Phi92

Interpretations of Wu Wei?

If no one is clapping ,it is harmonius that one should hear no sound.

(The listener is is accord with the event)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Hehehe. Caused me a laugh. Mark supplied the best answers he could. Mine would likely have had been similar.

ha ha ha!

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

Idiotic Taoist

"The difference between knowledge and understanding becomes clear when we realize that knowledge may be the function of one center. Understanding, however, is the function of three centers. Thus the thinking apparatus may know something. But understanding appears only when a man feels and senses what is connected with it.

"We have spoken earlier about mechanicalness. A man cannot say that he understands the idea of mechanicalness if he only knows about it with his mind. He must feel it with his whole mass, with his whole being; then he will understand it.

"In the sphere of practical activity people know very well the difference between mere knowledge and understanding. They realize that to know and to know how to do are two different things, and that knowing how to do is not created by knowledge alone. But outside the sphere of practical activity people do not clearly understand what 'understanding' means.

"As a rule, when people realize that they do not understand a thing they try to find a name for what they do not 'understand,' and when they find a name they say they 'understand.' But to 'find a name' does not mean to 'understand.' Unfortunately, people are usually satisfied with names. A man who knows a great many names, that is, a great many words, is deemed to understand a great deal—again excepting, of course, any sphere of practical activity wherein his ignorance very soon becomes evident.
  • Like 2

I was thinking more along the lines of repositioning "background noise" objects, items, tchokees, debris, and etc. misc. stuff, things, junk, and whatnot.

If you think you are up to the task then go for it.

• Like 1

I take wu wei to mean acting in the way that is most natural to my true being and most natural to the universe, which should be one and the same thing if I am in true harmony with the universe. If all comes from one, then all should be able to act in harmony. To be out of harmony, due to confusion, emotion or following desires, is actually more work and pain than to be in harmony. And so "no action" is understood as "no action out of harmony." If I'm flowing with the stream, I am moving with little to no effort and going where I need to be. If I'm going against the current, I am "acting" and acting wrongly.

• Like 4

MH!!! :lol:

It is an ignorant approach to Feng Shui at best! :lol:

Not that i dont do it, but i dont fully comprehend it or the consequences of picking up a penny at heads as opposed to tails.

Yeah, sometimes the choices we make in life are nothing more than a toss of a coin. I don't do Feng Shui. I suppose you already assumed that. My going outdoors to nature is a replacement for that.

If we have done the best we could do we should be able to openly accept whatever comes afterward.

• Like 1