C T

'New' Enlightened Master On The Scene?

I will leave you with this one thought. All of the Buddha's and Bodisatvas in the Heavens, including my own master, Chi Tien Da Shun (Monkey God) have not made a single move to prevent thousands (probably millions) of lives being lost for as long as they have been Gods with ultimate power to save life with compassion, when they could have done. WHY?

Because what you view as millions of lives being lost they view as millions of new lives being created?

I dunno really... why dont you tell why? After all, it is all about balance, right?

Edited by C T

Compassion is a force of nature that lovingly plants the seed and nourishes it with water. It is the wisdom that moves the trunk towards the sun.

The course that things take is not always natural, and so it is the duty of the light to live the truth so that the trees can grow and bear fruit. If the sun decided to go sit in a remote space away from our earth, keeping his radiance to himself, we would never be able to see this.

what makes you think that the sun is shining on us out of compassion for us?

this is the problem with humanity.. they think that the whole universe owns them a living..

• Like 1

Very funny.... LOL. When do you think the world and ALL LIFE can stop suffering???? Never, it is part of the natural world, we are all born to suffer, if this is what you would describe as living. I do not describe living as suffering. What one experiences is life. If one wants to put labels on it, then one is sure to start suffering, because you have already decided that an experience is suffering and your going to suffer under that experience. It is just a part of life and has gone on like that since the very beginning. No one can change this and to try and change this is to corrupt the world.

this is the nature of the reality which we live in..

suffering is part of our reality and all humans choose to suffer by choosing to be born in this reality..

so when you choose a life of suffering in this reality, don't blame others or even other gods for not alleviating your suffering..

this is the problem with humanity.. they think that the whole universe owns them a living..

Maybe because Fu Yue is able to gratefully recognize how all of existence is inter-being simultaneously? Even a blade of grass knows how to respond to the sun's purpose better than you, Tulku. Shame.

• Like 3

Any old fool can have compassion and think they are doing good, but a wise person can see beyond compassion and all of the human labels that we make of good and bad etc. and see that the world is ruled by letting things take their course and by not interfering.

I've argued the other side of this, but I understand it. Take the difference between an Eastern 'saint' and a Western one. As I understand the Eastern saint doesn't try to do good, yet good things happen around them. They're not actively trying anything. Which is often different then our Western picture of active good deeds and charity. Indeed there is the reverse of an Eastern Saint, a person born under a dark star and what ever they do, even with the best of intentions evil results follow.

Maybe one piece of this is that the Eastern Saint realizes its not 'things' or even 'life' that people need, its a deep understanding of reality, and the best way to teach it is to be a living example.

maybe..

I will leave you with this one thought. All of the Buddha's and Bodisatvas in the Heavens, including my own master, Chi Tien Da Shun (Monkey God) have not made a single move to prevent thousands (probably millions) of lives being lost for as long as they have been Gods with ultimate power to save life with compassion, when they could have done. WHY?

This is because Humans choose to lead lives of suffering when their souls choose to incarnate here.

Our souls can choose to incarnate in a dimensional reality where there is no aging, no concept of money or limitations, no disease, no loss or separation, basically immortality in paradise..

But our souls didn't choose that.. our souls choose to exist in a dimensional reality where there are severe limitations instead.. where there is aging, disease, poverty and death..

SO why should the Gods help us alleviate our suffering when we choose to live in a reality of such limitations in the first place?

Until we learn to choose a reality without limitations, without aging, without death, without poverty, then i don't think any gods would wanna help us.

And before I conclude on this post, let me reiterate than a world with sexual desires will always be a world of limitations.

Because the desire to experience orgasms and happiness from sex is a desire to experience only a finite portion of the bliss of the universe.

The desire to experience God and freedom from samsara on the other hand is to experience the infinite bliss of the entirety of the universe.

The desire to only experience sex is like wanting to earn a ten dollars a month while the desire to experience God is like wanting to earn a trillion zillion billion dollars a month and more.

Until Humans want to experience infinity .. until humans want to become part of infinity.. i don't think the Gods will ever step forth and help humans live a life of limitations.

It would be an insult to such Gods.

Perhaps its not. But when I feel its warmth on my face, open myself up to the 10,000 rays, I feel love and compassion. Maybe its just a ball of fire passing fusional gas, but ....

This is because Humans choose to lead lives of suffering when their souls choose to incarnate here.

Our souls can choose to incarnate in a dimensional reality where there is no aging, no concept of money or limitations, no disease, no loss or separation, basically immortality in paradise..

But our souls didn't choose that.. our souls choose to exist in a dimensional reality where there are severe limitations instead.. where there is aging, disease, poverty and death..

SO why should the Gods help us alleviate our suffering when we choose to live in a reality of such limitations in the first place?

Until we learn to choose a reality without limitations, without aging, without death, without poverty, then i don't think any gods would wanna help us.

And before I conclude on this post, let me reiterate than a world with sexual desires will always be a world of limitations.

Because the desire to experience orgasms and happiness from sex is a desire to experience only a finite portion of the bliss of the universe.

The desire to experience God and freedom from samsara on the other hand is to experience the infinite bliss of the entirety of the universe.

The desire to only experience sex is like wanting to earn a ten dollars a month while the desire to experience God is like wanting to earn a trillion zillion billion dollars a month and more.

Until Humans want to experience infinity .. until humans want to become part of infinity.. i don't think the Gods will ever step forth and help humans live a life of limitations.

It would be an insult to such Gods.

You have no idea how precious a human birth is.

You, Tulku, are a disseminator of half-truths, and that makes you more dangerous (to yourself) than an out-and-out liar.

• Like 4

I've argued the other side of this, but I understand it. Take the difference between an Eastern 'saint' and a Western one. As I understand the Eastern saint doesn't try to do good, yet good things happen around them. They're not actively trying anything. Which is often different then our Western picture of active good deeds and charity. Indeed there is the reverse of an Eastern Saint, a person born under a dark star and what ever they do, even with the best of intentions evil results follow.

Maybe one piece of this is that the Eastern Saint realizes its not 'things' or even 'life' that people need, its a deep understanding of reality, and the best way to teach it is to be a living example.

maybe..

i know a few western saints who have the same mentality as eastern ones..

why do you think the west's version of the teachings of enlightenment.. gnosticism and stuff have not flourished compared to the east?..

if anything, the western teachers of enlightenment are even more isolated than the eastern ones..

Because we create our own karma, so not even the Buddha with his infinite compassion could save everyone. We have to create the causes for liberation ourselves. The Buddha can only show us the way.

I've argued the other side of this, but I understand it. Take the difference between an Eastern 'saint' and a Western one. As I understand the Eastern saint doesn't try to do good

By "Eastern saint" do you mean Taoist? This is certainly not true for a Buddhist saint.

Edited by Sunya
  • Like 1

You have no idea how precious a human birth is.

You, Tulku, are a disseminator of half-truths, and that makes you more dangerous (to yourself) than an out-and-out liar.

a human birth is nothing compared to a birth of a god..

stop regurgitating buddhist liners endlessly.. just because a teacher say something is good doesn't mean it is good for everyone and all situations..

for eg, if the gods determine that our current world is too full of sin and it needs to experience Armageddon in order to cleanse this world of sin, does this mean the gods are evil?

Use your innate wisdom to analyze things for once.

Ohh, I see. Suffering is not bad then. Got it. Very deep. The word you're looking for is apathy. I guess every selfish teenager is enlightened?

If that's the case I just grounded an incarnation of Shiva for constant sass. I should maybe rethink this. ;)

• Like 2

stop regurgitating buddhist liners endlessly.. just because a teacher say something is good doesn't mean it is good for everyone and all situations..

for eg, if the gods determine that our current world is too full of sin and it needs to experience Armageddon in order to cleanse this world of sin, does this mean the gods are evil?

I dont want to bicker with you.

Let your words speak for themselves.

• Like 3

Because we create our own karma, so not even the Buddha with his infinite compassion could save everyone. We have to create the causes for liberation ourselves. The Buddha can only show us the way.

I have created a few threads about samsara in this forum.

There will always be a number of posters who refuse to see how important it is to leave samsara.

These certain posters simply refuse to see how much of a waste of time samsara is. Endlessly dying and getting reborn again doing the same old shit over and over again.

Mind you, it is one just one poster.. It is more than one poster and the number of posters who refuse to leave samsara is really substantial..

This is why i say the World needs to experience Armageddon in order for such stubborn people to see how much of a waste of time Samsara is.

:lol:

So where are these invisible gods that control the fate of our world? Have you actually experienced one of them outside of your imagination? Why talk about these hypothetical gods and how great they are, yet downplaying your own existence as a human?

Edited by Sunya

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3949&start=0

edit: i will add that those opinions aren't my own, just some educated opinions, for what thats worth. i personally like mahavajra for some reasons and dislike him for others, but (risking silliness here) i don't see him as "enlightened" in the classic sense, and i'm not sure you would reach enlightenment just by doing what he teaches. He has a youtube page if you want to see him speak, and his books are available scattered around the interwebs on filesharing sites for free

his real name is francois lepine if you want to search him out.

Edited by anamatva

Ohh, I see. Suffering is not bad then. Got it. Very deep. The word you're looking for is apathy. I guess every selfish teenager is enlightened?

The gods only help those who help themselves.

The majority of humans choose to live in sin and suffering because they wanna experience the "joys" of desires without paying the price for it.

It is not that the gods do not wanna alleviate suffering.

It is that Humanity choose to live a life of suffering by getting trapped in samsara out of their own free will.

:lol:

So where are these invisible gods that control the fate of our world? Have you actually experienced one of them outside of your imagination? Why talk about these hypothetical gods and how great they are, yet downplaying your own existence as a human?

Funny.. you study buddhism and yet you don't know about the gods who pull the strings of our everyday lives?

i suggest you study further..

Funny.. you study buddhism and yet you don't know about the gods who pull the strings of our everyday lives?

i suggest you study further..

No, Buddhism says nothing about gods pulling the strings. Our karma is what's pulling the strings. You're making Buddhism out to be some primitive shamanistic polytheistic religion.

• Like 2

@tulku

why should you derail another thread with your incoherent ramblings about transcending samsara? your posts stink of dualism, and suffering, so why should we be subjected to these musings from your cave about what sunlight must feel like? ack

if you are going to completely derail a thread, at least have the courtesy to just start a new thread with a new name. thanks

• Like 2

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3949&start=0

edit: i will add that those opinions aren't my own, just some educated opinions, for what thats worth. i personally like mahavajra for some reasons and dislike him for others, but (risking silliness here) i don't see him as "enlightened" in the classic sense, and i'm not sure you would reach enlightenment just by doing what he teaches. He has a youtube page if you want to see him speak, and his books are available scattered around the interwebs on filesharing sites for free

his real name is francois lepine if you want to search him out.

Thanks, A!

@tulku

why should you derail another thread with your incoherent ramblings about transcending samsara? your posts stink of dualism, and suffering, so why should we be subjected to these musings from your cave about what sunlight must feel like? ack

if you are going to completely derail a thread, at least have the courtesy to just start a new thread with a new name. thanks

Maybe its because, as what Rinpoche said, he picked a north-facing cave to sit in? :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks, A!

yeah sure thing :)

i have learned a lot of good stuff from him btw, and my own kuji-in teacher, when i showed him lepine's stuff, said he was impressed. They have a similar teaching focus actually. So there are some good things about him

but not mentioned on that dharma wheel thread hahahaaha pretendai lol

No, Buddhism says nothing about gods pulling the strings. Our karma is what's pulling the strings. You're making Buddhism out to be some primitive shamanistic polytheistic religion.

there is a lot of shamanism in Buddhism

to differentiate between shamanism and Buddhism would be to indulge in the buddhist sin of "differentiation"

as i said before, i suggest you examine Buddhism at a much more deeper level..