel only or something like that)

crazy when he uses video editing to put his body in a woodchipper and blood goes everywhere and he steps out of the pile of woodchips. i don't recall the chipper ever spitting out his clothes or silly metal jewelry....

Now that you mention it, I was wondering about that, too: Whether magician stuff that's shown on TV (and there being no proof it was shown live) might be a setup - faked.

Although that one video where someone reaches through a showcase glass window to take out a cell phone, I don't think the passerbies were actors, since their reaction is so messed up, it can only be real.

Because some are rejecting to take the phone into their hands (since it's apparently stolen) but their mind seems incapable of even noticing the unexplainable magical trick. They act as if someone just stole a cell phone in a regular way. Others get a kind of blank stare IIRC - overall it was sad/hilarious. :unsure:

I once showed a random guy I had a nice chat with at L.A. airport a 'magical trick' (based on kinesiology). I was all cheerful and playful and all, but when I showed him the trick, he said I'm creeping him out now, became all serious and hurried away. :blink:

Edited by Owledge

They are all illusions but jolly good ones.

Conan Doyle was convinced that Houdini used real magic even though Houdini kept telling him otherwise and even showed Doyle how a couple of tricks worked.

I listened to an radio interview with Russell Targ about Remote Viewing and ESP, and he talks about a guy doing a stage show.

The reading of mind was just a trick but he would while doing the trick pick up details about that person that he did not know, and just add then to the acct.

Well, not including stuff like what Derren Brown does. No matter how amazing that is, it's still explained how it's done with ordinary means.

Now that I think of him, I remember that he, too, sometimes uses the TV presentation format to apply the same deceptive methods he uses in his tricks also on the TV viewer.

I know the term "real magic" is inaccurate and variable, but diverting attention I would not include, while inducing false images into minds I would include. Also matter penetration. John Chang seems to have demonstrated that. According to what was shown in a documentary, he pushed a wooden chopstick through a wooden table. In the process, a wood splinter allegedly flew into someone's eyes and his spiritual guides reprimanded him for causing hurt while showing off.

Edited by Owledge

well my uncle is a magician

and he incorporates both real magic and stage magic while performing

i am from india, and he is also an indian

i asked him how does he do it

he said he has acquired Siddhis and he suggested me to never try to attain these Siddhis lol

because he said its dangerous

he said once a man tried to expose his stage magic trick

so he did something on that person (called Vashikaran here) and avoided this situation

he is kind of a occultist

talking about Witches, Djinns , ghosts etc

his stories are interesting anyway

he supposedly acquired some of his Siddhis in a graveyard