Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

loss of emotion? WTF

NE way our chum doesn't have those symptoms, thankfully.

If it's any reassurance what's been described sounds perfectly 'normal' insofar as most adults might report the same or very similar at one time or another in their lives.

• Like 1

Thx for the kind comment. No I'm not really ill right now, though things were way before before this damn kundalini syndrome crap started. I'm not sick but I'm not well, if that makes sense :blink:

Aaron, thx for your concerns. I have read about the common psychiatric disorders carefully and I don't have any of them. However....

I don't have this, but out of curiosity I ask you, what does that imply? What disorder is this associated with?

Hi Michael,

Good to hear. To answer your question, several, but the most common are the schizophrenic disorders, among them schizotypal personality disorder. Autistic people don't view people as objects or robots, but rather have problems connecting on an empathic level, in the sense that they have trouble identifying and conveying emotion. Sociopaths view people as objects, but in the sense of something to control and exert power over. They would have absolutely no desire to control a robot, unless controlling the robot helped them to control people.

Anyways, I had a similar experience upon experiencing emptiness, I described it elsewhere as being similar to seeing people as ghosts, haunting their own existence. I described it better then. The fact is, when we have significant spiritual experiences our world view changes, but more often than not, after time passes we become grounded again and realize that the experience wasn't the definition, but the expression of something deeper within us. I hope things work out for you, but seriously, if your condition worsens or begins to effect your daily life, consider seeing a counselor or therapist, or perhaps even a monk at a monastery. It's important to talk about these things, rather than keep them bottled up inside.

Aaron

Spiritual experiences can become worldviews. Doesn't mean IMO/IME these are the only game in town. I fear a monk would explain the experience through the monk's view, a psych through his, a philosopher through hers. My point is that while it's tempting to search for a grounding context in the wake of shattering or strange experience, it's worth your discernment towards those you may examine and try on for size.

----opinion from experience alert---

Spiritual experiences can become worldviews. Doesn't mean IMO/IME these are the only game in town. I fear a monk would explain the experience through the monk's view, a psych through his, a philosopher through hers. My point is that while it's tempting to search for a grounding context in the wake of shattering or strange experience, it's worth your discernment towards those you may examine and try on for size.

----opinion from experience alert---

My comments referred to what normally happens when people have these experiences. It doesn't mean your world view doesn't drastically differ, only that the separateness or emotional distress will more often than not fade and you will return to a more "grounded" plane. The Zen monks have a saying, before enlightenment you chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment you chop wood and carry water.

Aaron

Yes, it's an interesting expression.

I just thought up "Before enlightenment, participate in an oppressive feudal system, after enlightenment participate in an oppressive feudal system"

Makes sense.

One of the criticisms of the 'passive' paths is that those societies don't progress so far or as fast as societies with a more dynamic worldview. Tibet is a good example, those guys were positively medieval before the Chinese went in.

As an individual cultivation stasis is OK but it doesn't necessarily help the trains to run on time.

The wise old owl sat in an oak..

The more she heard the less she spoke

The less she spoke, the more she heard.

She was indeed a wise old bird.

Sign in to follow this