Sifu ReL

LIGHTNESS SKILL

anything on the lightness skill would be greatly appreciated....AND DONT TELL ME IT NOT POSSIBLE CUZ . THE FUCKING TRUTH IS THAT IS POSSIBLE! i seen a guy walk on paper, water, and stand on a scale and it decrease.

if you dont believe dont comment please dont kick the wheel

is it achieve through Meditation? if so, what type.

have anyone of you actually reduced your weight even by a pound.?

thanks for your insight.

I heard it was invented by a Baguazhang master, he stopped teaching it when his student started using that skill for theft

I heard that circle walking is a part of learning it but I'm not sure how that works

It's also found as one of the 72 skills of Shaolin, maybe it's the same thing but changed a little by the time it got there

It's done in parts, one is digging a hole and jumping out of it in one jump then later you make the hole deeper and try to jump out again

Another one is walking around a vat filled with water as if you're circle walking on it, you remove water a little by little as you progress, if you're too heavy you just make the whole thing fall over

It's kinda detailed so you should look for the book about the 72 skills

http://www.kungfulibrary.com/about-72-shaolin-arts.htm

By the way, I heard that it takes at least 20 years to master or something

Edited by Sinfest

anything on the lightness skill would be greatly appreciated....AND DONT TELL ME IT NOT POSSIBLE CUZ . THE FUCKING TRUTH IS THAT IS POSSIBLE! i seen a guy walk on paper, water, and stand on a scale and it decrease.

if you dont believe dont comment please dont kick the wheel

is it achieve through Meditation? if so, what type.

have anyone of you actually reduced your weight even by a pound.?

thanks for your insight.

I've had some minor light body experiences after a session of Hung Lung Hei Gung.

I'm curious as to who you saw step on a scale and made it decrease in weight?

Edit:Grammer

Edited by h.uriahr

I heard it was invented by a Baguazhang master, he stopped teaching it when his student started using that skill for theft

I heard that circle walking is a part of learning it but I'm not sure how that works

It's also found as one of the 72 skills of Shaolin, maybe it's the same thing but changed a little by the time it got there

It's done in parts, one is digging a hole and jumping out of it in one jump then later you make the hole deeper and try to jump out again

Another one is walking around a vat filled with water as if you're circle walking on it, you remove water a little by little as you progress, if you're too heavy you just make the whole thing fall over

It's kinda detailed so you should look for the book about the 72 skills

http://www.kungfulibrary.com/about-72-shaolin-arts.htm

By the way, I heard that it takes at least 20 years to master or something

thanks, this was very helpful! :) . those guys were wrong, your not a jerk.

• Like 1

I have seen lightness skill demonstrated.

Pretty much all the input I have, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

I read that Tung Hai Chuan used his own lightness skill to burglarize and he got it from shaolin. Could you imagine Tung Hai Chuan breaking and entering.

oh well I got a good laugh

Scott taught me the hole digging thing as a kid, but I didn't stick with it...

Edited by jaysahnztao
  • Like 1

According to my teacher there are two approaches to this type of training -

External - primarily physical training of the sort mentioned above

Internal - meditation techniques

I began working on the internal method about 2 years into my meditation training.

After focusing on the appropriate techniques for about 3 months, my training partners were shocked at my increase in speed and agility - sort of one second I'm there, the next I'm gone type thing when attacked. I worked on it for a few years but eventually turned my attention to other areas of the system.

It's the kind of training that you need to specialize in and really commit to over a long period of time.

I saw enough progress to be convinced that it works.

• Like 3

These Lightness techniques do exist but I don't know of any that can be separated from the system they are within.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3

According to my teacher there are two approaches to this type of training -

External - primarily physical training of the sort mentioned above

Internal - meditation techniques

I began working on the internal method about 2 years into my meditation training.

After focusing on the appropriate techniques for about 3 months, my training partners were shocked at my increase in speed and agility - sort of one second I'm there, the next I'm gone type thing when attacked. I worked on it for a few years but eventually turned my attention to other areas of the system.

It's the kind of training that you need to specialize in and really commit to over a long period of time.

I saw enough progress to be convinced that it works.

do you still remeber the Internal meditation technique?

do you still remeber the Internal meditation technique?

Of course!

It's an integral part of my daily practice but not my primary focus.

Tough to explain what I mean by that unless you understand the specifics of the system.

It's actually extremely simple but you need quite a bit of preparation and foundation training to be able to "master" and see benefits from the technique.

• Like 1

Of course!

It's an integral part of my daily practice but not my primary focus.

Tough to explain what I mean by that unless you understand the specifics of the system.

It's actually extremely simple but you need quite a bit of preparation and foundation training to be able to "master" and see benefits from the technique.

well can you tell me?

well can you tell me?

The system is built on first developing a solid foundation then adding incrementally based on the student's progress and so forth.

Publishing an advanced technique on a public forum for strangers to play around with would be irresponsible and disrespectful to my teacher and style.

Not only that, without having the foundation, it would be a total waste of time.

It would be like teaching someone an advanced pushing hands technique without ever teaching them about Song...

PS - I don't mean any disrespect. I take this training very seriously and I would only teach the methods in the same systematic fashion that I was trained by my teacher. He would never pull out an advanced meditation technique and teach it in a public forum, nor will I. Particularly when you get to the more advanced and secret techniques, they are reserved for long term, committed, and loyal students. This particular technique is only shared with disciples in our system. Sorry.

• Like 7

edit on other post

Why did you remove your post info? I was digging it, and have been thinking about lightness qigong recently.

Why did you remove your post info? I was digging it, and have been thinking about lightness qigong recently.

Apparently the OP is looking for an add-on technique instead of an integrated system. I only know an integrated system which can't have the Lightness technique separated from. I have never heard of an add-on technique and don't think it exists, therefore my post was not useful to what he is looking for. Basically I just explained that our Lightness technique is within the advanced running qigong of our system as well as in one of the Gift of Tao II moves and that since Lightness is not the main goal of that GOT move I wouldn't suggest it be tried separately as a Lightness (only) technique.

• Like 1

Apparently the OP is looking for an add-on technique instead of an integrated system. I only know an integrated system which can't have the Lightness technique separated from. I have never heard of an add-on technique and don't think it exists, therefore my post was not useful to what he is looking for. Basically I just explained that our Lightness technique is within the advanced running qigong of our system as well as in one of the Gift of Tao II moves and that since Lightness is not the main goal of that GOT move I wouldn't suggest it be tried separately as a Lightness (only) technique.

Ah got it.

Thanks.

John