Owledge

Reincarnation + linear time + space constrains

Don't be sorry I wouldn't be on thetaobums or on my current life path if it hadn't. It changed me for the better I think, and I did get some good insights out of it.

That being said I don't wish to repeat it again.

"I don't see anything good coming of forcing your brainwaves into such a state"

And yet that stuff is 'out there' online. "Digital crack" exists too. 'Weidan' for moderns? The 'purists' seem to spit on Ayahausca and other 'alterating' but they'll still advocate sensorial underload (deprivation) or overload. The way I see it, stuff doesn't have to be in a 'physical/material form' to have an effect. I mean, just watch a sad movie for starters and if you find yourself crying at something that never happened to anyone really...I mean even that is just incredible. I'm figuring 'biofeedback' is just an enhanced 'witnessing' tool. But then it's lacking in actual sensuality.

Anyway, I'm sorry you went through all that stuff.

I'm sorry all that stuff happened to you.

My concept of reincarnation comes from an encounter with a being in a place that I was told housed our consciousness between lives. This being was very powerful and stated that the place where consciousness goes to reside is beyond space and time and when we come back to be reincarnated, our next lives can be in the past or the future. Just be aware that he also said that we remember nothing of our previous lives, so to say it's "us" being reincarnated isn't true, since the you that you are now ceases to be at the time of reincarnation, the only thing that lives on is the capacity for consciousness within us.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

What to make then of the alleged healers who examine your past lives in order to erase bad karma from there or whatever? It's always past-lives stuff. Since you poke into something outside of normal spacetime, why no access to the future?

And even if their work is 'legit', what if you have seriously messed up karma from a future life? I guess then they can't help you.

What to make then of the alleged healers who examine your past lives in order to erase bad karma from there or whatever? It's always past-lives stuff. Since you poke into something outside of normal spacetime, why no access to the future?

And even if their work is 'legit', what if you have seriously messed up karma from a future life? I guess then they can't help you.

Well I'm not sure there is such a thing as Karma or Dharma, at least nothing was mentioned about that, rather I was told we continue to be reincarnated until we learn the lesson we're supposed to learn, but the being I met never told me what that lesson was. Anyways I got the distinct impression that what we should be concentrating on is this life, rather than our previous lives (which are only "ours" in the very general sense).

Aaron

The one-lesson idea is one view, other people say there is a lesson for each incarnation, or sometimes if that one is not learned, it continues in the next life, and that back to the source occurs once all experiences have been made. I guess we can't know which is the case, maybe it's different for each soul.

Can't help myself, Ignore if serious practitioner. You were warned.

I read a study in 2003 or so about Buddhist monks and their brainwaves. Their brainwaves shot up to 42Hz (gamma band) and the amplitude of their gamma waves were over 30 times higher than lay practitioners.

More info on gamma here:

The gamma waves put the monks into a deep meditative state and allowed them to explore other dimensions; but there drawbacks too. When they got angry they turned green and changed into green behemoths who took no shit.

• Like 2

You know what's funny about that frequency and the claim that it connects to higher perceptions and insights about the universe or whatever?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

42 is the answer to the question about life, the universe and everything. :lol:

• Like 1

You know what's funny about that frequency and the claim that it connects to higher perceptions and insights about the universe or whatever?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

42 is the answer to the question about life, the universe and everything. :lol:

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”

― H.P. Lovecraft

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

― H.P. Lovecraft

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

That's interesting stuff Seth. I hear in there somewhere that 'society' as a whole is having a hard time catching up with people's actual experiences (hence the whole course thing, which BTW I think is admirable) but that the 'eminence grise' would still like to have some kind of authority when it comes to such things. Have you read this? http://www.amazon.com/Woman-Who-Glows-Dark-Traditional/dp/1585420220

Hi Kate, and no, I havent read that book, but I will now that you have showed it to me as I love the traditions from that area of the world- Qero, Inca, Aztec, Toltec...

I was wondering about the whole reincarnation idea. It seems to employ some of the closedmindedness of Christian doctrine, about humankind being the only sentient beings in the universe.

1) How is it that when the idea of reincarnation is used to examine former lives and such, that, apart from a tendency of rare gender change, it's limited to humans?

It's not limited to humans. Never was.

2) Isn't the 'illusion of time' part of buddhist teachings, too? How comes that a metaphysical idea like reincarnation assumes a linear progression through time?

Reincarnation does not assume linear time at all. Reincarnation speaks of successive experiences which follow one after another. It says nothing of the contents of those experiences other than to say there is a link by way of ongoing intent. This link is said to be unfathomable except in the broadest and most general terms (good intentions lead to good results, which is very unspecific and it can even be untrue in some cases). Even Buddha could not predict the specifics of future lives and he advised people against trying to work out the specifics of the results of intentions, lest you go insane (not literally).

3) Why is reincarnation involving humans at some point in time limited to planet Earth?

It's not limited to Earth. This isn't Earth anyway. It's an experience where there seems to be a planet. People call it Earth. There is a difference. There is something that looks like, or suggests itself to be Earth. To go from that to "this definitely is Earth" is a huge logical leap. Conventionally we consider this experience to be located in a place called "Earth." But spirituality goes beyond convention. It goes to examine the nature of all experience.

Edited by goldisheavy

@goldisheavy

Then explain to me why no medium in the world seems capable of telling someone about their future lives, or their lives not on this planet, and never or rarely about their lives as animals?

Shouldn't this be a major part of spiritual knowledge, why that is? I haven't found a text dealing with that yet.

I had the great idea to use binaural beats to try to entrain a 42Hz brainwave pattern, and did so for a few weeks. What I experienced was worse than ANY acid trip I've ever read about.

I experienced having more than one body in more than one reality. It was literally like being a Quan Am buddha (the one with a thousand arms).

Time as I experienced was not linear and sequential but rather solid and physical and whole and all encompassing. At each moment it branched off into other realities exactly as the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics suggests, each of which were just as real this one.

It lead to my 6 dimensional theory of reality.

Simplified for those who don't want to read all that:

4th Dimension. In a movie you have animation cells about 30 per second. If you stack them like a deck of cards that is sort of like what I am talking about. Birth at one end, death at the other. Think of this except there are infinite animation cells, and they are in 3D instead of 2D as one solid object instead of a deck of cards.

5th Dimension. There isn't just one future like this, there are infinite, you navigate these infinite futures via your thoughts and choices.

6th dimension. All minds are apart of one mind, just as all cells in your body are apart of you. All possible futures and realities for all possible people and other viewers are one object.

This is essentially what Anita Moorjani said she felt when she had a life-changing NDE back in 2006 - that once separated from her body, she was basically just a point of awareness in an "other realm" that felt timeless. Everything connected to each other - it was just a matter of wherever her awareness went. And being "timeless," there was not really a past - everything was essentially all there timelessly...

Although of course in our material frame of reference, we may perceive these same connections sequentially in "spacetime" as "past lives."

• Like 1

"I saw everything!"

OK, like what?

"Everything!"

Ah, I get it.

;)

Atoms show a property called "entanglement", which means it "remembers" and is connected with other atoms it was once bound even when separated by vast distances of space. IE: Entanglement is not dependent upon space or distance at all. So if you consider that we are made of atoms that are entangled, then once these atoms are recycled and reused in another form, they may still have "memory" of previous entanglements.

I was wondering about the whole reincarnation idea. It seems to employ some of the closedmindedness of Christian doctrine, about humankind being the only sentient beings in the universe.

1) How is it that when the idea of reincarnation is used to examine former lives and such, that, apart from a tendency of rare gender change, it's limited to humans?

2) Isn't the 'illusion of time' part of buddhist teachings, too? How comes that a metaphysical idea like reincarnation assumes a linear progression through time?

3) Why is reincarnation involving humans at some point in time limited to planet Earth?

Seems to me that the limited scope of the idea makes it flawed in the same way that Christian teachings can be seen as flawed: only limited to what we currently know empirically.

Rhetorical summary question:

When you die, why shouldn't you reincarnate 5 million years BC as a crystal dragon on Proxima 9?

It's been my experience that reincarnation can take place in the multiverse, it's not a linear time, one earth experience for everyone.

Also, i've run into totems, or spirit animals during meditation. So I assume the conciousness of animals at times moves on after death and survives, at least for some.

@goldisheavy

Then explain to me why no medium in the world seems capable of telling someone about their future lives, or their lives not on this planet, and never or rarely about their lives as animals?

Shouldn't this be a major part of spiritual knowledge, why that is? I haven't found a text dealing with that yet.

Well, just becuase it's not in the mainstream or written down doesn't mean people aren't figuring it out.

Edited by Mokona