Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Martin Luther King Jr

Yeah I think the point is that someone decides to remind us of a great man, and all some people can add to the conversation is "well yeah? Well, according to this, he plagiarized once!". Meaning everything he's done, said, accomplished, means nothing and shouldn't be celebrated because he did something stupid once (show me someone who hasn't).

Your point that we shouldn't ignore things, and should always seek the truth, is well taken. But why jump into a thread praising what most of us would consider a great man, and have nothing more to say than "he plagiarized"? Do you bring up the one or two bad things in the past of any great man or woman, any time they're brought up? Seems a very negative way to live a life.

"Oh, Buddha? Well, I heard once that he started out believing some other religion, and only at the end came around..."

"Jesus? Did you know about the things the Romans accused him of??"

"Did you know that BK Frantzis once made fun of Wudang martial arts and called them "bullshit"?? Cause that's all I have to say about any of those people".

I realize putting Mr. Frantzis in the same example as Buddha and Jesus is silly, I was just looking for more examples and wasn't getting inspired....

:)

• Like 2

Although it may not be possible, I'm almost going for CM Punk at this point-

that dude looks seriously strung out on meth. didn't watch the video, just going on the thumbnail

If you have anything to add that is in the least bit intelligent, then say it.

Relative to body size, the barnacle is the animal with the biggest penis.

• Like 1

2-3 times longer than its "legs"! Crazy. Thanks quirks and quarks.

Back to the point though, MLK was indeed a great man.

That photo doesn't mean anything...

for example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjheg7TZFM

We could go into the brutal attacks and rape of white women / men and children?

perhaps something more recent? (considering I just posted in another thread... just have to paste the link again...)

http://www.thetruthaboutsouthafrica.com/p/white-genocide-in-south-africa.html

who can say..what is what?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

That photo doesn't mean anything...

for example...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjheg7TZFM

We could go into the brutal attacks and rape of white women / men and children?

perhaps something more recent? (considering I just posted in another thread... just have to paste the link again...)http://www.thetruthaboutsouthafrica.com/p/white-genocide-in-south-africa.html

who can say..what is what?

Obviously, you fail to understand what this thread is in regards to. Stop the trolling nonsense.

• Like 1

http://www.upworthy.com/the-most-powerful-photo-of-martin-luther-king-jr-ive-ever-seen?c=o98

Am posting from my phone and not certain if the photo posted or not. Dr. King is removing a burnt cross from his yard.

great-important-historical-photographs-1

I was referring to the validity of this image ... and using above as an example...

It may or may not be valid... who knows...

when it comes to mass media... I am generally skeptical

... that is all I am getting at...

+ the constant bias and silencing of information is what I am attempting to highlight.

... hence the other link.. you should have a look at if you will...

just demonstrating the double standards...

as you would be aware... a technique used againstthe population... is divide and conquer...

it is in the best interest of the powers that be to create as much ground conflict as possible (that is so-so sustainable) in order for them to maintain control...

ORDO AB CHAO

order from chaos?

• Like 1

White Brain Lacking Oxygene, not sure you realize that MLK was actually about uniting people, not dividing them, and that is why the establishment tried to keep him down. And the video you posted was of a nut who called to threaten his own Jewish family members as if they were the target of Nazis. This has nothing to do with MLK, who obviously had no shortage of death threats to deal with on a daily basis. The last thing he needed to do was fabricate new threats to "appear" like he had a hateful enemy.

• Like 1

Nasty business all round.

On another forum I post to whenever someone posts a pro civil rights type of image or comment other people immediately post anti images and comments.

Same goes with pro Israel or anti Islam and whenevr I mention being a union rep someone (usually from the USA) calls me a commie

It's one of those things, everybody has their own opinions on political issues.

I'm very pro MLK and all he stood for and still does stand for and as this thread is about MLK maybe best not to use it for fighting about other issues eh?

:)

White Brain Lacking Oxygene, not sure you realize that MLK was actually about uniting people, not dividing them, and that is why the establishment tried to keep him down. And the video you posted was of a nut who called to threaten his own Jewish family members as if they were the target of Nazis. This has nothing to do with MLK, who obviously had no shortage of death threats to deal with on a daily basis. The last thing he needed to do was fabricate new threats to "appear" like he had a hateful enemy.

Have a good look at that photo above...

now

Apparently someone or group... in the night? hammers a flaming cross (appears to be wrapped in cloth? so I imagine smoke etc) into his front lawn... nobody notices it until the morning.... where there just so happens to be... press... just as he is pulling out the cross...all dressed up... with some poor looking child..appearing as though the child is wiping away a tear... snap... front page....

hmmm.... that is a remarkable sequence of events...

Revolutions... tend to end badly // generally hidden agendas / agitators etc

People are sometimes knowingly or unknowingly used as pawns

Look what happened after his death...

63358.jpg

53010286.jpg

Uniting people you say?

Also something of interest... what it means? why has it been locked away?

To be more clear.... I just want the Truth... nothing more...nothing less

Question everything... be critical of everything... so many muppets spouting the same stuff...

I am not attempting to be right or wrong here.... just some things seem..out of place is all... so I ask questions...

Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File Microform Collection

Scope: The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File microforms collection consists of two parts, the FBI File and the King-Levison File.

The FBI File consists of 17,000 pages of materials about Martin Luther King, Jr. The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted surveillance of Rev. King from 1958 until his death. Documents have been censored and many pages include blacked-out sections. Due to a court order any information about or from FBI wiretaps have been removed and will not be released until 2027. Because of the surveillance, this file constitutes an extensive record of Rev. King's day-to-day activities.

The King-Levison File consists of "verbatim transcripts and detailed summaries of telephone conversations between King and one of his most trusted confidants, Stanley D. Levison, a New York lawyer and businessman with whom the civil rights leader spoke on an almost daily basis for more than six years." (Guide to the Microfilm Edition of The Martin Luther King, Jr., FBI File Part II: The King-Levison File.)

How to search the collection:

The FBI File has only a brief pamphlet which consists of a rough contents list of the file.

It is titled The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File and is located at Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 1 Guide.

The King-Levison File has a guide called The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File Part II: The King-Levison File which is located at Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 2 Guide. The transcripts of the wiretaps are listed in chronological order for each reel. There is also a Subject Index which tells you which reel number and item number a given subject is on.

Guides:

Garrow, David J. The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File. Frederick, Md.: University Publications of America, Inc. 1984 (Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 1 Guide.)

Garrow, David J. The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File Part II: The King-Levison File. Frederick, Md.: University Publications of America, Inc, 1987.

(Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 2 Guide).

For more information about this subject in our Library Catalog, check out these

Subject Categories:

King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968.

Levison, Stanley D., 1912-1979.

Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972.

United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation -- Archives.

Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- Sources.

Martin Luther King Tapes

Sealed Until: 2027

Fearing that Martin Luther King Jr. had ties to Communist organizations, the FBI spied on him for several years. The FBI described King as “the most dangerous and effective Negro leader in the country”. FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover filed a request with Attorney General Robert Kennedy to wiretap King and his associates. Kennedy gave the Bureau permission and tapped their phones and placed hidden microphones in homes, hotel rooms and offices. The FBI was unsuccessful in proving that he had ties to Communists; however they did have something that would reveal embarrassing details about King’s sex life. King refused to give in to the FBI’s threats, even after the FBI drafted a letter to him from an anonymous source detailing everything they knew about his sexual transgressions. Highlights of the letter include: “You are a colossal fraud and an evil, vicious one at that.” “The American public will know you for what you are, an evil, abnormal beast, and Satan could not do more” “King, there is only one thing left for you to do.” Some have theorized the intent of the letter was to drive King to commit suicide in order to avoid personal embarrassment. On January 31, 1977, district Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr., ordered all known copies of recorded audiotapes and written transcripts resulting from the FBI’s surveillance of King between 1963 and 1968 to be sealed in the National Archives and away from public access for 50 years.

http://listverse.com/2010/08/07/10-fascinating-sealed-and-secret-documents/

MLK's chosen style was effective because it deliberately avoided giving "Those Hellish Evil Monsters"(to quote myself) what they wanted and needed to use against him.

Besides, if there was some staging of the photo, it would be the one time they did show this happening.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Have a good look at that photo above...

now

Apparently someone or group... in the night? hammers a flaming cross (appears to be wrapped in cloth? so I imagine smoke etc) into his front lawn... nobody notices it until the morning.... where there just so happens to be... press... just as he is pulling out the cross...all dressed up... with some poor looking child..appearing as though the child is wiping away a tear... snap... front page....

hmmm.... that is a remarkable sequence of events...

Revolutions... tend to end badly // generally hidden agendas / agitators etc

People are sometimes knowingly or unknowingly used as pawns

Look what happened after his death...63358.jpg53010286.jpg

Uniting people you say?

Also something of interest... what it means? why has it been locked away?

To be more clear.... I just want the Truth... nothing more...nothing less

Question everything... be critical of everything... so many muppets spouting the same stuff...

I am not attempting to be right or wrong here.... just some things seem..out of place is all... so I ask questions...

Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File Microform Collection

Scope: The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File microforms collection consists of two parts, the FBI File and the King-Levison File.

The FBI File consists of 17,000 pages of materials about Martin Luther King, Jr. The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted surveillance of Rev. King from 1958 until his death. Documents have been censored and many pages include blacked-out sections. Due to a court order any information about or from FBI wiretaps have been removed and will not be released until 2027. Because of the surveillance, this file constitutes an extensive record of Rev. King's day-to-day activities.

The King-Levison File consists of "verbatim transcripts and detailed summaries of telephone conversations between King and one of his most trusted confidants, Stanley D. Levison, a New York lawyer and businessman with whom the civil rights leader spoke on an almost daily basis for more than six years." (Guide to the Microfilm Edition of The Martin Luther King, Jr., FBI File Part II: The King-Levison File.)

How to search the collection:

The FBI File has only a brief pamphlet which consists of a rough contents list of the file.

It is titled The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File and is located at Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 1 Guide.

The King-Levison File has a guide called The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File Part II: The King-Levison File which is located at Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 2 Guide. The transcripts of the wiretaps are listed in chronological order for each reel. There is also a Subject Index which tells you which reel number and item number a given subject is on.Guides:

Garrow, David J. The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File. Frederick, Md.: University Publications of America, Inc. 1984 (Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 1 Guide.)

Garrow, David J. The Martin Luther King, Jr. FBI File Part II: The King-Levison File. Frederick, Md.: University Publications of America, Inc, 1987.

(Microfilm E 185.97 M34 1984 pt. 2 Guide).

For more information about this subject in our Library Catalog, check out these

Subject Categories:

King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968.Levison, Stanley D., 1912-1979. Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972.United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation -- Archives. Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- Sources.

Martin Luther King Tapes

Sealed Until: 2027

Fearing that Martin Luther King Jr. had ties to Communist organizations, the FBI spied on him for several years. The FBI described King as the most dangerous and effective Negro leader in the country. FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover filed a request with Attorney General Robert Kennedy to wiretap King and his associates. Kennedy gave the Bureau permission and tapped their phones and placed hidden microphones in homes, hotel rooms and offices. The FBI was unsuccessful in proving that he had ties to Communists; however they did have something that would reveal embarrassing details about Kings sex life. King refused to give in to the FBIs threats, even after the FBI drafted a letter to him from an anonymous source detailing everything they knew about his sexual transgressions. Highlights of the letter include: You are a colossal fraud and an evil, vicious one at that. The American public will know you for what you are, an evil, abnormal beast, and Satan could not do more King, there is only one thing left for you to do. Some have theorized the intent of the letter was to drive King to commit suicide in order to avoid personal embarrassment. On January 31, 1977, district Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr., ordered all known copies of recorded audiotapes and written transcripts resulting from the FBIs surveillance of King between 1963 and 1968 to be sealed in the National Archives and away from public access for 50 years.

http://listverse.com/2010/08/07/10-fascinating-sealed-and-secret-documents/

The director of the FBI at that time was J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover was a racist.

Edited by ralis

Look what happened after his death...

Uniting people you say?

on one level i agree, revolutions tend to get violent. i don't think he advocated that though. i could be wrong, i just thought he preached anti-violence?

in my opinion a violent revolution is just as bad as the people doing the original oppression. if you want to justify burning things to "send a message" whatever. i think those people are brutes though. do what you believe you gotta do i guess...

• Like 1

And somehow "telling the truth about his alleged plagiarism is a revolutionary act?"

r0w0o0.jpg:huh:

wwhuz7.jpg

23gzkuf.jpg

2re1jpy.jpg

2mebhqd.jpg

:lol:

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

It's not what's been said; it's the motive behind it that makes the difference. The motive evident behind bringing these allegations, at this time, is the problem. We all have freedom of speech, but jealously trying to bring someone down for no other reason than to do so is not a virtuous act of "speaking truth."

t's not what's been said; it's the motive behind it that makes the difference.

And what were all the actual underlying motives of his mentors and promoters? Were all the results all good?

1httmw.jpg

Do any of the results bear any similarities to other agitprop class revolutions elsewhere?

10romky.jpg

2gtydee.jpg

ultra-left-human-rights-new-democracy-pe101.jpg

6jj05z.jpg

Is this always what "political liberation of the proletariats" looks like?

104.jpg

And why was MLK initially supported...but then quickly disposed of once he spoke out against US military imperialism?

MLK lost the support of the 1%, including mainstream media and then-President Johnson, when he began to organize and speak against the Vietnamese War. In 1964, the day after President Johnson's State of the Union Address, MLK called for an anti-war march on Washington, DC, to stop what he called "one of history's most cruel and senseless wars.” In 1967, exactly one year before he was assassinated, he delivered a speech against the war effort and told the world that the U.S. government was "the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today.”

MLK’s opposition to the war was not only based on the hypocrisy of killing people to give them democracy, but also on the fact that the war effort took money from social programs to spend on weapons. "A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death."

King had been a solid supporter of President Lyndon B. Johnson and his Great Society, but he became increasingly concerned about U.S. involvement in Vietnam and, as his concerns became more public, his relationship with the Johnson administration deteriorated.

King came to view U.S. intervention in Southeast Asia as little more than imperialism. Additionally, he believed that the Vietnam War diverted money and attention from domestic programs created to aid the black poor. Furthermore, he said, 'the war was doing far more than devastating the hopes of the poor at home...We were taking the black young men who had been crippled by our society and sending them eight thousand miles away to guarantee liberties in Southeast Asia which they had not found in southwest Georgia and East Harlem.'"

King maintained his antiwar stance and supported peace movements until he was assassinated on April 4, 1968, one year to the day after delivering his Beyond Vietnam speech.

Might there be anything a little wrong in Denmark, here?? Do any of the massive upheavals from the 60s bear any closer scrutiny? We are a warmongering country $16 trillion in debt now, after all... So, might it be time to possibly reevaluate any of our ideology & reexamine any of our sacred cows?

american-idol-iphone.png

Or just unquestioningly stay the course onward towards a 3rd World Promised Land??

_46061574_007651442-1.jpg

Well, some of us enjoy us some good "conspiracy theories"...and some of us don't. But, to each their own! Vive la différence! :D

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

And what were all the actual underlying motives of his mentors and promoters? Were all the results all good?

1httmw.jpg

Do any of the results bear any similarities to other agitprop class revolutions elsewhere?

10romky.jpg

2gtydee.jpg

ultra-left-human-rights-new-democracy-pe101.jpg

6jj05z.jpg

Is this always what "political liberation of the proletariats" looks like?

104.jpg

And why was MLK initially supported...but then quickly disposed of once he spoke out against US military imperialism?

Might there be anything a little wrong in Denmark, here?? Do any of the massive upheavals from the 60s bear any closer scrutiny? We are a warmongering country $16 trillion in debt now, after all... So, might it be time to possibly reevaluate any of our ideology & reexamine any of our sacred cows?

american-idol-iphone.png

Or just unquestioningly stay the course onward towards a 3rd World Promised Land??

_46061574_007651442-1.jpg

Well, some of us enjoy us some good "conspiracy theories"...and some of us don't. But, to each their own! Vive la différence! :D

Give a consistent explanation rather than your usual chaotic rambling.

Edited by ralis

Sign in to follow this