skydog

The emotion of apathy (whats the point, who cares, I give up, no matter how hard I try it never works, I cant be bothered" Taoism

You got that right M.

On the other hand the BS can be quite amusing sometimes. When we opened our Manchester centre some years ago it was picketed for a while by a born again Xtian group unhappy about what they thought we stood for. Two people from that picket line went on to become regular attenders at the centre and one of those is now a full member undergoing officiant training.

Yeah, life is that way some times. We establish prejudices based on ignorance and go on crusades in order to eliminate something that we actually believe in. In the end we find out that the crusaders want if for themselves but don't want others to have the same whatever. Human mentality is a hard thing to put a finger on.

If we could work it out we would be rich.

Not having been raised Xtian, even at this age I am still amazed at how they manage to juggle so many inconsistencies and remain the nice folk most of them are.

I'm lost at 'trinity'

LOL

Some oligarch was asked what he thought of business partnerships and replied....

'Two people getting together to run a business makes as much sense as three people getting together to conceive a baby'.

LOL

Some oligarch was asked what he thought of business partnerships and replied....

'Two people getting together to run a business makes as much sense as three people getting together to conceive a baby'.

Hehehe. And from what I have heard, the worse type of business partnership is a husband and wife.

... a benevolent dictatorship.

I have often imagined that if there were ever to be a world government this would be the best form.

Nostalgia aint what it used to be I know but, ups and downs aside; China under the emperors lasted for a heck of a long time.

Democracy is a nice idea but the problem is everybody gets to vote so you tend to end up with elected politicians who reflect the folk who put them into office.

I.e. Avaricious imbeciles.

China under the emperors lasted for a heck of a long time.

During my first study of the history of China I thought that the early T'ang dynasty would have been a wonderful time and place to live.

I.e. Avaricious imbeciles.

Hehehe. That's not saying much for the people who voted them in either.

Emperor is at the top and does sod all.

Everybody can have a go at civil service exams.

Only the very best pass the exam.

They then administer.

What's not to like?

The brightest run the country using minimum interventions.

OK women can't take the exams and slaves get a bit of a rough deal but I know loads of women stuck in jobs who would give their eye teeth to be able to be kept in luxurious indolence.

As far as slavery is concerned any poor sod working a dead end job for minimum wage is no better than a slave

I'm all for elites running the place.

Being bright doesnt mean one has the best interests of the community at heart.

Since smarts constitute a tool, not a motivation.

Even those in a dead end job have honest work

and minimum wage here can feed a mouth

if its not wasted.

The more elites running the place , the less likely that is.

Stosh

It mans without laws 'anarchy' but certainly not without 'standing orders'.

Too many rules and regulations with anarchy for my taste.

All the European anarchist groups split and split again because of disagreements over how things should be done.

They used to have a magazine here called Black Flag but the publishers couldn't agree on content eventually, so it folded.

Ran for a good few years though and was a good read when they deigned to post the copies out to subscribers.

Maybe I found the way because you thought I would :-)

Don't be blaming me on your manifestation. I had nothing to do with it. I was stationed in Germany at the time.

It mans without laws 'anarchy' but certainly not without 'standing orders'.

Too many rules and regulations with anarchy for my taste.

All the European anarchist groups split and split again because of disagreements over how things should be done.

They used to have a magazine here called Black Flag but the publishers couldn't agree on content eventually, so it folded.

Ran for a good few years though and was a good read when they deigned to post the copies out to subscribers.

Funny and sad at the same time.

that depends on the partners involved...

the other day we played dominos ... we played several games ... each with a different partner... the round had us play once partnered with each of the people there... at the end of it all someone curiously had lost all the games... and blame it on the partners. another one had won every game but one... do you believe that someone just had bad partners or just did not play right?

If you compete someone is going to lose. Bad karma for the one who lost all and good karma for the one who won all.

Oh!, never mind. I don't believe in karma either.

same here... disagreements tend to lead to separate ways rather than a joint agreement...

what does it take to reach agreements... and sustain them...

People polarize into groups that have interests common to their own. Once you have polarized groups you will have disagreements.

I don't expect Ted Turner to be visiting me any time soon.