therion

Man shoots electricity out from his hand

As I have entered Denty into the ignore user option I missed his latest -I have no comment .His BS speaks for itself- but thanks Spyrelx for your kindness towards him, I have no more interest in dealing with rampant me-me-meists on the web.

I need no defence from him on anyone's part though it is well meant I am sure. I have chosen to ignore him. Others have e-mailed me that they too have added him to their ignore list. I suggest to anyone who feels annoyance/annomosity towards me to add my name to their ignore list.

Tolerence of anti-social behaviors is a trait of liberalism that has caused a lot of harm in the world. Sociopathy if humored can manifest in harmful ways.

This is an exceptional forum for the most part in that we are kind, tolerant and honest with each-other. And we have been tendered the tools to deal with those who do not measure up to common standards of social discourse in a mature and reasonable manner.

Sean O has created a remarkably civil and uplifting place for us to compare our experiences as seekers and questers after greater meaning in our lives etc...I for one expect and accept that gleaning any useful input from my fellow humans will include having left some dross behind in the process.

Interesting...

I am suprised by such a strong reaction from Wayfarer64 to SeanD. Is it carrying over from some other thread I missed?

Spyrelx,

I don't think I have called anyone stupid or made any personal attacks. This is just a weak defense against your perception that I'm taking a superior position. The reality is I'm just arguing a point and people like you and Pat and a perhaps a few others can't really handle the idea that I know more than you about Daoism.

Your just trying to get a few punches in to make your self look good in the eyes of others; and all your really doing is inflating your own ego; and the simple fact remains that, in terms of actual Daoist cultivation, you probably haven't even scratched the surface. Your more concerned about making friends here than having an honest dialog.

Michael Winn is a good person, we even chatted on the phone not to long ago. Despite our differences, we still keep in touch once in a blue moon and I enjoy listening to his 'Theories.' He, despite his wrong ideas about Daoist cultivation, is actually doing a lot of good in the world and has done a lot to rescue the Healing Dao from becoming a harmful place. He's added his own flavor and reinvented the system to focus more on mental and spiritual health and backed off of Chia's early claims about immortality and rejuvenation. He's created his own system and taken out or reduced the harmful aspects while shifting the focus to a more practical, realistic level. Calling it Daoism is a bit of a stretch, but it beats putting people in the hospital.

I hold no ill will toward Pat or anyone here, but if you want to pretend I'm some kind of sociopath to make your self feel better, go right ahead. I'll just put you on my ignor list :lol:

Peace, Sean

P.S. Anyone want to beat a dead horse? I'm here all week. This popularity contest stuff is truly amusing.

I personally enjoy Sean D's presence here. It adds to the mix and presents a different view. I mean, maybe he's a little rude(I actually don't remember him ever being rude to me except when I was rude to him first :lol: ) But so what? I mean, those of us who have been around these discussions have seen much worse manners.

He's opinionated, he's brash, he thinks he knows more about Taoism than the rest of us.

That's some quality entertainment right there!

I say allow the space for ego and opinions. Just allow space for that. Sean O won't let the manners go down too much if it really gets out of hand or something people can ignore the user.

To add another view, can we allow the possibilty that there is no problem. See what happens when you let go of judgment of others problems and faults. I have found when doing this I can meet others more honestly and openly.

Just try it occasionally..then of course your ego can always remain in control and see problems. I was thinking about this recently. And I might be completly full of shit. I don't know. But can ego dominate your experience in the absence of problems? It's an interesting practice. It's one thing to do it while sitting in silence in your home but extending the spirit of allowance to others is something I am interested in exploring. And I am a total beginner at it.

Just because a person is a scientist doesn't mean that they can't easily be tricked by a professional con artist like Geller.

Edited by witch

Just because a person is a scientist doesn't mean that they can't easily be tricked by a professional con artist like Geller.

So how do you think he faked it? I've watched the documentary and the only possibility of a trick I saw would be if all of the scientists themselves were in on it. This is actually a criticism people have used, something I feel is highly unlikely considering they are paid to be objective and have nothing to gain ether way.

S

Edited by seandenty

Remember the good ol' days... "my chi is bigger then you're chi... " ... "oh yeah?" ... <clenches fist>

The internet... <sigh>