eye_of_the_storm

the lights go out

curious thing / probably no answer / don't believe in coincidence much

every time I am driving at night a street light or two usually goes out just as i approach it or go under it... tonight 2 went out

this happens rather often / i think it strange

unless my country has really poor quality light bulbs and street lights are going out all over the place constantly... but this seems unlikely ^_^

Stop far away from a failing light and wait a while to see whether it lights up again. Or stop at another one and see whether the effect repeats itself.

Or maybe the universe is telling you to stop searching for enlightenment. :lol:

Edited by Owledge

I've asked people about this and have heard it can be side effect of cultivation. I think some of the KAP people may have posted about how they'd make electrical devices screw up unless they took some precautions. I suck power out of batteries if I wear a watch or keep a phone in my battery, I also demagnetize credit cards and occasionally set off theft detectors in store for no reason. I wish I could blow the damn street lights because I hate light pollution. I don't think my stuff has anything to do with cultivation though. I've always done it and my dad does too; he definitely does not do any funky practices.

Dear Hearts,

The truth is that most street lights now-a-days have light sensors and when the sensor detects enough light it will turn the street light off.

Check it out. Walk the same street without a flash light and I can almost state absolute that the light will not go out.

It is likely caused by the way your vehicle is directing/reflecting light or maybe even the amount of moisture in the air that is causing your headlights to trip the sensor.

• Like 2

have you ever had a near-death experience? its often reported that people who come back from a brush with the light have that sort of thing happen to them regularly.

and is that the only strange thing that happens to you? do your watches stop working or anything like that?

Dear Hearts,

The truth is that most street lights now-a-days have light sensors and when the sensor detects enough light it will turn the street light off.

Check it out. Walk the same street without a flash light and I can almost state absolute that the light will not go out.

It is likely caused by the way your vehicle is directing/reflecting light or maybe even the amount of moisture in the air that is causing your headlights to trip the sensor.

you realize this is not the most mystical energetic manipulating explanation?

• Like 1

...how they'd make electrical devices screw up unless they took some precautions. I suck power out of batteries if I wear a watch or keep a phone in my battery,...

^_^

Oh, I meant in my pocket. I also frequently screw up the electrical connections in my brain. :lol:

as Zanshin commented too

phone battery will drain randomly it will be fully charged and i will go to use it = dead

this doesn't happen often though... I rarely keep my phone on me / if i can avoid it (maybe the area I am in)

could just be a technical glitch

the light thing is more frequent

- i dont think it is light sensors (I don't think we have lights that sophisticated where i live either) ... i'll have cars in front of me etc... but as soon as i pass under zap.

I don't cultivate myself really / consciously

no near death experience that I am aware of haha

Dont seem to cause any other electrical disturbances

I feel it maybe a sign Owl :) // as opposed to the cause being myself / though if it is a message to myself the cause would be me// haha

Cool image Mal :)

also @ Owl interesting Or maybe the universe is telling you to stop searching for enlightenment. I am kind of reaching this point / the seeker = no longer seeking and just being / dropping everything and just having faith in myself and faith that the universe will provide / everything is to my benefit - spontaneous arising flowing and growing :)

didnt think this would get a response / thanks guys and gals :)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I remember when I was living in Minnesota, for awhile I would walk home from work. It was about a three mile walk, and 3 out of every 4 nights one particular streetlight would go out as I got close to it. I always thought it was really weird, but never made much of it.

I wasn't into cultivation or spirituality at that time in my life.

You guys are going to have me talking about Chi (dark energy) pretty soon if y'all keep this up. Hehehe.

I have noticed that too, and so have many others. I have chalked it up to coincidence until I find any evidence to the contrary. Those lights are not overly reliable. I think we just happen to notice the particular instance more than the common instances when it doesn't occur. Which i would guess it happens waaaaaaaaaaaay less in comparison to all the lights you are around then what you think or notice even.

go for it MH :D

Hehehe. I am doing that right now at Informer's "Shrinkage" thread. I love the concept of Chi, which, IMO, science refers to as dark energy.

I firmly hold to the understanding that we all (all living things) have Chi energy. And there is universal Chi energy (dark energy) as well.

It is, in my mind, a distinct possibility that we can cause varying effects on all other things that have energy within their essence. This would include mechanical/electro-magnetic devices.

But I doubt you will find me getting mystical on y'all. That just wouldn't be me.

Hehehe. I am doing that right now at Informer's "Shrinkage" thread. I love the concept of Chi, which, IMO, science refers to as dark energy.

I firmly hold to the understanding that we all (all living things) have Chi energy. And there is universal Chi energy (dark energy) as well.

It is, in my mind, a distinct possibility that we can cause varying effects on all other things that have energy within their essence. This would include mechanical/electro-magnetic devices.

But I doubt you will find me getting mystical on y'all. That just wouldn't be me.

I'd says that's pretty mystical / science as opposed to ordinary / though science (present day) it seems is starting to catch up slowly

the universe is electro-magnetic?

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

the universe is electro-magnetic?

My understanding:

There are four primary forces in the universe; weak nuclear, strong nuclear, gravity, and electro-magnetic.

Science is still working on fully understanding gravity. I think they still have a lot of work to do with electro-magnetic. And it is this force that you are speaking to in your opening post. (But I still like to refer to it as Chi.)

Of course, there must be some thing that makes these forces 'go'. Some like to put divine attributes on this thing. Science likes to call this thing the "Laws of Physics", and I like to call it "Tzujan".

Who is right? Does it really matter?

• Like 1

MH, when you say "does it really matter?" are you referring to dark matter?

i like dark energy is chi idea, if so there sure is an abundance of chi for all of us.

tzujan!

MH, when you say "does it really matter?" are you referring to dark matter?

i like dark energy is chi idea, if so there sure is an abundance of chi for all of us.

tzujan!

"Does it really matter" refers to almost everything I have an understanding of. It doesn't matter what we call 'dark energy' and 'dark matter'. It is what it is with words to describe it.

There really isn't all that much that goes on in the universe that directly influences our personal life. Yeah, it is nice (for me) to talk about these things. But they are what they are without my value judgements. Just trying to understand them is fun.

Indeed, there is an abundance of energy in the universe. We do need learn how to utilize it better though, I think. The same could perhaps be said regarding our brain (mind).

"Does it really matter" refers to almost everything I have an understanding of. It doesn't matter what we call 'dark energy' and 'dark matter'. It is what it is with words to describe it.

There really isn't all that much that goes on in the universe that directly influences our personal life. Yeah, it is nice (for me) to talk about these things. But they are what they are without my value judgements. Just trying to understand them is fun.

Indeed, there is an abundance of energy in the universe. We do need learn how to utilize it better though, I think. The same could perhaps be said regarding our brain (mind).

well said, MH.

one of the more common answers heard in my neck of the woods is

it doesnt really matter

Oh, oh. Now I am without words to share. Someone say something please.

You! Don't be ridiculous. laugh.gif

You! Don't be ridiculous. laugh.gif

Well, sure, I can run my mouth. But I would like to talk about the topic at hand. I like talking about Chi energy, you know.

I like talking about Chi energy

FPA-20071201123214252-SM.jpg

I'm liking pictures (as well as sounds) these days