Seth Ananda

Seth is giving up Buddhism!

In the end having the experience does not render one all knowing, rather it renders one more aware of the true understanding of the human condition and the real pretext of the universe.

Aaron

Are you sure? What if everything was the samething,...and if you understood one thing, you would understand everything.

As you "personally ascribe to the Vedanta view of the world more closely than any other"...how about this:

"As long as you are projecting yourself into time and space in your calculations, your measurements, your excuses,...as long as time and space conceptions are consciously or subconsciously occupying your mind, you will not attain enlightenment." Swami Amar Jyoti from the article "Illusion of time, space, and ego"

http://light-of-consciousness.org/

• Like 1

Are you sure? What if everything was the samething,...and if you understood one thing, you would understand everything.

As you "personally ascribe to the Vedanta view of the world more closely than any other"...how about this:

"As long as you are projecting yourself into time and space in your calculations, your measurements, your excuses,...as long as time and space conceptions are consciously or subconsciously occupying your mind, you will not attain enlightenment." Swami Amar Jyoti from the article "Illusion of time, space, and ego"

http://light-of-consciousness.org/

good point. and i also liked this very much

1.The Ultimate Teaching cannot be taught through the senses,

however, by metamorphesizing a winged inner sense,

metasensory Gnowing can reveal,

this mystery to the Heart of our Essence.

2.Space is not understood, but merely perceived as That,

which is filled and unfilled with form;

the Ultimate Teaching is not dependent on object-ivity,

the Whole can only be realized through Wholeness.

3.can a hole be defined by what's around it?

that's not describing the hole;

likewise, Wholeness is unrecognized outside itself,

concepts and forms obscured through illusion.

4.to have a center there must be an boundary,

as the ambits dissolve, the center disperses with it;

the here becomes meaningless without a there,

then the truth of Mind is no longer unfamiliar.

5.what shape and colour is a banana?

absorbing all spectral light and reflecting yellow doesn't make it yellow,

while under a microscope, neither has it a shape, until we think one is there;

the Unborn Mind's essence is beyond shape and form.

6.the predispositions of a thousand eons is incapable

of concealing the Still HeartLight of Life;

similiarly, the self-imposed cycle of suffering has no power

to cloak the HeartLight of Mind's Essence.

7.there is no void nor vaccum in space,

it is either defined or undefined;

although the true essence of Mind is Light,

that StillCauselessLight cannot be seen, only gnown.

8.the essence of Mind resembles space,

in that it embraces all that is perceived;

Rest, and Be a Silent Witness,

for through Love's Stillness, all worlds dissolve.

9.look at the body/form through a microscope,

the Mind which you do not see, transcends that Duality;

Rest Effortlessly upon the hidden jewel that's you,

Letting Go of object-iveness uncovers the Ultimate Teaching.

10.the HeartLight of the Ultimate Teaching cannot be revealed

through New Age discourses or preceptual Scriptures,

neither from the Mantravada, Paramitas or Tripitaka;

the HeartLight of Mind is shrouded by concepts and whimsy's.

11.attachment to morals or immorals cloaks HeartLight's resplendence,

yet by holding ones tongue still, the intellect quiets its fears and hopes;

then the Causeless fulcrum is embraced,

and the efforts of Duality's struggling seesaw vanish.

12.free from the bondage of beliefs,

the fiction of discourse and Scripture become apparent;

the Ultimate Teaching unbounds the bonds of self-repression,

useless suffering and useless pleasure fad away,

and the DiamondLight of the Ultimate Teaching glistens authentically.

13.ancestral fear driven zealots deride the Ultimate Teaching,

theirs is a life not experienced directly,

always viewed from a predisposed past and anticipatory future;

Real Compassion and Authentic Teachers do not avoid,

when either touches your Heart, ecstasy will unfurl.

14.Joy is realized only by Letting Go of the desire for Joy;

desires arise from ordinary knowledge,

they want for things which are not;

In Reality, everything already is.

15.transcending the effects of Duality, all struggle ceases,

the Still Nowness of Life reveals the HeartLight of Mind;

embraced by zero, the origin of ecstasy

where fear filled pasts and hope laden futures never existed.

16.Unborn Mind and Truth are synonymous

to seek truth is to believe there is a lie;

the intent of a path is to get, not to Let Go.

17.Enslaved to illusion and its transient conditions,

Duality, is like a projection on a theaters screen;

belief in the dream entanges the believer in a space-time construct,

yet nature's melody does not exist outside of things.

18.renouncing all social and moral rules,

liking nothing, hating nothing, and repiring in amoral innocense;

aware of Effortlessness is the Sly Man's way to uncovering who we are;

walking without footprints, the Ultimate Teaching is realized.

19.we divide life into self and not self,

the here and there, subject and object;

and then try to intregrate illusion with reality;

Enlightenment is the awareness that there is no Duality.

20.Light is not seen, only the conditions which keep it obscure are seen;

the Light at the Heart of Essence has no beginning nor end;

zero dimension, razer of logic, is the Holder of the Whole,

through Unborn Mind, the illusion of motion is evident.

21.Truth is not a path, but a Stillness,

a passivity not realized through concepts;

concepts are derived and inferred from perception,

perception validates only illusion, not Truth.

22.there is nothing to discover, but only to uncover,

positive and negative do not exist outside intellect;

all situations are neutral and impersonal,

in CauselessNowness the Ultimate Teaching becomes clear.

23.Perception sees itself as the center of the universe

blindly seeking a complete unification with separation;

identification with the universe is an attachment to the dream.

24.Divested cogitation can gaze upon the Unborn Thought,

divesting useless suffering invites Peace,

divesting useless happiness welcomes Love;

fear clings to past as hope clings to future.

25.The nature of a river meanders, reposes, curves and winds,

yet because Nowness is believed to be useless,

predisposition demands that the current follow you, instead of you flow-ing with it,

through that behavior, fulfillment remains elusive.

26.Triggering transformational experience is not difficult;

Connected Breathing, when activated, can jump-start an atrophied thymos,

Fixed Gazes, with auric vision, can open time to be seen as one,

holding the tongue still, can bring Stillnes to thought's sense.

27.Through unfeigned surrender, HeartLight itself, resplendently springs its metanoia;

clear rapture coalesces from tranquility and insight,

a continuum of awakenings dawn real Compassion,

thus Birthing Human Beingness;

Ascension is merely the Letting Go of the descension.

28.Then gaining long-life and eternal youth, waxing like the moon,

Radiant and clear, with the strength of a lion,

You will quickly gain mundane power and suprem enlightenment.

May this Ultimate Teaching,

Remain in the hearts of fortunate beings.

vicente 1988

• add.png

Please forgive me if I've ever implied a "sixth sense experience of light"...the sixth sense, which arises from the sense organ of thinking, cannot directly experience Light.

Mastering one's human-ness (or skandhas) would be noble,...depends on the master. If the master is a product of the skandhas, what's really mastering what?

The human condition usually has the ego drive the vehicle,..so how does one (the non-ego or beyond ego self) take over the driven?

ACIM 6 IV 5 said, "the ego uses the body to conspire against your Mind (in this context the Mind has no relation to intellect), and because the ego realizes that its 'enemy' (the Mind) can end them both (ego and body) merely by recognizing they are not part of You (the Mind), they join in the attack together. This is perhaps the strangest perception of all, if you consider what it really involves.

The ego, which is not real, attempts to persuade the Mind, which is real, that the Mind is ego's learning device; and further, that the body is more real then the Mind is.

No one in their right Mind could possibly believe this, and no one in Their 'right Mind' does believe it"

Considering that,...one needs to uncover their Unborn Awareness, before the senses, especially the Sith Sense, can be truly mastered,...and Light directly recognized.

As for your eschewing,...that's great. Tilopa said, "clear light cannot be revealed, By the canonical scriptures or metaphysical treatises, Of the Mantravada, the Paramitas or the Tripitaka; clear light is veiled by concepts and ideals."

Doesn't matter if that is truth or opinion,...but something to consider if you have yet to uncover a single truth.

V

V

I must admit, I don't read any Buddhist or Vedanta or Taoist texts anymore, well not often and not unless there is something specifically unique to merit my attention. For me the best way to understand what's happening in this world and our place within it, past and present, is to experience it without having an ideology corrupt our perception of it. In that sense I am of the school that the world would be a better place without religions, but also I believe that religions tend to fill a need within the psyche of man.

In regards to the ego and mind, I used to believe that awhile back, but what I've come to understand since I have had my experience with "light" is that there is no ego and no mind, neither are real in an ultimate sense, but rather they are the creations of this world that is very much an illusion. If anything this world is a dream brought about by an ultimate consciousness. We live each day believing we are real, but in fact we are simply the dreams of this being (and I use that term loosely). That's not to say that we should not endeavor to be kind, compassionate, and understanding of one another, in fact the understanding of this fact should prompt one to be more so, for it is only when we have all awakened to this fact that this dream can end, suffering can end, and then it can all begin again.

For me this original consciousness is non-duality, the one that beget two and then three, the creator of heaven and earth, whatever you wish to call it. Mankind has been aware of its existence for millenia but we have always struggled to understand it, simply because it does not exist within the five senses, or even sixth sense of awareness. When one does touch on it, and I have, and I could care less whether other people agree or disagree, then it is even more difficult to explain because the experience cannot be interpreted in a physical sense. I tried over and over to do this but found each explanation more lacking the previous, simply because it is a place where self ceases to exist and your sense of self fades with each passing moment, even then that isn't a correct way of saying it, because there is really no sense of anything passing at all, but rather a stillness where nothing happens. You could say it is quiet, placid, and neutral, but that would not be truthful either. In fact for me it was as if I was nothing and everything in one instance that was every instance. The profound effect this had on me caused me to question much of what I believed, in particular regarding the nature of compassion, love, and knowledge, that somehow all of these were pointless, but what I realized was that my understanding of these concepts up until that point, could not be rectified or compared, that true compassion is something that is done out of a sense of selflessness. The highest form of compassion is not inspired by the heart, but by an innate understanding that you are connected to everything, but you are not everything, that we ease the suffering of others, not because of a vow, but because we understand that allowing another to suffer needlessly is the absolute worst thing one can do to another being. It is not empathy that drives this, but rather sympathy.

I'm sure if I wanted to I could make a great deal of money writing a book about this experience, but in the end it would be senseless and a waste of time for anyone to read it, simply because the discussion does not explain anything about it, since the only way one can truly know it is to experience it. When I hear people talk about dependent origination, non-duality, and many other topics, the conversations always ring hollow, simply because nothing they talk about seems to correspond with the actual experience I had. The closest explanation I've found regarding it are within Vedanta and Zen texts, perhaps because they are less inclined to define it and rather simply explain that it does exist.

With that said, there is nothing inside me that urges me to share this with others in an attempt to ease their suffering or bring them closer to enlightenment, simply because I believe, one way or another, we will all become aware of "it" when it is our time.

I once had a being tell me, "you are here to learn a lesson and when you learn that lesson you will stop coming back." I believe that wholeheartedly now, but I also believe that even what I have learned may not be enough, that the one lesson, the singular truth you talk about, is not true at all, because in order for something to be true, it must also be false. So the lesson I need to learn cannot be true, it cannot be the one and only realization, but rather it is a realization of everything that allows me to say, this is neither here nor there, it is neither hot nor cold, ugly nor beautiful, rather it simply exists within this moment and that this moment is neither past nor future, nor does it depend on time or observation to exist, rather it simply is.

I'm not sure if that makes sense to you.

Anyways, I was wondering if you ever had the chance to read Allan Watts' "The Book – On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are"? I think you might enjoy it. If you ever do get a chance to read it, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

You dig deep into the Western framework and you will be surprised as to how "deeply" the abrahamic traditions have actually shaped it. That includes Western science too. Descartes' statement "Cogito ergo sum" is a direct result of him having to reconcile his religious background with that of Science (as it was in those days). The rift that occurred and has continued ever since is the biggest problem with Modern Science, where the physical world and the mental world are irreconcilably split. Even those who have subscribed to a Post-modern framework or claim to be agnostic/atheist etc have been germinated with the legacy of two systems -- The Greek (Aristotelian -- equation of external appearances with "Goodness" and the rejection of the Middle ground, resulting in Either/Or and Black/White type binary logic) and the Abrahamic (the concept of Sin and the associated collective guilt which has been cultivated into the Western Psyche). Even if someone stands apart from this framework for the sake of "rejecting it", he/she is inadvertently reinforcing it.

:) The fact that you would tend to associate the word with the description is indicative of the ingrained conditioning that you have been subjected to. And I'm not saying in a disparaging way...there are many great things that have sprung from the Western framework, but it is not something that can be used to access the Eastern/Dharmic framework, especially Eastern spirituality. One has to give up all the labels and conditioning of the former to be successful with the latter. There has to be context, a background in the tradition (be it Buddhism or Hinduism or Taoism) to be able to relate to the concepts and modality of thinking that the latter sprung from.

Wisely said......:)

Edited by ChiDragon

Hello 9th,

I get the feeling you might be having a bad day, because normally I don't see you as being so negative in your comments. Regardless I wanted to point out some things regarding your statements. First everything we say to one another is semantics, because semantics is essentially the practice of expressing ideas between each other based on our use of language. Second when you say, " You have said nothing, revealed nothing, communicated nothing", I think what you are really saying is that he has said nothing, revealed nothing, communicated nothing, that you find meaningful/authentic/etc. The mere fact that he has said something means it is something, what you are doing is placing a value on what he says, relative to your own experience. That's fine, mind you, after all, "if all the world saw beautiful as beautiful, that in itself would be ugly", but you should also keep in mind that varied opinions are essential for the human race to evolve and ascend to a higher knowledge of existence. In order to understand non-duality, for instance, one must first experience duality. As far as new-age buzzwords and cliches go, the fact of the matter is that this is your opinion of new-age as well, but not indicative of what new-age actually is. If someone has gained a deeper insight and meaning of life from new-age philosophy and ideology, then why is that any less important than someone who has gained it from what you view as an authentic practice? There is no complete joke, except that the joke may be that someone has missed the importance that new-age ideas have in regards to their own experience, in other words you have gained a deeper insight of your own practices by comparing them to the new-age movements views. In other words, something good has come from the new-age movement, in particular your ability to view their ideas and deduce for yourself, an idea of what you believe to be true or untrue.

Perhaps the greatest joke of all, though, is this belief in truth and untruth, because in the end that is semantic masturbation as well.

Aaron

Lots of talk, very little walk. Go ahead and celebrate this if you wish.

• Like 1

This is just you making more excuses. You really think I have some sort of "Western" lens when reading from other traditions? Or any sort of "lens" when reading material from other traditions? Sorry, I talk from experience. Experience that has led me to eventually accepting Buddhism.

Advaita Vedanta has the non-dual aspect, but it still identifies with an "Ultimate Background." There is still a "thingness" something inherently "there." I have found through my experience that this is still the karmic seeds, the propensities to want to "rest in" or "abide" in something. Though experience is non-dual and non-conceptual, there is still the "I AM" manifesting itself as a "doer" that links each action, experience, or moment.

Understanding the emptiness aspect of phenomena does away with this completely, in order to come to the understanding that "awareness" is the manifestations itself. No "source" to fall back on, nothing to "rest in," or "abide in." This is the spontaneousness and naturalness of experience, as manifestations arise according to causes and conditions. No background "mirror" or "awareness" for things to "arise in," just manifestations. No linking of an "I" or an "I AM" in each sensate experience. In seeing, just seeing; in thinking, just thinking; in hearing, just hearing. The "dust" itself is "buddha-nature." Presence in accord with conditions. It is understood that when this arises it is so, when that ceases it is so. This is the "suchness" of every moment as it arises and ceases. This is the Maha nature of phenomena. Not bounded in any "who-when-where" scheme. It is when we fully embrace the "emptiness" nature of experience/phenomena, it is understood that the arising and ceasing of phenomena is where awareness is. These conditions and awareness has always been inseparable.

No inherent "thing" changing, just the constant flux. No changing "thing," only change. This is the impermanence aspect. The "selfless" process of change is experienced as bliss. All things are experienced in all their vivid manifestations in each passing moment, without reifying or depreciating anything; without adding or subtracting anything from our experience. All things are experienced in their Maha wonder. The spontaneous nature of arising is "self-so," it has always just been Presence according to conditions.

You know that Buddhism teaches something different than other "Hindu" philosophies. That difference being emptiness and no-self. It does not discuss Ultimate Reality, but "Ultimate Truth." This is why in your sig it say's "Buddhism not fixated on Anatta" and why you think D.O is a fallacy. You know that if you were to talk to a Vedantist about anatta and D.O, that they would reject anatta and D.O; just as you do. Advaita Vedanta borrows a lot of the same terminology from Buddhism, but it is still describing something different. The experience is still more "Brahma" than the "interconnectedness" of D.O.

As someone who first started out in Taoism, I can see now the remarkable similarities when reading it's texts compared to Buddhism. Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching starts from the natural and spontaneous way, without discussing "levels" which is something Buddhism does. I am indebted to the Buddha for his teachings, for helping me to get rid of any such inherent and dualistic notions in order to experience the spontaneous nature of phenomena; which is the spontaneous flow of conditions: The "natural state" of what is.

Dont take my word for it...you will understand soon enough :)

Peace...

Lots of talk, very little walk. Go ahead and celebrate this if you wish.

Sigh... someone is still a bit grouchy. It's up to you, if you feel like being an ass and demeaning and degrading people, simply because they say things you don't like, then so be it.

*dance* *dance* *wave arms in air* *gettin' jiggy wid it*

Aaron

Jesus H christ! 8 pages dedicated to Seth Ananda's giving up of Buddhism. If you weren't narcissistic before Seth, by now I'm sure you are.

But judging by the thread I'm sure you are. I don't understand why this is even a thread, let alone having 8 pages. Sorry if I'm attacking everyone's savior. :lol:

Are we really supposed to give a damn about a stranger renouncing buddhism?

How the fuck does this guy get people to care so much? :lol:

8 pages over this topic is a little bit high. But seriously, continue, I'd really like to see how many pages this thread will accumulate. :lol:

Edited by LaughingNumbSkull
  • Like 2

Oh, really?

Can't say this any better, so I'm taking this from xabir's blog:

"...it is about the thorough ending of reification so that there is an instant recognition that the ‘agent’ is extra, in actual experience it does not exist. It is an immediate realization that experiential reality has always been so and the existence of a center, a base, a ground, a source has always been assumed..."

"...there must also be a total new paradigm shift in terms of view; we must free ourselves from being bonded to the idea, the need, the urge and the tendency of analyzing, seeing and understanding our moment to moment of experiential reality from a source, an essence, a center, a location, an agent or a controller and rest entirely on anatta and Dependent Origination."

I think you are the only one who frequents here and truly gets it experientially. But without the right conditions and karmic affinity, it is difficult to communicate something to others. As I said... I only talk about these stuff to those who are interested to contemplate things in their own experience.

Thusness once told me quite a long time ago (probably early last year) that there are some in this forum who have rather deep insights (though by far I think you are the clearest) and Dwai is one of them, however Dwai is very deep into his Self experience (in terms of I AM up to Non-Dual but from the perspective of One Mind), too steeped into the Hindu framework, he has his own Hindu teachers so Buddhism may not resonate with him (as part of his interests stated is 'Buddhism not fixated on Anatta' even though Anatta is one of the central teachings of Buddhism), plus he noted that Dwai's 'yuan' (conditions/karmic affinity) is not with him (Thusness). As you may know, we had hundreds of pages of discussions many years ago of the True Self vs No Self sort that leads nowhere because we all have different understanding.

As I wrote in another forum DhO recently to someone (probably deep into the I AM realization and experience),

Hello Mahaparinirvana Sutra, I get a sense that if I engage in any discussions further it will devolve into some kind of tiresome No Self vs True Self debate, one in which I have engaged in long ago and from my experience does not lead anywhere (because our view and experience differs), going on for hundreds and thousands of posts, inconclusively in TheTaoBums forum with others from Vedanta (who have realized the Atman-Brahman). I have realized that such discussions serve no purpose because even though I am able to explain how the scriptures support my understanding, that will never change the other person unless that other person is open to it, investigate it for himself experentially, and then come to an experiential understanding of what anatta is (which is not the 'neti neti' dissociation of Vedanta to find a true self). So it is more useful and practical to go into that direction rather than a "Theoreticians and Traditionalists" debate, as in the end, how we see the sutras are in the beholder's eyes, and to me all the sutras start to make a lot of sense and become non-contradictory when experiential realization of anatta and emptiness arose.

Suffice to say:

1) I have undergone the realization and experience of I AM

2) This is followed by non-dual, anatta, emptiness/dependent origination, insights which a) does not reject the undeniable luminous presence in I AM but 2) clarifies the view deeper, in the fashion stated by the old masters, "keep the experience but refine the view"

3) all my experiences and insights can be found in my e-journal which is very long ( http://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-e-booke-journal.html ), but first of all you should start with this shorter, more essential and compact article by my friend/teacher Thusness since my path and insights are rather identical with his: http://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com/2007/03/thusnesss-six-stages-of-experience.html

And no, I repeat again, Emptiness is not a position, it is merely a rejection of positions, not an asserting of some absolute essence. In other words, emptiness means that our deluded view about self, and objects, are false, thus rejecting such views, but does not say about an 'Emptiness' that 'exists on its own'. Imagine seeing a mirage - to say the mirage is graspable out there is false (mirage being empty of substance), or to say mirage has a core or substance out there is false (mirage being empty of substance), but you do not say that there is an existing 'emptiness' in the mirage. 'Emptiness' is not a thing in itself, but the substance-less, corelessness, of selves and things.

I do not need to base on concepts, scriptures, theories, since an experiential realization of the way things are is enough to dissolve all doubts. However, whatever I said is of course in line with the scriptures, but I do not wish to go into that direction since this forum values experience and insights and phenomenology more over purely theoretical or scholarly discussions.

p.s. Thusness was asked to join the Dark Zen organisation when he was in the I AM phase. That was plenty of years ago tho, around 15 years ago when he was heavily involved in online bbs.

One last point: Mahaparinirvana Sutra is one very lengthy scripture which was written over a long period of time, and you can actually see different authors editing and adding contents over periods of time (in the sense that its contents evolve)... like other Mahayana sutras ( http://sgforums.com/forums/1728/topics/378306 ). Therefore to rely on the authority of scriptures purely is unwise (since we can never know who wrote them) but with wisdom, we will naturally be able to see whatever truth is there.

Also, I told someone else from DhO (one of the moderators) by email recently,

C: ...ah right, that makes sense. they are all certainly useful things to perfect... and there does seem to be the mistaken assumption that as soon as you are AF you reach some kind of moral perfection as well.. it might be true insofar as you can no longer act with malicious intent, but there is certainly still lots to be learned about how to deal with others, how best to instruct them, when + when not to engage in debate, etc. i noticed this trend on the DhO.. Trent, for example, had some older posts (after he got AF) where he engages at length with others to help them, which end with the other side not being benefited. and EndInSight did the same right after he got AF, though he still posts a lot.. i notice tarin+trent post less debate-wise and seem to only engage with practitioners who are already sincere + have AF as their goal. which might make sense from a practical stand-point... first help those who want to get free and are in-line with it, get free, first, as there are a good amount of them already...

My reply: That is great and something we should learn from. Thusness too very rarely post nowadays – only doing so on rare occasions after meditating on their conditions and practice (he told me he sit, meditate, and observe that person’s conditions, whatever that means or however he does that), and if he sees some potential or conditions for that person to be awakened by him he might post something to the other person, and in fact at one point he asked me something like, “has anyone I spoken to not attained insights/awakening as a result of conversing with me”? After considering the numerous people he spoke to, it is surprising that yes, every single person he spoke to actually attained to a high degree of insight as a result of conversing with him, and several times spontaneously just by reading his posts (including Thusness 7 stages which was written to someone that Thusness knew had all the conditions to breakthrough – the person he wrote to immediately and intuitively realized non-duality after reading one of the passages). Therefore, Thusness does not speak in vane, only when all the conditions are ripe. This cannot be said for me however, and therefore, I do not have the skillfulness of Thusness in that sense. A Buddha on the other hand will have perfect skillfulness.

Edited by xabir2005

Haha see... this is why Thusness said Dwai's conditions is not with him. You see, even if Thusness were to discuss his experience (like what you quoted), it will be taken as bullshit to someone without conditions.

This is why it is said (based on scriptures) that Buddhas don't save those without conditions.

Edited by xabir2005

This guy, Greg Goode, is someone who has a very deep karmic connection with Buddha.

This is why even though he had deep insight into I AM and One Mind through Advaita practice (focusing on Sri Atmananda's Direct Path teachings), when he saw the Buddha, he felt intense devotion, resonance and connection with the Buddha and he 'broke down crying'...

Now he is studying Madhyamaka, Dependent Origination and Emptiness, taking Buddhist teachings very seriously.

Those without karmic connection will not see it so easily.

My karmic connection to Thusness is so strong that he was able to teach me in dreams, very profound and important things that aided me in realization - messages that foretold and adviced on what I am going to experience and realize in the following weeks to come, especially during times I do not have much time to meet up with him or talk with him (such as during my basic military training period). This is not possible if I had not had the connection with him - he informed me it was only possible because I had a sort of connection with him similar to Vajrayana's guru-student mind connection.

Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche talks about this sort of dream-teaching [how he was able to receive teachings from his guru and other awakened beings in dreams] in details in his book 'Dream Yoga'.

Edited by xabir2005
  • Like 1

Jesus H christ! 8 pages dedicated to Seth Ananda's giving up of Buddhism. If you weren't narcissistic before Seth, by now I'm sure you are.

But judging by the thread I'm sure you are. I don't understand why this is even a thread, let alone having 8 pages. Sorry if I'm attacking everyone's savior. :lol:

8 pages over this topic is a little bit high. But seriously, continue, I'd really like to see how many pages this thread will accumulate. :lol:

:lol:

Honestly, I could care less that Buddhism would give up on Seth, I am more interested in the what Vmarco is trying to convey. If anything :P

• Like 1

Very Caustic...

If you look really carefully [the bleeding obvious] you may notice that I simply Informed my Buddhist friends here that I am stopping being a Buddhist and said why.

Then Vmarco decided to chime in, and the conversation ceased to be anything at all about me giving up Buddhism, as it became about why Buddhists [Vmarco's Buddhism] are right and why everyone else is wrong, and I myself have not posted for pages till now, as the conversation became pretty boring for me...

So I give you an E- on your analysis of this thread.

• Like 6

Very Caustic...

If you look really carefully [the bleeding obvious] you may notice that I simply Informed my Buddhist friends here that I am stopping being a Buddhist and said why.

Then Vmarco decided to chime in, and the conversation ceased to be anything at all about me giving up Buddhism, as it became about why Buddhists [Vmarco's Buddhism] are right and why everyone else is wrong, and I myself have not posted for pages till now, as the conversation became pretty boring for me...

So I give you an E- on your analysis of this thread.

Well at least you didn't give him an F. I really don't think there was anything narcissistic about your thread, aside from referring to yourself in the third person, but that's just a sign that you know who "you" are and not any kind of personality disorder, I'm hoping. :)

Aaron

Edited by Twinner