Guest RBSA

Tao is it . it is not Tao .

Hehehe. Sometimes I make decisions spontaneously.

Eureka!!

You're beginning to see that that you don't choose your thoughts. :D

And what is condensed energy?

Did I happen to mention Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous in opposition to Sceptics and Atheists? :D

Oh

Because you said: -

Oh my... a single letter can change the word from the intended meaning to something else... Glad you got the intended word rather than the one I wrote... :D FWIIW will be on the lookout in the future... just like I am with other words like 'witch' for 'which'... which caused much laughter at some time... Anyway the question why you choose to do something sought to point out a subtle point... Evidently you could had chosen to respond with a different word... OK, I will beware of the sweet little kitten's purrings.

snapback.pnget-thoughts, on 25 August 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

BTW as I mentioned the dialogues introduce subtle points... when properly understood the truth is properly understood... and when misunderstood... well it just seem to be understood... The sensible thing would involve venturing into the adventure, unless the trip was rigged in such a way as to prevent the real trip from taking place... So which adventure would you choose to experience?

you responded "I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about here.......... :)"... I know :D ... and wanted you to become aware... there are many many subtle twists and fallacious points... for example one that comes to mind is that when one reads one sees letters... when in fact one sees only arrangements with different reflectivity/emisivity blobs of ink arranged in a particular pattern... then there was the association of energy to pain... and other...

"You won't know unless you read it..." well I read some of it and have see some evident tip-offs ... thus my beware statement...

BTW your statement reminds me of "You will certainly know what be the truth once you enter"... to which I would respond "it is better to remain uncertain about certain truths and be able to choose with certainty the better path to traverse"... Besides I may know it from what you tell us about it... In my own travels I done some work concerning the principles of knowledge... fascinating domain...

Aaron made several point I find important:

- To find it possible to accept sometimes individuals have to let go of preconceptions they've been taught

- it can be hard to swallow what's being said.

- accept it on faith can sound crazy especially to someone who hash't the understanding they need to understand it.

I think my response of "Condensed energy...." to mYTHmAKER's question about what is matter provides a quick response and paves the way for us to focus on more important issues you are right its up to mYTHmAKER to decide what mYTHmAKER finds more helpful . :D

And what is condensed energy?

evidently energy that has condensed ...

Now can we get back to the topic...

Some hold that If the spirit is in the body then the body is in the spirit without realizing that the spirit exists before time and after time... the body without the spirit is just matter, thought the spirit with or without the body is the spirit...

Oh

Oh my... a single letter can change the word from the intended meaning to something else... Glad you got the intended word rather than the one I wrote... :D FWIIW will be on the lookout in the future... just like I am with other words like 'witch' for 'which'... which caused much laughter at some time... Anyway the question why you choose to do something sought to point out a subtle point... Evidently you could had chosen to respond with a different word... OK, I will beware of the sweet little kitten's purrings.

snapback.pnget-thoughts, on 25 August 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

BTW as I mentioned the dialogues introduce subtle points... when properly understood the truth is properly understood... and when misunderstood... well it just seem to be understood... The sensible thing would involve venturing into the adventure, unless the trip was rigged in such a way as to prevent the real trip from taking place... So which adventure would you choose to experience?

you responded "I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about here.......... :)"... I know :D ... and wanted you to become aware... there are many many subtle twists and fallacious points... for example one that comes to mind is that when one reads one sees letters... when in fact one sees only arrangements with different reflectivity/emisivity blobs of ink arranged in a particular pattern... then there was the association of energy to pain... and other...

"You won't know unless you read it..." well I read some of it and have see some evident tip-offs ... thus my beware statement...

BTW your statement reminds me of "You will certainly know what be the truth once you enter"... to which I would respond "it is better to remain uncertain about certain truths and be able to choose with certainty the better path to traverse"... Besides I may know it from what you tell us about it... In my own travels I done some work concerning the principles of knowledge... fascinating domain...

Aaron made several point I find important:

- To find it possible to accept sometimes individuals have to let go of preconceptions they've been taught

- it can be hard to swallow what's being said.

- accept it on faith can sound crazy especially to someone who hash't the understanding they need to understand it.

I think my response of "Condensed energy...." to mYTHmAKER's question about what is matter provides a quick response and paves the way for us to focus on more important issues you are right its up to mYTHmAKER to decide what mYTHmAKER finds more helpful . :D

I'm speechless......................

In a good way ? In some other way?

As far as discussing anything with you is concerned; it's a really good way. :)

With the cards on the table, discussing who has got the better hand be an exercise in futility ...

Especially when someone has a royal flush...

Being speechless with a royal flush... can mean many things ... it can be good and it can be something else...

Personally who wins or who loses its all the same to me because the my objective centers on learning how to play the game and always win... its rather simple actually... just cultivate the stuff you want...

evidently energy that has condensed ...

Now can we get back to the topic...

Some hold that If the spirit is in the body then the body is in the spirit without realizing that the spirit exists before time and after time... the body without the spirit is just matter, thought the spirit with or without the body is the spirit...

You state the obvious - mYTHmAKER was asking for an answer on another level.

Just matter - not important ?

So this world was created, if was even created, it all comes from the same source -

Some call it god, some call it tao,etc. These are only names in the mind of man/woman

Both spirit and matter have the same source. The difference is one of vibration, of density.

Therefore mYTHmAKER says everything, everyone, including YOU and your refrigerator are made from this.

There is nothing that is not this - even your mother in law. All is connected - everything is the body of god of tao.

Thou art That.

The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding and following cycles, of seeing the constant in change.

:) :) :)

You state the obvious - mYTHmAKER was asking for an answer on another level.

Just matter - not important ?

So this world was created, if was even created, it all comes from the same source -

Some call it god, some call it tao,etc. These are only names in the mind of man/woman

Both spirit and matter have the same source. The difference is one of vibration, of density.

Therefore mYTHmAKER says everything, everyone, including YOU and your refrigerator are made from this.

There is nothing that is not this - even your mother in law. All is connected - everything is the body of god of tao.

Thou art That.

The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding and following cycles, of seeing the constant in change.

:) :) :)

AS I said before " the body without the spirit is just matter, thought the spirit with or without the body is the spirit"...

Without this creations the source still be the source... and equating the source to nothing does not make the source be nothing nor making nothing be the source --- you state "There is nothing that is not this" when in fact "the source be the source with or without all this...

AS I said before " Some hold that If the spirit is in the body then the body is in the spirit without realizing that the spirit exists before time and after time"...

You got an answer on multiple levels... though for whatever reason choose to disregard it ... I hope this time you choose a better action...

AS I said before " the body without the spirit is just matter, thought the spirit with or without the body is the spirit"...

Without this creations the source still be the source... and equating the source to nothing does not make the source be nothing nor making nothing be the source --- you state "There is nothing that is not this" when in fact "the source be the source with or without all this...

AS I said before " Some hold that If the spirit is in the body then the body is in the spirit without realizing that the spirit exists before time and after time"...

You got an answer on multiple levels... though for whatever reason choose to disregard it ... I hope this time you choose a better action...

I did..... :rolleyes:

Why cultivate unintelligence when one can cultivate intelligence...

mythmaker said "The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding" ...

( myth maker what does your username mean)

Why cultivate unintelligence when one can cultivate intelligence...

mythmaker said "The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding" ...

( myth maker what does your username mean)

What do you mean by "Why cultivate unintelligence when one can cultivate intelligence..."

You only quoted me in part which changes the meaning - mythmaker said "The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding" ...

I think my username is self explanatory

What do you mean by "Why cultivate unintelligence when one can cultivate intelligence..."

You only quoted me in part which changes the meaning - mythmaker said "The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding" ...

I think my username is self explanatory

mYTHmAKER...

The fact you think your username is self explanatory does not tell me according to you what does your username mean!

If you do not want to explain it then so be it... -FWIIW When I first read your username the notion that came to me was not myth maker ... it was more on the lines of 'meet thy maker' which sounded a bit... (doesn't really matter).

What do I mean by "Why cultivate unintelligence when one can cultivate intelligence..." evidently that the words individuals choose to use cultivates the words... and has an effect on the individuals... words have generally have a particular charge... the intelligent seek to cultivate intelligent words... and the words each uses reflects what they hold and value... If you look closely at what I state you might realize that I bias towards 'positives' and neutral words... generally I even seek to include a positive word (or two) for a negative word...

You are right that I quoted you in part... I thought it was appropriate to focus on an issue I found key... Not sure why you state it changes the meaning, especially when considering that one who understands would see the cycles and constants that exists and see what be for what be... What I did expanded on what you said by opening up understand to include a bit more...

--The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding-- Is a statement I hold to be valid.

mYTHmAKER...

The fact you think your username is self explanatory does not tell me according to you what does your username mean!

If you do not want to explain it then so be it... -FWIIW When I first read your username the notion that came to me was not myth maker ... it was more on the lines of 'meet thy maker' which sounded a bit... (doesn't really matter).

What do I mean by "Why cultivate unintelligence when one can cultivate intelligence..." evidently that the words individuals choose to use cultivates the words... and has an effect on the individuals... words have generally have a particular charge... the intelligent seek to cultivate intelligent words... and the words each uses reflects what they hold and value... If you look closely at what I state you might realize that I bias towards 'positives' and neutral words... generally I even seek to include a positive word (or two) for a negative word...

You are right that I quoted you in part... I thought it was appropriate to focus on an issue I found key... Not sure why you state it changes the meaning, especially when considering that one who understands would see the cycles and constants that exists and see what be for what be... What I did expanded on what you said by opening up understand to include a bit more...

--The philosophy of tao is the philosophy of understanding-- Is a statement I hold to be valid.

Ok mYTHmAKER = maker of myths. In a sense everyone is a creator of their own myth / reality.

When someone is quoted in part it often leads to misunderstandings. Politicians, for example, are good at quoting their opponents out of context.

Ok mYTHmAKER = maker of myths. In a sense everyone is a creator of their own myth / reality.

When someone is quoted in part it often leads to misunderstandings. Politicians, for example, are good at quoting their opponents out of context.

Indeed... " In a sense everyone is a creator of their own myth / reality" ... the real interesting interactions happen with shared realities... Please consider that - When someone is quoted in part it often leads to certain understandings- that may include misunderstandings as well as better understanding... BTW even when someone is quoted completely it often leads to all sort of understanding... We have to look at the intent of the partial or full quotation... for that matter we have to look at the meaning each chooses to give to the words, actions, feeling and statements... what each believes to be can change profound the experience they experience... even though the facts remain the same... from the context you provided thus far I hold you understand quite well what I am talking about...

Now how do we direct this thread into the core topic of

Tao is it . it is not Tao .

And just maybe on this one too.

Let's hope not: -

"Stupidity and selfishness are the only evil."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Stupidity and selfishness are the only evil."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Valid quote, I think. I would like it even better if it read:

"Stupidity and selfishness are the roots of most evils."