Sign in to follow this  
Tatsumaru

Another Weird Health Issue ?

I know you guys aren't doctors, even though I keep asking medical related question but still I could use additional help and some out-of-the-box thinking.

So here's the problem. Right hand blood pressure is 152/52 left hand 99/52. I'm pretty sure something's wrong. I went to a cardiologist, BP was 120/60 then, he said it's fine. ECG and Ultra-Sound were perfect too.

And yet I feel as some disease is in progress. I have these weird palpitations, I can feel my pulse in my fingers, as I type on the keyboard. Sometimes I wake up during sleep and my heart is racing.

Some more info:

My aunt has some heart complications, my father purportedly died of a heart attack (but there was some insurance scam involved so I never found out the real cause of his death). He did have angina pectoris beforehand though.

Now I did suffer from a panic attack after a bad mushroom trip this christmas, so I went to the ER. Nothing special, just some Sodium Chloride infusion for 2 days. Medical review showed no complications whatsoever. Tommorow I'm going to do a full blood panel. I have been vegetarian for the last 4 years so it's possible I might have some deficiency (anemia etc.)

I'm open to suggestions.

I think that if you think of something as weird, it will really become weird

How many threads like this did you make already?

By the way, I used to think of my body as weird while doctors said it was fine. Sometimes I would feel sick for no reason and this other time, while I was like the weakest kid in class and feeling sickish, I sprinted as fast as the fastest kid in class. While I was following him and I ran almost as far as he did but I looked back and realized that this is not normal and no one else was running as fast. Then I felt like my heart stopped.

Sounds like some sort of anxiety issue to me. I think it is somewhat "normal" to have a difference between the two sides of your body, my left side is a lot more contracted and blocked than my right for example which changes the blood flow and heat etc, the majority of us are either born with or develop weaknesses and imbalances in our system, then hopefully the spiritual work we do helps to correct them or helps us to learn to live with them.

Blood pressure fluctuates, that's normal. If you keep taking it over some weeks, you will get a good idea of what's average for you. If you are consistently getting readings within the normal ranges, then the doctors won't be too concerned. You shouldn't be, either...you're still living!

Your diastolic seems a little low if it's going down to 52. Are you sure you're taking it correctly? I would trust a cardiologist taking it more than myself.

If your ECG was fine then contrary to what you think, you don't have palpitations. Stop focusing on whatever weird feelings you have. Cultivate good feelings, like the inner smile.

Anyway, all of your issues sound like things that a TCM doc would be better at resolving. You seem to have some sort of a yang issue (totally not a real diagnosis there) with your hair loss and heart concerns.

Is Qigong the best way to find out if there is some imbalance and correct it ?

There are two TCM doctors here, but I found two articles in the local newspaper that they were frauds so I'm not sure if I should go and talk to them.

I do have anxiety issues, yes. My doctor prescribed me an SNRI, which I haven't started to take yet, because I was thinking of doing some He Shou Wu which is a MAOI and MAOIs and SNRIs don't go together. But maybe I'll go with the SNRI.

Edited by Tatsumaru

Also, the kunlun path truly resolved a lot of the concerning signs and symptoms I used to have (my BP used to be REALLY messed up, I had other strange symptoms including aniscoria).

I recommend Eastern Internal Arts Institute's "Qigong for Self Healing" DVD...really well made, can be done at your own pace, and isn't nearly as boring and useless as other qigong practices.

It takes time to heal these deep things.

I also recommend a lower dantien practice, as long as it makes you feel healthy. The one that I prefer was equally if not moreso healing than the kunlun/yigong method.

Now I did suffer from a panic attack after a bad mushroom trip this christmas, so I went to the ER. Nothing special, just some Sodium Chloride infusion for 2 days. Medical review showed no complications whatsoever. Tommorow I'm going to do a full blood panel. I have been vegetarian for the last 4 years so it's possible I might have some deficiency (anemia etc.)

I'm open to suggestions.

Make sure you get tested for B12

Look into cleaning up your diet

check out Dr Fuhrman http://www.drfuhrman.com/

I do get a lot of supplemental B12 but I'm not sure about the iron. I'll have to check tomorrow.

I'll set up an account with Fuhrman right away.

I mentioned plantain tea in your other thread. Plantain can also lower blood pressure.

If you have anxiety a great thing to take is oatstraw tea. It is packed with vitamins and minerals and can have a very relaxing effect.

If I need a mood pick-me-up, sometimes I'll make a tea with licorice root, peppermint, lemon grass, and oatstraw. Very tasty. People with heart issues should avoid licorice root though, and pretty much check out anything they put in their bodies. You could always skip the licorice root if you're trying to lower blood pressure.

I would have the plantain tea separately though as it might not be as effective when mixed up with all these other herbs. It would go well with lemongrass though.

Again, I'm not a certified ND.

I do get a lot of supplemental B12 but I'm not sure about the iron. I'll have to check tomorrow.

I'll set up an account with Fuhrman right away.

There's a lot of free information on his site.

Interesting / helpful articles

He also has an excellent line of supplements.

If it was plain high blood pressure I would've lost weight, cut down on trans/saturated fat etc. Usually when Systolic and Dyastolic blood pressures go into opposite directions it might be and indication of heart failure.

So here's the problem. Right hand blood pressure is 152/52 left hand 99/52.

I'm open to suggestions.

What did you use for your BP measurements...???

Where did you measure them, at your wrist or arm...???

I know, now-a-days, the hospital measure the BP on the right arm too. Isn't the normal way to measure is on the left arm...???

If it was plain high blood pressure I would've lost weight, cut down on trans/saturated fat etc. Usually when Systolic and Dyastolic blood pressures go into opposite directions it might be and indication of heart failure.

I think either way it would be good to reduce stress and strengthen your lung-metal element since metal cools fire, lungs cool heart. Something gentle like qi gong is perfect for this, but do something that has more movement involved than things like Mantak Chia's systems.

Finding a good Tai Chi instructor would be ideal too as they will keep your commitment to the exercise and improvement going. Find an instructor who also practices TCM ideally.

In the meantime practice deep abdominal breathing with right hand on belly and left hand on chest. Take your time with each breath. This practice will prepare you well for those exercises.. and massage your internal organs.

Also, check out the Hot Tea thread and cut out the coffee if you're big on that. At least buy some decaf if you love the taste too much :wacko::)

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Sign in to follow this