spiraltao

help with understanding pre and post heaven unifiying with man

It's not words. When you are of the mind to cease your imaginative reasoning, you may eventually discover that intuition is such by virtue of transcending reason.

So sit there and know yourself until you cease on your own independently and don't thank me in advance of your special brand of intuitive reasoning. Knowledge is immediate. It doesn't employ anything— nor do you.

The knowledge that creation is not real proper to enlightening being entering the tao in reality is inconceivable.

A shenren would do well to crown your embarrassment with nothing whatsoever since it is precisely that which is transfered to you without words.

BTW, I own the words because no mind has the advantage of impersonal awareness. And who are you to assume you have the presence be taught anyway?

There is nothing for you to do other than shed your own self-reflective habitual mental habits, forget your identity and enjoy the view.

Shenren, indeed.

Or did you imagine enlightenment consists of understanding to be conferred, hmmmmmm?

NOTHING IS GAINED BY THOROUGHGOING ENLIGHTENMENT.

• Like 1

The pre and post heaven of classical Taoism: Afterlife and the NonBeing Self.

The thing which has kept Daoism as a pure metaphysical expression of the Chinese spirit, is looking reflectively backward at its old texts and constant usage of ancients' terms. The modern pragmatist usage of this tradition has nothing in common with real Daoism but some dangerous forms which always have the potentiality of harming to its practitioners.

上言者下用也,下言者上用也;上言者常用也,下言者權用也。

"The greater words are less applicable; the lesser words are highly applicable. But the application of greater words is eternal, while that of the lesser words is temporary."

- Wenzi (文子), Chapter V, 道德.

You guys need to read Chinese Medical Qigong Theory by Jerry A. Johnson. All this stuff is explained in there in over 1000 pages and in enough detail to make your head explode.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 2

You guys need to read Chinese Medical Qigong Theory by Jerry A. Johnson. All this stuff is explained in there in over 1000 pages and in enough detail to make your head explode.

Read it, and the expanded volume. Not personally a fan of his work.

Best,

• Like 1

I have it.

i understand after I heard a very wise man put it like this, "Unification of preheaven postheaven is CONNECTING the two halves of the body.

Lower half is earth, hence pure yin. Upper half is heaven, hence pure yang. Unify them is the the unification of pre and post heaven and man.

I mos def have my bubbling wells OPEN, YAYAYAYAYAY! I have never felt such power in the legs starting at the feet. Thing is I have my laogungs connected, but I still think I need to feel more in my dan tian. BK F say that for every one chi in feet ten in hands, so is this it?

If every one understands my question, I would appreciate input.

May the TAO shine UPON US ALL!

Another perspective -

My teacher always preferred the English translation pre- and post- natal, rather than heaven.

He doesn't ever explain or discuss philosophically, just emphasizes practice.

My practice is all I can share, and it has brought me to explore a number of ideas, like:

What was I before I was born and after I die,

Where does I end, and other begin?

Non-locality and non-temporality of "me-ness" or the observer...

It can be an exploration of mortality and immortality.

But not through thought as much as direct experience.

My conclusion, it is nothing that I can explain or even understand, which means to equate with ideas or concepts. But it is what I already am and I can just be.

• Like 1