Maddie

Taoist Inner Smile Meditation :-)

One of the main practices I have been doing lately (after my horrible break up) is the Inner Smile Meditation. I think it has been helping me a lot on an emotional level. I was interested to hear about other people's experiences with this meditation.

the longest breaths I have achieved were when I was doing this, 6 healing sounds, in the year or so that I first studied dr yang's embryonic breathing :)

I toyed around with the Inner Smile a bit. A very enjoyable practice. Its a good trick to have in your tool kit. Don't know if you've done this already but when breaking up you should cut the energetic chord and stop thinking about your ex...otherwise it can get re-connected.

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

I toyed around with the Inner Smile a bit. A very enjoyable practice. Its a good trick to have in your tool kit. Don't know if you've done this already but when breaking up you should cut the energetic chord and stop thinking about your ex...otherwise it can get re-connected.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Interesting you mention that, as just yesterday I was talking to one of my Shamanic friends, who said something along the same lines. ;-)

I have been touting the benefits of the Inner Smile on this board for years. It has so many applications.

The biggest for me has been applying it to fears and anxiety. It is also great for guilt and any feelings of unworthiness or inferiority. As such it helps to assuage feelings of not being spiritually 'advanced' enough (whatever that means).

Great thread!

I've had some unusual experiences with the inner smile lately. Last week I used the inner smile to work on my Liver. The next day I was very tired, and had this weird cold sweat and felt cold and hot at the same time. Then yesterday at noon I used the inner smile for my Liver again and had the same reaction later that day and evening. I'm wondering if this is just a detox reaction?

I like Kap's 'Secret Smile' more then the organ based Healing Tao Inner Smile which is less organ/sound based and more a emotion/orbit technique. Both are good.

When I'm good I'll do it every time I'm in the bathroom. Santiago has a good explanation of it on a thread.

• Like 2

That nice chap who runs Grandmaster Mantak Chia's franchise in London wrote a jolly good piece on Inner Smile. Will try to post a link if I can find it.

It's a super positive way to begin a working day.