Guest RBSA

Tao is it . it is not Tao .

Valid quote, I think. I would like it even better if it read:

"Stupidity and selfishness are the roots of most evils."

Thank God I can't take issue with that, although I'm hard-pressed to think of any that are not caused by stupidity and/or selfishness! :D

Edited by gatito

That there appears to be unintelligent life on other planets. :)

Why did you lear that? (I think its because of a misconception you had/have )

Valid quote, I think. I would like it even better if it read:

"Stupidity and selfishness are the roots of most evils."

I think the rood of evil stems from duality... thinking that 'what is not' is, rather than thinking that 'what is' is...

just think about it... stupidity - behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment - choosing what is not good rather than what is good... selfishness - concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure and ignoring others wellbeing is not good to our own wellbeing..

Guest RBSA

If Tao kills you the question is if you can kill Tao .

• Like 1

How to respond?

Tao is not a "thing" so it can never be killed. Sure, it can be denied but that doesn't change anything.

We all will one day die. Does it matter if it be by being shot to death by someone or by a massive heart attack?

To kill implies intention. I think it would be dangerous to suggest that Tao has intention.

Guest RBSA

I ' ll respond in a few days . Must find out more about Tao .

I ' ll respond in a few days . Must find out more about Tao .

Thank you. That's all I was hoping for; that you would take the time to learn more.

If False Then False...

Why seek to focus on no-life rather than on life? Tao be ... and sustains everything that be... even transitory things like death that die are maintained as a possibility that sought to be and 'chose not to be anymore'*... remaining forever as just a possibility... I think that Tao has intention... and to me there is nothing dangerous about that being so... in fact if Tao has intention then I hold those intentions are beautiful, divine, wonderful, lovely and a bit more...

* I previously pointed out that the question isn't to be or not to be, it be, how to be... thus one can't choose not to be anymore one only can choose how to be. In the case of death to choose not to be anymore implies becoming a possibility that forever remains as that a possibility...

And what is condensed energy?

It's kinda like condensed milk, only with energy.

I think the rood of evil stems from duality... thinking that 'what is not' is, rather than thinking that 'what is' is...

just think about it... stupidity - behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment - choosing what is not good rather than what is good... selfishness - concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure and ignoring others wellbeing is not good to our own wellbeing..

Yes duality creates FEAR and it's all down hill from there

Yes duality creates FEAR and it's all down hill from there

Until one finds COURAGE and it's all up hill from there... of course if one finds FAITH one could move the hill and even the mountains... with the appropriate thought, feeling, desire, intention...

Until one finds COURAGE and it's all up hill from there... of course if one finds FAITH one could move the hill and even the mountains... with the appropriate thought, feeling, desire, intention...

Of course. i was however speaking of the general condition of man - not how some individuals are able to over come.

Of course. i was however speaking of the general condition of man - not how some individuals are able to over come.

The general condition of man at this time involves defining the path to be take into the future... and the myths to cultivate...

Within each individual there is a choose of what to promote... will it be ignorance, fear, hatred, violence will it be knowledge, courage, love, compassion, peace, patience, determination and a bit more... Fight - flea responses needn't control other ingenious approaches... like sagacity. By now its evident that man can think of better ways to deal with the situations it just a matter of directing the flows and 'dancing'...

This thread focuses on

Tao is it . it is not Tao.

Fear is not Tao... tranquility is Tao...

"Stupidity and selfishness are the only evil."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Im willing to take exception to that, quote

one problem with the statement is that it is self fulfilling ( excuses behavior in a biased manner.)

One can do things either intentionally ,

or unintentionally (by accident or without thinking)

All the the accidents could be chalked up to stupidity

(but its not true otherwise getting injured in a minefield is the fault of the person in it)

All the 'without thinking' behaviors some people may excuse ,,but I dont , youre still responsible

(since you could have stopped and thought things out but neglected to.)

Of the intentional things a person can do stuff for themselves,

they can either have negative consequences for others which are intended,

or they can have negative effects that are not desired but cannot be avoided.

To say that one is selfish presupposes that it is wrong to do things for themselves if it adversely affects others..

thing is , just about everything one does for themselves adversely affects others.

One eats the food , takes the job ,displaces the home etc and the adversely affected calls it evil whereas the the self advantaging considers it innocent.

Finally and most simply ,stupidity selfishness ,

good and evil

are abstracts of the human mind ,

they dont exist outside of it.

That which actually happens is what happens ,

judgements such as these are ultimately illusions.

Maharaj is teaching illusions

, and thats fine to me , but others may call it evil

which is done neither out of selfishness nor out of stupidity.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh

Finally and most simply (xyz) are abstracts of the human mind ,

they dont exist outside of it.

That which actually happens is what happens ,

judgements such as these are ultimately illusions.

Maharaj is teaching illusions

, and thats fine to me , but others may call it evil

which is done neither out of selfishness nor out of stupidity.

Stosh

the statement that they are abstracts of the human mind may blind us to understand what be going on... and how human minds are being directed, manipulate and played. Look up memes... The best way to keep prisoners in a prison is to make them believe they are free ... the same goes for media control, the best way to control it is to make believe there isn't control over it when evidently there is...

This thread focuses on

Tao is it . it is not Tao.

Fear is not Tao... tranquility is Tao...

Duality is not Tao ... oneness is Tao

Actually there is only oneness and fear is also Tao ( ask any animal)

Duality is not Tao ... oneness is Tao

Actually there is only oneness and fear is also Tao ( ask any animal)

In Tao duality stems from a delusion and fear is a real misunderstanding of Tao... those on the way just walk the way...