Flolfolil

cant access general section

i keep getting "driver error" "problem with the database" or something of the sort but it seems like others are still posting :(

I had same issue yesterday (all forums except the main page for me)

It's working fine today (10 hrs later) but I'm also on a different computer ... can't offer any sugestion except I hope that time helps you too.

I'm having same prob with general and also 'view new posts' ... I can get into some individual threads and some forums but not general.

that's funny you're using dolphin. they're a client of a media company my brother works for. i helped him brainstorm a funny commercial for them where this guy is cradling a baby dolphin and baby talking to it. ^_^

anyway, damn. i hope this is just a caching issue and not a continued database problem.

can you guys try to clear your cache, login again, refresh? sorry, i know that's an annoying "i.t. guy" variant of "have you tried rebooting?"

sean

• Like 1

Now that's weird, back at home on chrome (rebooted {only} since last night) and can't access any forums by clicking on them from http://thetaobums.com/ eg. this link http://thetaobums.com/forum/14-forum-and-tech-support/

gives

thetaobums.com Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Return to the index

but was able to get in by clicking this link http://thetaobums.com/topic/26836-cant-access-general-section/#entry400389

Hi, Still didn't work for me so followed Mal advice and cleared cache and 'view new posts' works now. Not sure I understand why :) lol.

Some of the fora that I tried to access while things were having problems came back with driver errors after the problem was fixed and were repaired for me also by reloading the page on the error screen itself. It appears that the browser cached the error anywhere I had visited and preferred the cache to live data in each case. This was on Chrome.

Ah so chrome screwed me up by pretending to be the fastest browser ... all smoke and mirrors eh?

i keep getting "driver error" "problem with the database" or something of the sort but it seems like others are still posting :(

I had the same issue yesterday.

Ah so chrome screwed me up by pretending to be the fastest browser ... all smoke and mirrors eh?

That's what "cache" does ;) keeps a copy of the pages you visit saved on your computer, so that you don't have to wait while it goes looking for them online.

(Clearing it was Sean's sugestion ... although I do run linux and have a motorcycle ... I'd never be mistaken for a stick figure!)

yeah tablets and mobile devices tend to rely heavily on caching (the assumption being you may have limited bandwidth) and additionally shield you from being able to easily clear it. not sure how to cache clear on android dolphin, srry.

sean

I've had trouble in the past with Chrome's compatibility with TTB. Firefox uses way more tech resources, but it works.

I've had trouble in the past with Chrome's compatibility with TTB. Firefox uses way more tech resources, but it works.

I'd rather use Firefox but it makes the processor on my 6 year old macbook go to max temp and the fan buzzes like its going to burst ... so I switched to chrome which seems quicker and uses much less processing power.

Each tab that is open in Firefox slowly consumes more and more RAM. If you run a lot of tabs at once for a week or longer Firefox can consume several GB of your computer's memory. It is because they poorly coded their memory management routines and it does not flush out unused content properly. :excl:

Why don't they fix it?is it difficult?

I have completely dropped Firefox for a year now. I found it more and more user-unfriendly.