Audiohealing

Fullerene (C60). Could this be the elixir of immortality?

Just as a preface, I'm fairly well versed in human health, nutrition, supplements, life extending drugs, etc., and I'm not just posting a random article I found.

Look at that molecular structure... seem familar? http://c60antiaging.com/c60-antiaging/how-does-c60-extend-life/

I know some people that are trying it out and reporting some pretty amazing results. There must be some catch, somewhere. It sounds way too good to be true.

I urge you to do your own research and not take my own link at face value if you're interested.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

wow, so they only took it for 24 days and they died at the highest age they possibly could? i might try this stuff, especially if its only a 1 time purchase to reap the benefit :P

• Like 1

I know some people that are trying it out and reporting some pretty amazing results.

Like what?

• Like 1

P70cz.jpg

2yIIW.jpg

Don't forget people have turned themselves blue from drinking colloidal silver, and killed themselves drinking radium water.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 4

C60 is toxic and I have read if diluted in olive oil it is not. There is one company selling this product. Do your research!

• Like 2

P70cz.jpg

Don't forget people have turned themselves blue from drinking colloidal silver, and killed themselves drinking radium water.

I also read that papa smurf there didnt really know exactly what he was doing and the potion he was consuming wasnt really even a silver colloid.

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+7714

Contraindications of apoptosis (cell death), also maybe breathing difficulties.

Treat with great caution, seek qualified medical advice before use.

Some, not all; pharmaceutical research is funded by those seeking a licence for their product.

Edited by GrandmasterP

That is correct. He was not making it correctly and it was not forming into a proper colloid. This resulted in him developing significant silver deposits in his body. Though he looks quite unusual, he has probably not done much that will actually harm him, since the body simply does not process silver.

People have gotten Argyria (the blue skin effect from silver accumulation in skin) from pharmaceuticals as well.

http://www.rosemaryjacobs.com/

And it's not just limited to silver, all these trace elements, if you take huge doses even in colloidal form will begin to accumulate in your system.

Selinium can cause skin discoloration just like silver.

and virtually every trace element in large doses causes some form of disease.

• Like 1

It is true that in huge doses many things will accumulate in your system, some of them in harmful ways. Of course, in huge doses Acetaminophen will lead to liver failure, but you don't see anyone rushing to have the FDA ban Tylenol. When silver is prepared as a proper colloid it is safe for human consumption in reasonable volumes. If this was not the case the FDA would clamp down on it faster than you can say colloid. They are generally not friendly to "alternative medicine".

I saw an interview with the blue gentleman you referenced, and he openly admits that he did not always know what he was doing and did not always prepare proper colloids of the silver. He also willfully continued to take his homebrew solutions long after turning blue. He seems to enjoy the celebrity status. :)

Rosemary Jacobs, followed her doctors advice and developed the problem from her prescription. She didn't make the drug, and she didn't abuse it.

7NWca.jpg

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16709433

Toxicity of an engineered nanoparticle (fullerene, C60) in two aquatic species, Daphnia and fathead minnow.

Source

Environmental Toxicology Research Program, National Center for Natural Products Research, Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, 347 Faser, University, MS 38677-1848, USA.

Abstract

Water-soluble fullerene (nC60) has been shown to induce lipid peroxidation (LPO) in brain of juvenile largemouth bass (LMB, Micropterus salmoides) [Oberdörster, E., 2004. Manufactured nanomaterials (fullerenes, c60) induce oxidative stress in brain of juvenile largemouth bass. Environ. Health Persp. 112, 1058-1062]; and upregulate genes related to the inflammatory response and metabolism, most notably CYP2K4 [. Nanotoxicology: an emerging discipline evolving from 116 studies of ultrafine particles. Environ. Health Persp. 113, 823-839]. The initial study in LMB was performed using tetrahydrofuran (THF)-solubilized nC60, although C60 can also be solubilized by stirring in water. The current study investigates differences in acute toxicity to Daphnia magna between THF-solubilized and water-stirred-nC60 as a range-find for further assays in adult male fathead minnow (FHM, Pimephales promelas). The daphnia 48-h LC50 for THF-nC60 was at least one order of magnitude less (0.8 ppm) than that for water-stirred-nC60 (> 35 ppm). FHM were dosed with either 0.5 ppm of THF- or water-stirred-nC60 for 48 h. There was 100% mortality in the THF-nC60-exposed fish between 6 and 18 h, while the water-stirred-nC60-exposed fish showed no obvious physical effects after 48 h. Water-stirred-nC60 elevated LPO in brain, significantly increased LPO in gill, and significantly increased expression of CYP2 family isozymes in liver as compared to control fish.

Yes, this study is on water soluble C60, which behaves in an entirely different way than than the C60 that is referenced in the NIH study. What does this have to do with the OP? :huh:

http://en.wikipedia....insterfullerene

It's either C60 or it isn't.

If you paid more for the dehydrated, powdered, fat soluble form of dihydrogen monoxide you should probably go get your money back.

Buckminsterfullerene-perspective-3D-balls.png

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

http://www.fda.gov/d...g/UCM290733.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyrol

The FDA docket search has no results for the number listed at the top of that link, so it is not possible for me to see the results of how her claim was evaluated.

http://www.accessdat...ohrms/index.cfm

You can search here for dockets by number. The website says her claim number is 98N-0182, but the FDA does not seem to have any record of it, even in their archives.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

That statement shows a gross misunderstanding of chemistry. The molecules are stabilized when suspended in oil rather than in water. The evidence is clearly presented in the NIH article I posted. The state in very plain English that there was no evidence of toxicity in the form it was administered.

If you want to dispute the results of the actual study that was referenced in the OP, please show a reference to a reliable source indicating C60 toxicity when administered in a way consistent with the study.

I am glad my blood stream contains mostly oil and not water.

I have some the dehydrated, powdered, fat soluble dihydrogen monoxide if you'd like to buy some.

Be back later I am late for radium and asbestos sauna.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I provided you with a study of c60 toxicity.

Silver products are safe in the sense no one is going to die from them, but can result in permanently changing your skin color. If becoming a smurf isn't a concern drink up! :D

Prostaglandin analog eyedrops for glaucoma treatment change blue and green eyes to brown eyes and induce the growth of eyelashes, this side effect is permanent, but considered acceptable.

So what you are saying is that you have no such evidence then? I figured that would be the case, since I have been following these studies with some interest and never heard of toxicity with this form of administration. This was especially intriguing to me because I had seen information about toxicity with the water soluble form. You can make jokes about it all day long, but if you believe what you are writing relates to the information that has been presented then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the material being studied or the methods being used. Go back and look at the NIH study again, it's findings are frankly incredible.

With regard to the MSP claim, this was the finding of the FDA per the pdf you linked me to:

From a safety perspective, the panel concluded that

there were not toxicity concerns as an OTC product, provided

that everybody was warned of the potential deposition of silver.

The efficacy to the best that they were able to determine

was not supported in any way and they looked and were unable

to find any data to support the efficacy. So, the overall

conclusion was that it might be useful but it requires clinical

studies to show that it was useful.

To translate, they found it safe, but could not vouch for it's level of effectiveness. In any medical treatment in western, chinese, or other alternative medicines there are always instances of people that have bad reactions to things. It is not an indicator of the substance being generally unsafe, but this is a discussion about substances that either chemically or energetically effect the body, and everyone's body is a little different. To generalize about an entire form of treatment because of one or two problems out of tens of thousands of users shows a general misunderstanding of science and statistics. A couple of people with problems from colloidal silver out of tens of thousands would be what is known as not statistically significant, which I am sure is the reason the FDA ruled the way they did.

i took a small amount of colloidal silver given to me by a friend who has taken it for a really long time and after a week it made my teeth hurt really bad. i think it was killing beneficial bacteria in my mouth :/

You provided a completely unrelated C60 study of water soluble C60. Ignoring the difference between the water soluble version and the version suspended in oil, despite the clearly different clinical results obtained through its use makes it meaningless to continue discussing with you.

I am glad you agree that colloidal silver is not dangerous.

[sarcasm]

Obviously sodium chloride NaCl is completely different when it is suspended in an oil based solution, as it changes it's chemical structure.

[/sarcasm]

Not dangerous doesn't mean without risk, being a smurf for the rest of your life won't kill you I guess, but it will sure make things awkward.

Lots of people used to use zinc nasal sprays till some people developed permanent loss of smell.

When it comes to drugs, herbs, such in my opinion if we haven't been eating it for thousands of years and know it's generally considered safe I don't really want to put it in my body.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

That's a fair personal decision to make, although based on statistical evidence it's unlikely that you would ever end up looking like a smurf as a result of responsible use of colloidal silver. I look at this in the same way that I see it as unlikely that I will be killed in a car accident when I go out driving, even though over 32,000 people died that way in the US last year alone. Probability is really important here for intelligent decision making.

Your view of avoiding untested substances is one of the reasons that I avoid so many synthetic drugs, so I understand where you are coming from. It is only reasonable to keep in mind when you are talking about things that have been consumed by people for thousands of years they can have very different reactions to what is being eaten though. An anomaly, while interesting, is not necessarily cause for concern.

If colloidal silver is used topically, and rarely internally then I doubt you'd turn blue either.

If you start drinking it daily, in large amounts, for long periods of time you are absolutely guaranteed to develop argyria.

Hopefully in the future more studies are done in primates with long term exposure to C60 in huge doses to see what happens.

Maybe this is a miracle drug.

I don't know, I am optimistic but not willing to test it out myself.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Yes, this is correct for a aqueous solution, which as I mentioned to MPG is not at all the same as what was administered in the experiment the OP mentions. As such, it is not particularly relevant to the OP. Take a look at the actual study, I left a link behind earlier in the conversation.

I will read that when I have a chance. Am out of town travelling.

Thanks