Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Advice on something else, haha...

I've heard a good idea to neutralize dark feelings and return them to free flowing energy is to breath deeply into the feelings when they arise, accept and release them. Haven't tried it myself though.

Also, try using the Taoist 6 healing sounds for a few weeks.

I've heard a good idea to neutralize dark feelings and return them to free flowing energy is to breath deeply into the feelings when they arise, accept and release them. Haven't tried it myself though.

Also, try using the Taoist 6 healing sounds for a few weeks.

The first thing works pretty well I've found. Figure if I'm going to do practices that drag things up, then when I do it's counterproductive to re-repress them.

---opinion etc--

• Like 1

I've wanted to do the first thing, but sometimes nothing comes up as a feeling. Only tears seemingly unnassociated with feeling, or the feeling tends to fade when I move awareness/attention towards it - so the process can't happen.

Also, why don't we talk about the Secret Smile a bit? Santiago Dobles posted it on the Bums back in the day - it's a good tech. I find that I hit a sort of emotionless state/wall when I am having difficulty with a positive emote. -K_ or anyone else with experience with SS... Do you also sometimes experience a wall between the positive emotes and your current state? If so, how do you get past it?

I've tried Youtube videos and self massage and shaking. Perchance it's blockage in the mind.

treat it as eliminative, because that's what it is. Your mind has just got to go through it again to get rid of it

talking about it helps. For me it is talking with a loved one about something terrible i did in my past and getting it off my chest

• Like 1

My understanding based on what others have said (not my personal experience) is that people whom are not effectively grounded become a bit unstable on full moons. For example in psyche wards patients get very agitated on full moons.

I wouldn't worry much about it...keep practicing cultivation and self-purification. You will slowly grow in personal power where such things will no longer play chaos with your mind....of-course it will take some time and effort.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 1

Edited by sinansencer

heh, like I mentioned in the other thread, are you in the present or are you not? dark things from the past? if you feed them and give the thoughtform more angular momentum, it will keep spinning. stop adding angular momentum, the top ceases to spin and tips over, motionless. although not quite like that, it topples over once it no longer has sufficient gyroscopic momentum to stabilize the motion-form, then rolls around willy nilly for a few before finally giving up its last vestiges of rotation. aint no different!

• Like 1

I tried the 6 healing sounds - Even though I've just been through the exercise once so far, it did seem to balance me out and uplift me a bit. I'll keep doing it once a day and see how it goes.

joeblast - Being in the present is definitely something I can work on. It's not the kind of thing you can just switch on over night (for any extended period of time anyway), but the meditation I've been doing has been helping me keep more centered in day to day life. I see your point about feeding the thoughtform...I know I have to stop doing that, but it is a long process when patterns like this get deeply embedded.

yep full moons i get head pressurey and trippy and am more likely to do something impulsive. i never drink, but a few full moons ago i drank a bit

I tried the 6 healing sounds - Even though I've just been through the exercise once so far, it did seem to balance me out and uplift me a bit. I'll keep doing it once a day and see how it goes.

joeblast - Being in the present is definitely something I can work on. It's not the kind of thing you can just switch on over night (for any extended period of time anyway), but the meditation I've been doing has been helping me keep more centered in day to day life. I see your point about feeding the thoughtform...I know I have to stop doing that, but it is a long process when patterns like this get deeply embedded.

"long process" is in your mind. just recognize that the habit-energy still exists and you have to exert effort to reverse that habit-energy and replace it with a new better more constructive habit-energy. like lin's reference to master hsuan hua's story of the bug trapped in the bamboo pole, long way to go to climb out, will it realize the quickest way out is to eat through the side? ;) you cant immediately switch off that habit energy, so just deal with it as it arises, be mindful and in the present as much as possible, that's the path through!

• Like 1

I suppose you could look for alternative approaches in TCM or go find someone whom practices energy healing.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Yeah, I think I will. Sorry about that rant earlier, I don't mean to lay all that heavy sh*t on you guys - I just find putting what I'm experiencing into words to be a source of relief, and a way to deal with and observe my thought processes in a more tangible manner. I appreciate the comments.

Edited by T.S

Guys, maybe I should ask this on a medical forum, but even so: Do you think it's likely that I actually have a mental illness that is the real root of these problems? Given that when I started dabbling with black magic is when stuff got real bad, I've always had a deep conviction that my problems were, in some way, spiritual ones. What "they" diagnosed me with was drug-induced psychosis, and the symptoms I had did indeed match pretty closely with those of said condition, but they also matched up with a lot of stuff I've read about psychic attacks and what not.

I've always been more spiritually/mystically inclined than scientific, so I always believed the cause of this stuff was spiritual, but I've begun rethinking that very recently because, having just ceased taking medication a bit more than a month ago, some of the symptoms have returned. Now, I've read in numerous places that a lot of people have VERY negative things to say about the drug I was being treated with for a few years - Some people even think the drug that was supposed to help them actually had severe side-effects for up to a few months after ceasing treatment.

So, I really don't know what to think about all this - I'm prepared to acknowledge that, perhaps, I did have authentic psychosis, but I really do NOT want to go back on the same treatment I was on, as it never felt right to me...I guess I've just been experiencing heightened (mental and emotional) sensitivity these past few days, and things haven't felt quite right.

It's all well and good to say I shouldn't give the thought form more energy, and I do agree with that when it's possible, but I also don't want to fall into the trap of denial when something could be wrong.

Can Chinese Herbal Medicine help with things like this? Can energy work help? Are there any alternatives to the "just put this guy back on drugs" mentality of Mainstream Western Medicine?

Cheers.

A lot of stuff that messes with serotonin and related neurotransmitters have these side effects. If you dont mind my asking, what was it? Look up what it was and how it altered the neurotransmitter balance and you'll find that it often takes a while for rebalancing, usually stuff like that is weaned off of instead of a hard drop off them, which induces more severe fluctuations in the neurotransmitter balance. At any rate, its all about a good balance. More later, I have to resume chipping away at the snowdrift in my driveway :D

Yeah, I think I will. Sorry about that rant earlier, I don't mean to lay all that heavy sh*t on you guys - I just find putting what I'm experiencing into words to be a source of relief, and a way to deal with and observe my thought processes in a more tangible manner. I appreciate the comments.

Nah, that actually helps us understand more thoroughly, less likely to point away from the root when thinking about root causes. Of course there should be doc's consultations and such if possible, but you cant ask a western doc about a taoist or tcm related approach, no basis for him to give a diagnosis there just like most have no basis to give a medical diagnosis over the internet ;)

Hi joeblast,

My apologies for not replying until now.

The medication I was on is called Risperdal - An anti-psychotic drug...I don't actually know the technical ins and outs of what it does in the brain, but FYI I did wean off it over the course of a few months. Fortunately, the really bad symptoms I was experiencing a few days ago seem to have (somewhat) cleared - I've just been trying to relax, not put too much pressure on myself at this time, praying, laughing, etc etc.

I'm mainly going on intuition/gut feelings here, but it seems to me that, despite weaning off the drug, it was still a bit of a shock to my system to not receive the doses it normally would have by now - This brought forth some of the negativity I used to experience, and seems to have brought up some anxiety and repressed anger as well. Thankfully, I'm at the point now where, even if my thoughts start becoming a little hyperactive, I can stop, breathe deeply for however long I need, and stay centered.

I went through a long period of denial about my problems, so acknowledging and accepting that I did/do have a few issues that need working through was a BIG step forward, and talking to a good friend helped as well.

Thanks for replying.

Good luck...yeah, that stuff messes around with your chemistry and will take a bit, have no idea how long, for your body to recalibrate and get on its own cycle sans those influences. /\

• Like 1

Hi Gerard, I haven't been using one single method, I've been using what I know - Basic self-hypnosis, deep breathing, etc. Can you please elaborate on any methods you're familiar with that may help in any way? I am open to ideas...

Thanks.

Edited by T.S

Thank you Gerard :D Over the last couple of days, for the most part, I've actually been feeling really good - lots of energy, stable state of mind, bursting into spontaneous bouts of hysterical laughter for no apparent reason :lol:

Edited by T.S

Sign in to follow this