h.uriahr

Not that I'm paranoid or anything but uh.......

I think the US needs to get out of the highly emotive and politicised stances taken by both sides of this debate to find its own unique solution. Start by defining the problem ... what is it exactly that makes people go into schools on a shooting spree ... what psychologically/socially and so on are the defining factors and so on. Then design a solution which targets these causes.

and unfortunately that is the very thing ignored by the "recommendations" - the amount of drugs, ADHD or otherwise, these people are on. but they were sure to insert things like "we need to make sure that Obamacare isnt impacted by this" in a few of their rule-recommendations.

it also missed "enforce the laws on the books"

and not to mention with regard to straw buyers, the hypocritical issue that the obama admin was the entity that facilitated straw man purchases going to the mexican drug cartels. "do what I tell you to, its not legal for you to mimic what I do."

This is one f*&*ed up thread. Children died, parent's are mourning, and you're making up conspiracy theories. Anyone with a tenth of a working brain can see that none of this conspiracy crap is even worth considering, unless you're already predisposed towards hating the government and creating said conspiracy.

Nothing is more cruel and calous than trivializing the deaths of these innocent children. Grow up. Get out of the f-ing house and stop believing that everything is a conspiracy.

Aaron

edited for grammar

You forgot "Get a life/job/girlfriend!"to make the sheeple-agent-of-status-quo clichée perfect. Grabbing people by their emotions (like you demonstrate here) is exactly how propaganda works.

The same way as when I tell someone that HIV doesn't exist, I get a response like: "I knew a friend who died of AIDS - how dare you!"

People are so massively muddling up emotion and fact. Strong emotions turn off the capacity for logic.

Edited by Owledge

By the way, maybe the whole Second Amendment was a mistake and it was supposed to state the "right to arm bears". I would totally support that. Just for the hilarity ensuing.

P.S.: That just reminded me of this picture:

gladiatorrabbits.png

Edited by Owledge

its amazing watching the coroner give his interview to the media, telling them he knows for a fact the long gun/rifle was used to kill the kids, but then he fumbles around and wont give an answer when asked what caliber ("you'd think after the thousands of people I've seen shot I'd be able to tell") - I'm curious how that juxtaposes with him also saying "I dont know, I didnt get up there yet". did they ever say what shell casings they found on the floors? "You can control the situation...depending on the photographer...and I have VERRY good photographers *rolls eyes* " ....seriously who tf is this cretin? "do you know how many bodies were recovered from the scene"..."No, I dont" followed by a movie-esque giggle...need to find this unedited...

or the nurse changing her story, at first telling the media (cnn found her outside and talked to her before the authorities got to her) she looked into lanza's eyes before ducking beneath her desk...after story changed, she fumbles over details about looking through the wire-hole in her desk and ...seeing him from the knees down? anyone that's been under a desk like that knows the holes are more towards the top and if she was crouched down, no way in hell she was seeing him from knees down. or her talking about knowing lanza's mother, "being exactly the type of person you'd want teaching your 5 year old" but then we're repeatedly told mom had no connection to the school whatsoever.

or lt vance ignoring a question about the mom's association with the school by a reporter by just speaking off the top of his head in another direction

lanza supposedly entered through a window and compeltely got around any surveilance from the 14th, but look at all those camera angles. he supposedly went there on the 13th and argued with some people at the school, but no footage from that?

east windsor gun store where mom supposedly bought the weapons was raided by the feds because they caught someone stealing guns from there - turns out over 30 guns from that place are missing and unaccounted for - makes you wonder if she ever bought an AR to begin with.

FEMA right in town doing a crisis mock event? yeah right.

the more info you find on this, the shadier it looks from a ton of different angles.

Well, here is something I find bizarre. Let's forget about Sandy Hook for a moment. For the past few years I never heard about school shootings. You rarely saw them covered on the news. I had almost been thinking school shootings were a thing of the past and weren't in vogue anymore. Now all of a sudden, since last summer, I started hearing about school shootings on the news all the time, even less serious ones where no one died. Ones where one or 2 people died seem to be happening several times a week now.

They don't even make sense anymore either. Some 20 year old coming in and shooting young children? WTF? At least Columbine made some actual sense, and it was actual kids, who had been harassed and bullied, and who went to that school. Now it's outsiders who don't even go to the school doing it, with little motivation and that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Strange.

Edited by Immortal4life

"So called" cultivators? Weak minded fools that have too much time on their hands? And now calling people irrational?

I won't discuss whether you're being insulting...you are.

No offence but this place is like the bodybuilding misc version of Cultivation. I do enjoy a handful of people here though.

Cuomo: Gun Control Would Have Never Happened If Public Was Allowed to Review It

On January 30, 2013, by Rusty Weiss

In order to pass the New York SAFE Act, which substantially erodes a citizens Constitutionally granted Second Amendment right to bear arms, Governor Cuomo had to circumvent his own state Constitution. That document has an amendment requiring a three-day public review of all laws. By issuing a Message of Necessity, Cuomo was able to pass the law without public scrutiny, with the Senate actually voting on the bill a mere 30 minutes after receiving it.

The process led to State Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin to say that, Moscow would be proud of our state Legislature and Executive Chamber, but every New Yorker should be outraged.

Now Cuomo is admitting that allowing a three-day public review would have killed the momentum behind his gun control bill.

Nothing like that will ever happen without a message of necessity, he said.

Via the Times Union:

I think we did a great thing, Cuomo told the Times Union Editorial Board on Monday. Nothing like that will ever happen without a message of necessity.

Its not a revelation that Cumo is a results-over-process guy. But he seems clearly ruffled by criticisms that hes heavy-handed, like the Times Unions editorial knocking his use of a message of necessity, to have the bill immediately enacted.

Cuomo began by noting the gun bill was a special circumstance, because now-banned assault weapons would fly off the shelves in any waiting period. Then he began to share blame with legislative leaders who, he said, could have taken his message and still waited to act.

But then he moved into a direct defense of the message of necessity:

Any pressing piece of legislation, whether its the fiscal cliff, any big deal in Washington it is an evolving situation and you take the vote when you have the vote. It never gets static for three days. Thats not the nature of the beast, because its constantly changing, he said. Unless you call the vote when you actually have the vote, its shifting sands It will never happen if you put it on the desk for three days. Well, from a process standpoint, wouldnt it be better if you could do it and put it on the desk for three days? Yes! Yes, I believe that, and thats why Ive done fewer than anyone. But if say were going to be salve to a process requirement and not get really big things done, then I disagree with you.

Indeed, Moscow would have been proud. Perhaps more importantly, bypassing the three day waiting period allowed the bill to be passed without a now publicized Democrat wish list of gun control measures to ever be discussed; a wish list that includes confiscation of guns and ammo, and practically eliminates all semi-automatic weapons on top of so-called assault weapons.

Moscow would be proud of Governor Cuomo, indeed.

Someone needs to start tarring and feathering these guys.

By the way, who was the general that was told to leave recently?

About the video: Who seriously believes that the military has to use urban area to do their drills?

You simply have to check: Has this been done before? Is it routine? Probably not. Something is being done that has not been done before, so people have to be vigilant.

They didn't give a public statement about what the drill was about, so it's very likely something that would outrage people.

It's not the first drill of this kind though. I've seen a video report from a while ago where the army walked with soldiers through actual residential areas and practiced terrorizing civilians. IIRC the residents were told to cooperate with the drill, which included violating their property rights. I'm wondering why this doesn't have massive consequences. Are people THAT inert?

• Like 1

“Nothing we’re going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down to 1,000 a year from what it is now,” Biden told reporters Thursday afternoon

but somehow, some way..."it will." even though it is plainly acknowledged that the measures will not have such an effect.

sounds like a good enough reason to limit the people's liberty to me :rolleyes:

• Like 1