Jox

Tonal & Nagual

Wrong quote. The correct one says "PARTIAL religions are desperate, clever, human inventions that rely on hypnotic manipulation of undeveloped minds."

After all, taoism is a religion and Buddhaism is a religion now matter how you lable it.

Sorry about off the topic.

Sorry, back at ya,...

Lao-zu said, "Do not go about worshipping deities and religious institutions as the source of the subtle truth. (Hua Hu Ching 17) ....religions are desperate, clever, human inventions that rely on hypnotic manipulation of undeveloped minds. Hua Hu Ching 78)"

I have both Daoist and Buddhist acquaintences. Daoist friends raised in China say Daoism is not a religion, but a philosophy.

"Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth." Lao-zu 48

HH Dalai Lama said, "If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change"

Buddhism is not about beliefs, but how to let go of beliefs.

Neither authentic Buddhism or Daoism is a religion.

I didn't know that Lao Tze ever talked about religions in the TTC.

Lao-zu said, "...the world's religions serve only to strengthen attachments to false concepts such as self and other, life and death, heaven and earth, and so on. Those who become entangled in these false ideas are prevented from perceiving the Integral Oneness."

Lao-zu said, "...the world's religions serve only to strengthen attachments to false concepts such as self and other, life and death, heaven and earth, and so on. Those who become entangled in these false ideas are prevented from perceiving the Integral Oneness."

Hi Vmarco. :)

Why do you keep cutting and pruning the quote to suit your needs?

Did you cut out the "Most of" because you are afraid to admit that Lao Tzu did acknowledge that some religions are in fact authentic? Or is that you don't want to discuss the other point of view?

I personally do not wish to discuss it.

You do realize that the Don Juan/Carlos Casteneda books are fiction, don't you? Although the essence of the practices such as 'gazing', losing self importance, looking for one's hands in dreams, becoming a warrior, finding a power spot etc have been culled from various sources and are powerful practices in their own right, there is much lost in the assembling of the story book. For one, practices are better understood within the culture and context from which they originated, wouldn't you agree? And that's just a polite way of implying that Carlos Casteneda was a liar.

Oh, and someone who is impeccable doesn't have spelling mistakes or bad grammar, do they?

:)

TI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDrKI8nIMDc

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 1

I didn't know that Lao Tze ever talked about religions in the TTC.

I believe you confuse 道家 and 道教 as well as 功夫 and 内功 and 气功 and 太极拳 .... with 马克思主义 and 辩证唯物主义。

The topic isn't either of them, and neither buddhism.

People such as Seth, that make extremely valuable contributions to the topic in the spirit of the tradition of the naguals, are chastized, and people that ramble and troll are allowed and encouraged to.

I find it very sad and dissapointing, I'm almost angry.

You do realize that the Don Juan/Carlos Casteneda books are fiction, don't you? Although the essence of the practices such as 'gazing', losing self importance, looking for one's hands in dreams, becoming a warrior, finding a power spot etc have been culled from various sources and are powerful practices in their own right, there is much lost in the assembling of the story book. For one, practices are better understood within the culture and context from which they originated, wouldn't you agree? And that's just a polite way of implying that Carlos Casteneda was a liar.

I don't like to be the first person to point out this elephant in the room. But there it is, I think TI nailed it.

• Like 1

one who speaks does not know

one who knows does not speak

and your speaking because....

one may not speak because one does not know, one may speak because one does not know, and some speak because they wanna know. and some get in the way of knowing because they refuse to understand, i see what i see and thats all that i see!

Edited by MERCELESS ONE
  • Like 1