Aaron

Be done with knowledge

This 'compassion' of yours Aaron.

Is that manifested to all or only a favoured few such as me and others you do not see eye to eye with?

Choosing to read TTC as Xtians might read their Bible is a valid choice for any reader so disposed.

The TTC, like the Tao, that it partially and conditionally reflects; abides unchanged.

Expositon in relation to TTC is contradistinct to validity. As it's first line both warns and gently reminds us.

With deep respect, you do not have twenty years of TTC experience Aaron. You have one year, twenty times over; my friend.

Cultivate silently whilst smiling inwardly that more may yet become apparent.

• Like 1

Hello Lerner,

consider that to grasp what the Tao Te Ching Lao Tzu gives one may need to go beyond the words there...

the recipe to grasp Tao involves grasping Virtue by grasping humanity by grasping morality by grasping ceremony.

Now, ceremony in the true embodiment of Tao Virtue humanity morality faith loyalty

It is the beginning of all understanding and order.

The problem and the solution exists in humanity... thinking as a group or as an individual can create problems, solutions, opportunities... of themselves they are neither good nor bad... some say to wash away all that we've learned rather than learn to properly apply what we've learned... which sometimes means to realize that some possibilities remain forever as such possibilities...

Do you actually believe that "We just want to be fed when we are hungry"?

Without changing the way we think and behave towards others and ourselves... feeding us will do little to resolve the underling desires of just getting whatever we desire to have... besides within us all there is an urge to make things better... evidently there are other urges too best left bound...

In regards to my statement that you are ignorant and don't know what the hell you're talking about, I'll let your own words rest my case. You really do make it easy. I'm seeing now that a dialogue isn't needed to show how little you know and understand, I just need to let you talk and you do it yourself.

Aaron

This 'compassion' of yours Aaron.

Is that manifested to all or only a favoured few such as me and others you do not see eye to eye with?

Choosing to read TTC as Xtians might read their Bible is a valid choice for any reader so disposed.

The TTC, like the Tao, that it partially and conditionally reflects; abides unchanged.

Expositon in relation to TTC is contradistinct to validity. As it's first line both warns and gently reminds us.

With deep respect, you do not have twenty years of TTC experience Aaron. You have one year, twenty times over; my friend.

Cultivate silently whilst smiling inwardly that more may yet become apparent.

Hi GrandmasterP,

Compassion isn't something you should have to do, it should flow freely and does when we are young. As we grow older and are taught "life lessons" we tend to grow away from instinctual compassion and more towards logic, reasoning, and rationalization. My opinion is that before we can truly begin to experience compassion again, we need to get rid of all those blockages, allow compassion to come from us, not because of right or wrong, but an empathic connection we share with others. With that said, I do try to express as much compassion as I can, but in the same way, if I see something harmful being said to others, would I be compassionate if I simply remained quiet?

I understand that you're comments regarding reading the TTC like a Christian are meant to diminish my own views by comparing them to what many view as a negative practice, but it's not in actuality the truth, in fact I read the TTC with an open mind, but I don't discard what it teaches simply because it contradicts my own personal views of how the world should be. I'm not one that believes it advocates amorality or gives people just cause to do whatever they want, in fact the vast majority of the TTC has to do with Te, or virtue, in other words, it is giving us a road map of how we should conduct our lives. Since the vast majority of people that come to Taoism, were former Christians, they are often filled with mixed emotions regarding the ideas of sin and good and evil, and because of this they will consciously ignore those parts of the TTC that encourage us to be compassionate, kind, and caring, even to those we might not consider worthy of these traits. The difference though, is that the TTC does not guarantee salvation if one does these things, rather it says that we will begin to live a life that is in harmony with those around us.

My example again is the three jewels, if we can be compassionate, frugal, and never strive to be first in the world, then we can understand what Lao Tzu means when he says that the sage places himself last, and by doing so is placed first by the people. We can also understand why the man who is willing to sacrifice his life for the sake of the world, is the only man worthy of ruling it. It is because a man is willing to sacrifice himself, that others can identify the compassion he has towards them, the love per se, and in so doing reciprocate those feelings towards him, because in their hearts the people can trust this man because they know he cares about them.

Anyways, I could go on, but I'll leave it there. Each of us can have our own opinion, but that doesn't necessarily mean those opinions will benefit others, the question is whether we sit idly by while others foster hate and discord, or whether we stand up and do something about it.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

LOL... I enjoyed reading that... regardless of it being applicable or not to this or that individual... I really liked it... LOL!

Your lessons on compassion are clearly shown here. Please Mr Sage, continue to teach us through your example.

Aaron

I just wanted to pop in and say that I agree completely. What everyone seeks to emulate with technology is our own natural ability. What people seek in church or religion is innate to us without any of these things. If humans hadn't been introduced to all of these methods as children, their lives would be full of the wonder and magic that humanity is so lacking now. Life is simple, and in that simplicity, there is the answer. Too much time spent rationalizing their existence, marginalizing the mystery, and for what?

Give up knowledge? I suppose that means knowledge of the Tao Te Ching and the knowledge of reading and writing that let you type up that post....

Actually, I don't believe the suggestion is speaking to this at all.

My understanding is that we are to learn about all aspect of the nature of the universe including the nature of all things and especially the nature of the human animal.

I believe that Lao Tzu would Tell us to learn as much as we can in order to be able to live a good life.

I also believe that what he was referring to was the knowledge that those who wish to control us are forcing into our mind is what we should be done with. We don't need all the ritualistic and ceremonial nonsense that others teach us in order to live a good life. It really doen't matter what color clothes we wear or how long our shirt sleeves are.

I think he would also tell us to leave things alone that are not useful to us in living our life. We don't need to accumulate much gold and jade - those should be left in the mountains and the rivers.

And Chuang Tzu even told us to stop all the arguing about this and that philosophy and seek the true light. And I understand that as seeking the truth of the nature of Tao and all things within.

I must be doing something right... Have you noticed how few people choose to continue to argue with me :-)! Seeking the truth inevitably leads to the end of arguing... as some embrace the truth and some reject it... those who know know and those who do not know give up the quest to know...

Hehehe. Or maybe they just got tired of listening to you.

• Like 2

BE AWARE ...

:D

I think I am aware-ing.

Still there's a big maybe surrounding that.

Way to go Et, ;)

Mindfully pissing me off is really good way to reveal me to my nature.

Not everything you said is right or wrong but they just happen uproot what's wrong with me.

Once what's wrong is gone; that particular ignorance disappeared.

Once ignorance disappeared, Knowledge disappeared.

Therefore we can then be done with knowledge at that particular moment.

Sounds simple doesn't it? ^_^

Edited by XieJia

according to you Why does knowledge disappear when ignorance disappears?

as far as I know when ignorance disappears knowledge appears and stays

Once what's wrong is gone--- we are left with what's right...

once we know something --- we have the knowledge of something (unless we forget it, or change it)

oh and lets keep in mind the possibilities and which ought to remain as such forevermore...

wish you all a nice thursday.

Hello et;

"Once what's wrong is gone--- we are left with what's right..."

once what's right is there; what is there to be saying that's right

is it not the what's wrong a moment ago?

what's right at that moment, could be what's wrong in this moment.

so what's right in this moment is the seeing of what's wrong in this moment.

what's right at that moment? leave that to that moment, and look at this moment.

like you said, there are possibilities that remins as such even forevermore.

atleast that it's what i been led to understand.

Edited by XieJia

I want to be compassionate to you, but I see you as the person standing on the soapbox in front of the class telling all the other kids they need to playing with Yu-gi-Oh cards, instead of Pokemon. I'm telling the kids...

And what are you doing also?

• Like 2

'idiot_stimpy'

Thanks for making the point you did... some do not know what they do, nor want to know what they do... nor listen to anyone who challenges them... they just want to play their fantasy games...

NOW some do believe to know what they do, and want to know what they do... and listen to anyone who challenges them... they just want each and everyone to play nice...

What the hell are you even saying? I think a lot of the problem is that English is obviously not your native language. Have you thought that perhaps you're misunderstanding what other people are saying? Also, you're really pumping along with comments. I'd wager you have the most comments per day of any member this year. Keep up the good work and keep talking, every word you say helps to prove how little you know.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

And what are you doing also?

I'm not posting twenty times a day telling people that I have the truth and that they are hopelessly lost. I am making an argument and allowing others to come to their own conclusions. You'll notice I don't hop around from thread to thread going "look at me! Look at me!" Nor do I say, I have the absolute truth! I say, this is how I view it, my opinion. I think everyone has the right to believe whatever they want, but that beliefs are the root of much of our problems, ET being my prime example of this. Take this into consideration, I would almost guarantee that he's posted twice as much in the last two months as the second leading poster on this board has.

If you think I'm doing something wrong, that's fine, I wont argue that point with you, but remember I don't believe in right and wrong, nor do I believe compassion is allowing a child to rampage through a china shop. Sometimes you have to take a firm grip and tell them they're misbehaving.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron