skydog

How to make money?

And please sinansencer when you succeed in your pursuit make another thread with the same name but without question mark, and share your knowledge and experience :)

• Like 2

I have seen this happen in me hundreds of times, while I do respect your giving your best advice, this is actually your own negative ideas your giving to other people.

Its only negative if your mind classifies it as such.

If the mind does not classify it as anything, it is neither good nor bad or anything in between.

• Like 3

Its only negative if your mind classifies it as such.

If the mind does not classify it as anything, it is neither good nor bad or anything in between.

I can validate what your saying but I dont think a zen master would say "that is zen"

Illusions need to be dealt with, and to some extent the world of form exists too.

Edited by sinansencer

I like to see what the 'real' question is. I don't know what yours is OP but mine has very often been 'How can I get money without having to work?' Which itself contains other 'real' questions like 'what is 'work' such that I'd rather avoid it'? What do I mean by 'money'? The latter usually translates into something like peace of mind and basic security of housing, food and health and options about how I spend time. The former has to do with avoidance of shit bosses (had a few, as did my father, this stuff can reach back) rejection, being judged and criticized for what I 'produce' and a bunch more which I don't want to get into.

I have also been looking into the different ways money can be created. Also discussing it with people who have done it and unsurprisingly it still took them some real amount of effort and most of them went the route of providing value to others, while some others went the 'pyramid' route.

I agree with Mr Slopps suggestions re colleges. The vocational places I've seen all had much higher hire rates than the universities. Also financially less onerous.

• Like 3

Have you tried selling your paintings? Personally I thought they were good.

Become the next big thing in Trance Painting!

• Like 1

I like to see what the 'real' question is. I don't know what yours is OP but mine has very often been 'How can I get money without having to work?' Which itself contains other 'real' questions like 'what is 'work' such that I'd rather avoid it'? What do I mean by 'money'? The latter usually translates into something like peace of mind and basic security of housing, food and health and options about how I spend time. The former has to do with avoidance of shit bosses (had a few, as did my father, this stuff can reach back) rejection, being judged and criticized for what I 'produce' and a bunch more which I don't want to get into.

I have also been looking into the different ways money can be created. Also discussing it with people who have done it and unsurprisingly it still took them some real amount of effort and most of them went the route of providing value to others, while some others went the 'pyramid' route.

I agree with Mr Slopps suggestions re colleges. The vocational places I've seen all had much higher hire rates than the universities. Also financially less onerous.

Hmmm I see what your saying..

More like the idea of "work" does it have to be something you truly hate, something that makes you feel trapped, in a prison, that your going nowhere, that your nobody etc etc

I didnt point to saying I will not produce value, I just dont agree with doing something I dont enjoy.

If I enjoy something, I focus on it like crazy, it gets really good then it produces value

probably really REALLY bad advice health wise, but i sell plasma for cash lol

Also where are links to these paintings? do want see

Have you tried selling your paintings? Personally I thought they were good.

Become the next big thing in Trance Painting!

Thanks mate I appreciate it

This is where Im going, things I enjoy, developing them,

I dont think working "hard" neccessarily means "producing value". In one day I have learned things that took no effort at all that are worth months of work, People have these silly ideas...MUST WORK HARD, MUST STRUGGLE, MUST HATE MY LIFE...to be a good person, deserve etc etc. Time spent doing something, how much you hate something has no real correlation to whether you deserve things you want, its just people think they do. People might have the smallest idea that eventually makes them "profit"

I shy away from telling people ideas too much, being creative people often shit on new ideas which prevents one even trying it in the first place...but thanks mate

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 1

probably really REALLY bad advice health wise, but i sell plasma for cash lol

Also where are links to these paintings? do want see

Some are in my journal, some are in the thread bum creations, personally i am viewing them from the perspective of "much room to grow" but still cool, maybe thats a little irrational but hey.

• Like 1

I just want to say thank you for all the posts.

I may be tooting my own horn but my mind is extremely creative, and thus I view this question from a mind of someone who is creative therefore this is how Im thinking, I do not think karma and belief system/honour has anything to do with each other, seriously change your beliefs change your reality. I have seen this happen in me hundreds of times, while I do respect your giving your best advice, this is actually your own negative ideas your giving to other people. And maybe this thread can be helpful to people who are stuck in their own prison they created for themselves.

I have some ideas Im going to work with...

So then lets see you make it happen! Enough theory...

Let us know how it goes! I really do wish you luck in finding something enjoyable, and not a pain to do.

• Like 2

Hmmm I see what your saying..

More like the idea of "work" does it have to be something you truly hate, something that makes you feel trapped, in a prison, that your going nowhere, that your nobody etc etc

I didnt point to saying I will not produce value, I just dont agree with doing something I dont enjoy.

If I enjoy something, I focus on it like crazy, it gets really good then it produces value

It's not exactly what I was getting at, although I'm sure different people might share "similar" defintions of 'work'. I looked (and still have to look) at what 'work' means to me, given I want(ed) to avoid it so much. Turns out it meant some of the stuff I already mentioned plus worse:-) so of course I'd want to avoid that. Sure you could take a cookie cutter approach to it, you could reverse it and say 'I'd rather get paid for the opposite of work' (which logic immediately suggests must be a 'good thing'). Then assume the opposite of 'work' is burning passion (or something equally nice-sounding).

Hey, you could even start a blog/book/forum (;-)) about the search for balanced financial/spiritual work. I figure usually people get to those ideas after burning themselves out or having figured their ideas didn't fit with the pyramid structure they were offered. So it's nice to hear someone thinking of it before they set out!

I'd buy a portrait of my chakras (I'm not really kidding that much:-)) Check out Alex Grey too:-)

• Like 1

Actually I have been skimming some of these posts due to not being calm, I will personally respond to every one/private message, so yeh just later..peace

merchant marines get to travel, get paid for it, too. You could head out to alaska and work one of the fishing ships that haul from the bering sea, good place to put that breathing technique to the test, and its just a couple months of hazardous labour followed by a year full of doing whatever you want. The really smart way is to work at something that pays well enough, live simply, save, and invest in a business that will allow you to enjoy your time, cultivate, ect. Ice cream parlor, candy store, bookshop, whatever. Running a business can be hard work, too ... but if it's something that you really enjoy, it isn't really work, either.

While you are doing all of that, think about this: If the universe itself were attempting to guide and shape you into a certain person, what would you possibly have to want for if you were to become that person? Finding that point can be a challenge, but the closer you get to it, the less effort it will require to accomplish your dreams.

This is a good point, I do believe this happens..I am seeing this quite clearly..cheers

The key is learning to reckocgnise what is the best thing to do in given situation , doing it without delay as well as learning to love doing it by acknowledging the vital importance in a short and long term.

So make a choice and go for it , keeping in mind that everything requires a compromise of some sort. Choose your compromise according to your taste , but understanding that there you give some - you get some.

You can do whatever fancy , you can travel for free , sure , but you will have to compromise not always having food or shelter or having to work for exchange. You see you get some- you loose some. Or get carrer sorted, you get some - loose some.

There is no best way , you can do as you wish , but be aware of what is in there for you , go into it conciously. As well as learning the art of taking risks -- it is a beutiful game.

You could go and walk to Greece or cycle off somwhere, take your tent and skip for food or work for food and lodging on farms. Join a commune as others suggested.

However it is not as romantic as it sounds and not for everyone.

Thanks the lerner, suninmyeyes,Grandmaster P, folofil (I hope im spelling it right)

I have done this travelling around trusting the universe thing before last year, 5 months in india on a budget with an aim to do elsewhere, it was very adventurous but ultimately my goal is to have more security and not worry about my life everyday lol. But yeh thanks also Grandmaster P the teach english thing cannot happen due to certain reasons eg not having a full degree only did one year also did some voluntary teaching and ultimately it was very stressful for me.

• Like 1

It's not exactly what I was getting at, although I'm sure different people might share "similar" defintions of 'work'. I looked (and still have to look) at what 'work' means to me, given I want(ed) to avoid it so much. Turns out it meant some of the stuff I already mentioned plus worse:-) so of course I'd want to avoid that. Sure you could take a cookie cutter approach to it, you could reverse it and say 'I'd rather get paid for the opposite of work' (which logic immediately suggests must be a 'good thing'). Then assume the opposite of 'work' is burning passion (or something equally nice-sounding).

Hey, you could even start a blog/book/forum (;-)) about the search for balanced financial/spiritual work. I figure usually people get to those ideas after burning themselves out or having figured their ideas didn't fit with the pyramid structure they were offered. So it's nice to hear someone thinking of it before they set out!

I'd buy a portrait of my chakras (I'm not really kidding that much:-)) Check out Alex Grey too:-)

I see what you were actually saying now

Yeh Im writing books now just for fun, and that forum idea is hilarious but also kind of true hahah.

That is nice K, I would like to be able to see paint your chakras although I dont think I can "see" chakras. I can intuitively paint auras or healing through spontaneously painting colours for a persons essence. I am interested in this kind of magical painting that is both spontaneous but is specifically healing for a person which maybe combines sacred geometry, colours, symbolism, animals etc.

Symbolism comes to me intuitively sometimes in a vision, sacred geometry and the right mix of colours all painted in a trance. I am not sure but I kind of think this is like some kind of magic Im doing lol. I am painting one now. It will be very good Im sure. I am open to painting whatever you really want, however I thought Id share what I can actually paint and what I cant really see or at least dont think I can.

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 1

"Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows" :D

• Like 2

Hello Ish I hope your plans work out well for you

T.S thanks for sharing mate :) and yeh Ill come to australia one day haha

Cheers folofil I will come to america some day :)

• Like 2

I see what you were actually saying now

Yeh Im writing books now just for fun, and that forum idea is hilarious but also kind of true hahah.

That is nice K, I would like to be able to see paint your chakras although I dont think I can "see" chakras. I can intuitively paint auras or healing through spontaneously painting colours for a persons essence. I am interested in this kind of magical painting that is both spontaneous but is specifically healing for a person which maybe combines sacred geometry, colours, symbolism, animals etc.

Symbolism comes to me intuitively sometimes in a vision, sacred geometry and the right mix of colours all painted in a trance. I am not sure but I kind of think this is like some kind of magic Im doing lol. I am painting one now. It will be very good Im sure. I am open to painting whatever you really want, however I thought Id share what I can actually paint and what I cant really see or at least dont think I can.

"I dont think I can "see" chakras"

I was thinking about this too. I can't 'see' them as in seeing colours as such but I sort of 'feel' a person's energy - more or less how it's distributed. I think the visual 'seeing' stuff takes training.

I thought I'd mention 'Mandalas' and 'Native American' sandpaintings, which reminded me of the 'spell' part of the idea of painting people's energies as they are when they walk in the door and then doing another one with the (desired) outcome of the work on them. But then I wonder about having a fixed image of them in either 'state' and whether that would be, well, not sure really. There's probably a point to using sand:-)

• Like 2

Yeh in Tibetan Mandala paintings they use sand so after they paint they destroy it to show the idea of impermanence lol.

• Like 1

and that is interesting what you have been saying, did you ever watch that TV series Kung Fu with David Carradine? The native americans thought that taking photos was evil? I will practice reading energy of others more though, I can faintly see my aura sometimes..

Ill have a read of that later off to bed though now night ha

merchant marines get to travel, get paid for it, too. You could head out to alaska and work one of the fishing ships that haul from the bering sea, good place to put that breathing technique to the test, and its just a couple months of hazardous labour followed by a year full of doing whatever you want. The really smart way is to work at something that pays well enough, live simply, save, and invest in a business that will allow you to enjoy your time, cultivate, ect. Ice cream parlor, candy store, bookshop, whatever. Running a business can be hard work, too ... but if it's something that you really enjoy, it isn't really work, either.

While you are doing all of that, think about this: If the universe itself were attempting to guide and shape you into a certain person, what would you possibly have to want for if you were to become that person? Finding that point can be a challenge, but the closer you get to it, the less effort it will require to accomplish your dreams.

Ok, don't go getting yourself shot or frozen on a fish.

Just get a job, give one, anyone a try.

Try more than one.

I like ur idea Shen, almost.

Sin, I found fast food, security, cleaning then, truck driving, its not for most. Truck drivers are the forgotten servant, non-hero, thank less slave. Ever think you four wheels are rude to each other, you all have a death wish around semi. This will teach anyone Christ like patience. Drivers touch more lives than any other personal, I can thank of. Without them you starve. They are not thanked, they are looked down at. They learn every day, everyone is new to us and an old friend. Driver has a driver's back when they don't know him and no one else will, we most likely to be robbed and killed. They know every day could be their last or their career could end or their freedom end, in a flash. Your life and other driver's our in their hands, great responsibility. They're very self reliant, we are alone out here.

Another job like this yet more challenging, oil rig and oceanic tanker or shipping. These are also great learning jobs.

Second thought, if someone does not want this kinda of job, we don't want you in.

Have nice day.

• Like 2