ATMA

Judging Others

Until one gets into one's own impersonal tao and eliminates karmic influences, one's tao is conditioned.

An enlightening being's tao is one and the same. As one enters into and activates Virtue, it is not only a matter of transcendent knowledge but of using selfless nonpsychological awareness, which is spiritual. If we then use it to match potential in ordinary conditioned cycles of karmic energy (we call that a "situation"), judgments, per se, become superfluous in the light of immediate acquiescence.

As far as judgement goes… Judgement is based on experience. The only way to get experience is to screw up. Making judgments and acting without experience is the only way to learn. It is most useful to assess objectively and act impersonally in situations— so as to maintain unminding. All manner of expression is valid in terms of unminding. If one's penetration of virtue is sufficient and solidified, selfless objectivity is discerning and one's expression effects a strategy of economy.

Openness and sincerity are crucial touch-stones for dealing with situations without necessitating conditional judgement-reflexions.

Those actually entering into and working through critical phases of alchemic practice must be wary of exercising intellectualism in everyday ordinary situations. Mara, the personification of conditional natural killing energy in karmic cycles is throwing everything it can to prevent the florescence of impersonal consciousness. Intellectualism is entertaining views i.e., judgments, opinions and thoughts of self and other.

Exercising external political correctness (for those adherents of convention) is philistine. Not that an enlightening being would find any advantage in flaunting the unconventional in the streets. Not only because enlightening qualities are best kept concealed~ but because enlightening beings don't occupy anything~ nor does anything occupy them.

Objectively assess oneself first; then assess other. If one knows oneself and other, that knowledge is objective; only then one can act or desist impersonally. Judge a person based on the person. Judge a situation base on the situation. It's not a matter of feelings or opinions— maybe it's like being that lazy cat.❤

ed note: my editor (Prof. Marblehead) prompted a full rewrite. So I did!

Edited by deci belle

Until one gets out of their own personal tao ...

It sure would be nice if you could clean up the wordage and thought flow of that post because I think it is a great comment to the subject of judging.

Some Buddhists say that the deepest intention behind every single thing that we ever do in life is from the intention to be happy and avoid suffering, so it is a compassionate intention even if the resulting action or thinking lacks wisdom and causes more suffering and unhappiness the original intention is positive, so if you look at people from this level you can't condem people or judge anything they do as ultimately good or bad rather if negative consequences arise they just lack wisdom.

It sure would be nice if you could clean up the wordage and thought flow of that post because I think it is a great comment to the subject of judging.

i sowwies!!❤

How 'bout~ "…until one gets into one's own impersonal tao…"

deepest intention behind every single thing that we ever do in life is from the intention to be happy and avoid suffering

What is lacking wisdom in this case is ordinary habitual craving grasping and calculating self-gratification of endless desires. This is to be pitied in others and swept away in oneself.

ed note: add Jetsun's quote and following comment.

Edited by deci belle

:( I thought it was a great post and very clear and , decibelle, am grateful to you for being clear about conditioned tao.

What is lacking wisdom in this case is ordinary habitual craving grasping and calculating self-gratification of endless desires. This is to be pitied in others and swept away in oneself.

Indeed. This, and your great quote in your new thread, hone in on how calculating and contrivance are counter to the nature of what is sage. Very helpful.

Using 'tao' without 'te' and 'sage' in our ways of attempting to understand or sit = easy way of misunderstanding.

• Like 1

ed note: my editor (Prof. Marblehead) prompted a full rewrite. So I did!

Yes indeed! You hit on the important concepts very well this time, I think.

Thanks for doing that!!!

I couldn't agree with this more. The ones who have taken the time to give themselves a full and deep assessment are capable of seeing the other without the scales on the eyes. To judge a person, to me, just tells me how to relate around that person. Always with love, but love means lots of different things in different situations. To judge them (actually, see them as they 'are') isn't for the purpose of loathing them or discarding them; rather it's for the purpose of developing a line of communication with them.

❤!!