hydrogen

Is Jesus it that cannot be named in Tao?

So long it has a name, it's not "THE TAO".

It doesn't really matter if anybody can understand it or not, it's got a name. Then it belongs to this world. It ceases to be "TAO".

Thats just nonsense and misunderstanding! The Dao means many things; as I sit here and type I am following the way of typing, it has a name, it has a manifest for Dao has come into being for I am alive you are alive and the rest of the world is alive. Though I might not know its origin I know it exist, because it is the creator of all things and therefore I call it Dao "for lack of a better word". Dao is part of everyday life, we breath and move in it, it is with us all the time, it nourishes our bodies and lays us to rest when it is our time. We are living breathing embodiments of the Dao! We can be named!

• Like 2

We all feel for those Sodomites.

Agreed. They had a very rough deal at the time and an enduring bad press later.

I am really not at all keen on the sort of God who flatly refuses to celebrate diversity.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Thats just nonsense and misunderstanding! The Dao means many things; as I sit here and type I am following the way of typing, it has a name, it has a manifest for Dao has come into being for I am alive you are alive and the rest of the world is alive. Though I might not know its origin I know it exist, because it is the creator of all things and therefore I call it Dao "for lack of a better word". Dao is part of everyday life, we breath and move in it, it is with us all the time, it nourishes our bodies and lays us to rest when it is our time. We are living breathing embodiments of the Dao! We can be named!

Good call Sifu FH.

I'm pretty sure the translation in the OP was referring to the latin name "Living God" but considering that Jews also didn't name God directly as Mr. God or whatever, nor do they write G-d's name, so the translation made the interpretation as "which can't be named."

Well guys, I've done a little research on the quotations.

It's not from a canonical gospel (as I thought it was from Mattew).

It comes from a text called "The essene gospel of Peace" or something similar published by Mr. Zekely between 1923 and 1924.

He claimed that the original manuscript was from an aramaic manuscript which he found in the Vatican's secret archives.

Yet, this text doesn't exist at all.

To make a long story short, this gospel is an historical fraud.

"There are three problems with Szekeley’s claims. The first and most significant point is that no one has actually seen any of these manuscripts except Szekeley. The second is that there are serious inconsistencies and other problems in Szekeley’s description of the manuscripts. The third is the content of the manuscripts themselves. Taken as a whole, we can say that not only is there no evidence that the manuscripts are genuine, but that most likely Szekeley’s claims are fraudulent." ["Strange New Gospels" by Keith Akers]

Matthew 16 verse 16 mine's from.

Nestle interlinear Koine Greek/English edition.

Canonical means approved by the Roman Catholic Church canon law, same outfit who ascribed the authors of the Gospels as no one actually has any idea who wrote what so the church divvied up the texts under various apostle's names to lend weight and cachet to the bits they'd chosen for inclusion.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Matthew 16 verse 16 mine's from.

Nestle interlinear Koine Greek/English edition.

In the historical Matthew, Mr. Peter replied to Jesus.

In this fraudulent text however, Mr. John is the most intelligent amongst disciples :P

Edited by DAO rain TAO

Canonical means approved by the Roman Catholic Church canon law, same outfit who ascribed the authors of the Gospels as no one actually has any idea who wrote what so the church divvied up the texts under various apostle's names to lend weight and cachet to the bits they'd chosen for inclusion.

Yes, this is true.

If the text is old enough, then it is valuable.

But the essene Gospel of Zekely was invented in the 1900's. There's nothing authentic in it. It's like a fiction... Yogi Ramacharaka's style.

It's all fiction, some of the Mr Jesus stories are older than others but all of it is re-imagined or simply made up.

No born again pastor worth his or her salt who hasn't had a direct revelation from the lord and written it up or popped it online at some time or other.

Cumulative fiction.... One story on top of another for 2,000 years.

Peter is a smarter name than John any day.

;-)

and that's why there's no John Rabbit.

I don't know about leaders, but there have been countless legions of mothers and fathers who have sacrificed their lives for their children knowing they're not divine or what heaven, hell or other await them.

That puts them a little ahead of the line then Jesus in my book.

Edited by thelerner

It's all fiction, some of the Mr Jesus stories are older than others but all of it is re-imagined or simply made up.

No born again pastor worth his or her salt who hasn't had a direct revelation from the lord and written it up or popped it online at some time or other.

Cumulative fiction.... One story on top of another for 2,000 years.

In my opinion, if it was all fiction... then the authors are quite crazy. :huh:

The story of a man who can hardly claims regal lineage (the gospel try to say that he comes from King David's, but it's a fictional genealogy).

His disciples were definitely not "spiritual people". No one of his disciples was recorded as a noble person in the gospels (for comparison, look at the Buddha's disciples).

He was betrayed by Judas, one of his closest friends... so close to him that he was the money-keeper of the group.

If Judas betrayed him for 30 silver coins... then the group was much poorer. That means that his teachings weren't much regarded by the public.

The only spiritual guy in the story who allegedly said something good about him is John the Baptist... a desert ascetic who considered Jesus as the son of God, but strangely he preferred to stay on his own instead of following him and his brigands band.

Then he died of an infamous death and a few womens saw him resurrect (womens in that patriarcal society... like saying "a few mad blind children saw a flying horse in the sky").

His enemies were not punished. Instead, they lived a happy long life.

Instead of showing himself to all the people who didn't believed in him, he preferred to keep paradise as a special gift to those who blindly believes in his followers.

Edited by DAO rain TAO

Greetings..

Tao, the 'Way'.. the 'way' things 'are', 'isness'.. specific 'ways' can be named, but.. there is a deeper more fundamental 'way'..

What? trying to relate religion and Tao"? well, there is the 'way' of religion, MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) comes to mind, but.. that's just the 'way' of my mind..

Be well..

Edited by TzuJanLi

Jesus asked his disciples, "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said to him, "You are the Ruler of Israel." Matthew said, "You are the Greatest of Prophets." John said, "You are that which cannot be named." Jesus said to John, "I tell you the truth when I say that no mortal has taught you this, but you have been instructed through the Light." Then Jesus took him apart and showed him the mysteries of Life, the power of unity through which mortals join the Eloheim.

I was floored when I read this line "You are that which cannot be named."

If that were true, then Jesus had have come from outside of this universe/system. He'd been really different from everyone else on earth.

According to Tao De Jing, Heaven and earth originated from that which cannot be named. What does it mean?

My understanding is that anything which has a name is pre-existed, has been manifestated, and is subject to the laws/rules of this universe. That which cannot be named could become anyting and doesn't follow the laws of this universe/system.

Is Jesus unique? Do we all have that which cannot be named from which we can created a brand new world?

I don't suppose I can find the answer soon.

My dear friend, every spirit is unique not just Jesus Christ. This shows how infinite God Almighty is. There is a concept of Fitra in Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitra) Everybody has unique fitra actually, although there are similarities between spirits.

MLM is a good analogy.

Once saw a prospectus for Servicemaster MollyMaid domestic cleaning franchise and Item 1 of their company vision statement was....

"To serve God.

Item 2...

"Honor God in all we do"

They are the biggest franchising company in the world. RotaRooter is one of theirs too.

Edited by GrandmasterP