skydog

Men and desire for power

wow I should read that everyday ^ ha

A submissive man and a strong/dominant woman only creates disharmony. As above so belows. There is a reason why only ONE Lion or ONE Wolf is king of the pack. Because up above us, only ONE God is in charge of all other gods. There is no democracy up above us. Only the best and purest and highest being rule the Universe and the inferior ones get to shut their mouths up.

Edited by sinansencer

A submissive man and a strong/dominant woman only creates disharmony. As above so belows. There is a reason why only ONE Lion or ONE Wolf is king of the pack. Because up above us, only ONE God is in charge of all other gods. There is no democracy up above us. Only the best and purest and highest being rule the Universe and the inferior ones get to shut their mouths up.

This is starting to sound very familiar....

Oh really? The Mother of God would most definitely disagree with you. Have you been to the higher kalpas? Have you entered the void? Or is this just a fanciful projection on the unknown?

Oh really? The Mother of God would most definitely disagree with you. Have you been to the higher kalpas? Have you entered the void? Or is this just a fanciful projection on the unknown?

I only know A Father God. I do not know a Mother of God. There are many lesser female Gods around but the highest spiritual deity in the Universe is a Male. And no, this is not a fanciful projection, Ask your masters.

• Like 1

I only know A Father God. I do not know a Mother of God. There are many lesser female Gods around but the highest spiritual deity in the Universe is a Male. And no, this is not a fanciful projection, Ask your masters.

My teacher is the Tao of nature, and the masters refer to it lovingly as mother. Denigrating the feminine to a position second to the masculine is the age old folly which leads to the downfall of civilizations, because the highest possesses both principles in their entirety and is neither. Just because you are biased does not mean the Tao takes sides - it takes two to tango, and who can say that this harmonious dance lies on just one side of the spectrum when it is the resonance between opposites that creates perfection? No, I say you are projecting your own dualistic ideas about divinity on to a mystery that transcends polarity. I've been There, I've seen That, and it does not have a penis nor a long white beard. :)

My question is why bother appealing to 'higher powers' to justify what you would like to do with yours? I haven't worked out (yet) why authority requires just such an appeal to a 'higher' authority to do anything, unless, of course, whatever they want is fully bogus all the way down the line. I was wondering too if whatever premise relying on such 'higher' authority could be deemed bogus if no such 'higher' authority is to be found.

I'm still in the process of trying to find out what's not bogus. I'd find it more helpful that if we're going to discuss and compare such things as gender roles, we stick to human societies. Otherwise the premises are shot before we even begin.

the highest possesses both principles in their entirety and is neither

This seems like a very accurate answer.

My teacher is the Tao of nature, and the masters refer to it lovingly as mother. Denigrating the feminine to a position second to the masculine is the age old folly which leads to the downfall of civilizations, because the highest possesses both principles in their entirety and is neither. Just because you are biased does not mean the Tao takes sides - it takes two to tango, and who can say that this harmonious dance lies on just one side of the spectrum when it is the resonance between opposites that creates perfection? No, I say you are projecting your own dualistic ideas about divinity on to a mystery that transcends polarity. I've been There, I've seen That, and it does not have a penis nor a long white beard. :)

The Tao is both male and female, true but it was another higher being, the ultimate being, who created the Tao. In the end, the Tao is a Single Being both male and female or maybe you can say in the end, the Tao is an Asexual Being, Neither Male nor Female. The End of Polarity.

If as you say the Tao was created then you are describing the Tao hence you aren't actually doing so accurately as Tao transcends definition. Absolutely nothing wrong in seeking to attempt to explain Tao just as long as we realise that the minute we begin to do so, we are wrong.

That's kinda what separates Taoism from any other path. All the rest have pretty clear definitions of what's what such as creators or prime cause etc. Our starting point is that

Names can name no lasting name

or more poetically... The Tao that can be spoken is not the Tao...

That does save a lot of faffing about. Definitions are futile and Tao endures without a name. Yet nothing is left undone.