Protector

My Little Pony

Here's a forum I definitely will not continue to be active in:

http://www.mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8259

(read on - the first responder was so manipulative as to edit her first post later-on - one of the many things wrong with the reception there)

This is a prime example of what a brony community should not be like. Being a fan of a show that powerfully encourages character virtues and then being too thick to live up to at least a minimum is unfortunately not a small phenomenon. That one thread shows so much (self-)unawareness and combination of pretty much all repulsive character traits imaginable... it simply became so unreal to me that at some point I didn't see a point trying to reason anymore.

They think they can be a dick and spoiler towards new joining people and demand respect from them for that. The amount of hypocrisy in that thread almost surpasses that of the US government, if that's an indication for you.

I realize most of them there are very young, but that shouldn't mean they get a free pass to celebrate their immaturity.

It's a problem amplified by the nature of internet forums though.

This might also be a phenomenon based on something that, while used in a derogatory way by haters, I'd have to confirm in a factual way: I've encountered a great number of bronies / MLP fans that suffer from things like ADD, autism and Asperger's. And my former experiences in World of Warcraft taught me that the most sensitive people can be the biggest assholes. That's why it's important to try and make an effort not to be, to not use one's sensitivity as a constant excuse.

I really didn't expect a brony forum to act like one of the most messed up WoW guilds I've ever encountered.

Edited by Owledge

Brony fandom is just a small offshoot of the furry fandom, complete with all the same attitude problems and weirdos. Sorry you had to be exposed to the nasty side :/ My fave part was when they started defending whether or not they were a brony by listing all the pointless bullshit they bought

Well, from now on I'll make a clear distinction between "brony" and "mlp fan". Because brony is a merge of bro and pony, and I won't call someone a brony who doesn't inspire to be called a bro or sis.

I've seen a guy on Youtube who calls himself a brony and whose rants about haters are making himself a prime example of a hater and an arrogant prick.

I don't like elitism, but I have to realize that just like in most other fandoms, core principles seem to also only be lived by a small core of people. It gets mushy towards the suburbs.

I mean really, it seems that the first obstacle for many MLP fans is even noticing the values conveyed in the show. This usually goes with admiring them, which takes no effort at all. Actually living up to them, or at least trying to, seems to be a wholly different level.

You will find bronies who are preaching about the magic of friendship, but when put to the test, you realize they're braniac beancounters who think magic is bullshit.

Take the alicorn Twilight debate where I point out how hurtful it would be if Twily heard how they think about her transformation, or any other reference where I try to encourage 'bronies' to take the message of the show to heart, and I get a response like "It's just a goddamn show! It's not real!". From 'bronies'.

So much roleplaying. People playing the role of the kind of person they'd like to be so that they don't have to actually become that person. Any remark that might make them remember the gap between this imagined world and the real world will be received like an insult. People don't like to be reminded of how they're bullshitting themselves, but it's such a widespread minefield that eventually you might step on one by accident.

yep, and furries say they want to be animals while being afraid of stuff like camping and dehumanizing people for petty things like smelling bad or chewing too loudly. People spend thousands of dollars on fursuits to RP as an animal and then do nothing but worry about them getting dirty

Now here's a good brony comic:

http://iamarg.com/2013/07/08/partyofone/

It's funny because it's true.

P.S.: I managed to completely miss the hypocrisy in the two arm tattoos until someone made a really dumb comment.

Two words: uranium ammo

Edited by Owledge

omg you guys, OMG

s4 looks so totally sweet!

also, wtf? the youtube url says "c0ma" at the end of it o.O.....

I don't know why people are so impatient that they're even releasing this. I want to be completely surprised and not know in advance what episodes will be about. Soon a horde of bronies will spread this everywhere.

This is all an ailment of the mind.

One could even say that waiting feverishly and impatiently for season 4 like there's nothing else in the world kinda disses the creative community that is coming up with new awesome stuff every day.

I mean, I have a lot of time on my hands, and there's no way I can take in even half of all the good pony fan material. It's a beautiful abundance.

Edited by Owledge

Total awesomeness overkill:

Equestria Girls song ... Aviators remix

I asked about the whole background story for that video, because they unskillfully omitted that info from the video description and apparently their blog (unless it's buried somewhere deep in the many pages of that blog; I only skimmed it). They asked people to send questions via e-mail. Haven't received a reponse yet. No FAQ in the blog.

After a month of no creative drive, I recently made some new lolpics and just now a video:

http://cheezburger.com/7694269696

http://cheezburger.com/7710268160

http://cheezburger.com/7711315968

http://cheezburger.com/7713503232

http://cheezburger.com/7721304064

You unlock this door with a lack of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A demention of an unsound side of the mind. You're moving into a subtrance of both words and shadows, of thinking and ideas. You just crossed over into the Twily Zone.

Edited by Owledge

So I saw this horrible thing but I don't want to post it because it's a horrible thing

If you wanted to see a horrible thing, then I owe you one

Wow I had no idea this forum was full of bronies, lol and to think if I would ever come across one, I stumbled upon a brony nest!

Lol, well i give all u a massive brohoof! I guess there's something really special about My Little Pony, never seen it myself, i'm probably missing out.

Edited by Colonel Goji

Hay there!

Well, I wouldn't say full of bronies. Only a few people in this thread. But what we don't have in numbers, we make up for in quality and quantity of activity.

Definitely give the first few episodes a try.

/)

I will, actually just looked on Netflix and they have My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I'm assuming that is where to start. A show like this is indeed rare to comeby!

Edited by Colonel Goji

I don't know whether Netflix is subscription-based these days or single payment. In any case, if money is not an issue, that's probably the right way to go about it. The show is available on Youtube, kinda tolerated more or less since Hasbro is making its money mainly by selling toys. That's a blessing for cases where other means are for some reason not feasible.

And after all, much of the creative output of the fandom is based on material that's not obtained in a strictly legal way. Hell, even if you buy a DVD and rip it and make some pony videos with it, it could be considered illegal, since DVD ripping is considered that.

It shows that going with the changing demands of customers, markets and society is a wise choice for businesses, and if the product is good, there's no need to worry.

There's a chance this is already in the 57 pages of MLP already. If so apologies. Its pretty good.