dc9

I want bliss really badly. What is the quickest path to my goal?

A man once told a Buddha,

"I want happiness."

The Buddha replied,

First remove 'I', that's ego.

Then remove 'want', that's desire.

And now all you're left with

is Happiness.

I wonder ... ego desires happiness... because ego is happy and desires more of what ego holds ...

I wonder ... ego desires happiness... because ego is happy and desires more of what ego holds ...

I don't think the ego is happy. At least not for long. I think the ego is all about me me me, more more more.

I don't think the ego is happy. At least not for long. I think the ego is all about me me me, more more more.

I have other thoughts... BTW what you think sound like the egocentric, egomaniac, narcissist 'egoist' ... rather than the congruent, caring loving ego... there are all kinds of egos... some are content with what they have and with sharing it with others in mutually enriching ways... some are just like you described them... the question is what is one to cultivate and think oneself...

• Like 1

I have other thoughts... BTW what you think sound like the egocentric, egomaniac, narcissist 'egoist' ... rather than the congruent, caring loving ego... there are all kinds of egos... some are content with what they have and with sharing it with others in mutually enriching ways... some are just like you described them... the question is what is one to cultivate and think oneself...

good points. lately i find when i try to be egoless i'm as much of a dick as before, maybe more so because i'm not editing myself.

good points. lately i find when i try to be egoless i'm as much of a dick as before, maybe more so because i'm not editing myself.

The ego, the self, the thinking, the feeling, the body, the situation, the judgements, the words, the beliefs, the actions... can serve this or that cause... and while bound to being may be directed as how to be... I am weary of those who 'judge' that one shouldn't 'judge' rather than judging one better learn how to 'judge'... something similar can be said about not acting, or not ego, or not thinking.... one better learn to act, think etc... trust this will help many to realize a thing or two... regardless of how they choose to judge me... to justify in their mind what they do...