Sign in to follow this  
Everything

How to "want" to do something

I can see how difficult it is to put this into words...to go backward in understanding. There is something inside me that goes backward too - I have used the metaphor of standing in a stream, facing downstream, yet walking backward upstream. That is just the description of the 'dynamic', not a discussion of exactly what it is that I seem to be tunneling backward into.

But when we get to a certain point, it does involve a tunneling backward into ourselves. We find that when we lose our judgment of everything and everybody, our vision gains clarity and we become 'as children' in some ways. The Nazarene, whom I see as an enlightened one, talked about the quality that children have that we must return to if we want to become enlightened. (He talked much more about individual enlightenment in the Nag Hammadi Gospels, as opposed to the normally used tome.) Those were the ones Constantine didn't want folks to see...they do not focus on Jesus being 'the intermediary' through which everyone must go to avoid a fiery hellpit. Perhaps that viewpoint helped control the hordes, I don't know.

But he does talk about returning to the child in our innocence; to weed those things out of our character which need to be weeded, to return to the Original Human Being. To me, there is a definite sense of 'going back to the beginning', or something like that. And it seems that is man's quest as well - going back to the beginning - trying to understand the Big Bang. This very question, who are we and where are we going?, seems to extend not only to the individual psyche but to the understanding of the universe as well. One being a microcosm, the other a macrocosm of the same thing. We are merely made of stardust, an offshoot of the sun, at our very basest physical component.

Hehe, I think I did not gave the right words. I ment more like I was confused more then when I first began. I understand things better now, so the questions change. Deeper understanding gives birth to more questions.

You could do that too.

What I meant is that with constant practise you learn to follow your intuition well, and clear the mind not necessary through thinking but on psychic level - that is why I reccomended taking on a constant practise daily of any technique of your choice and doing it.

Applying what you learn in daily life. This plus introspections is the medicine that does wonders.

Also maybe do a lot of physical work or and spend long time daily outdoors could help you. It just feels as the right antidote to your thinking. :)

Sorry if I am totally wrong and sound as if I am talking nonsense.

Just to let you know that this is something I used to struggle with till my early/mid twenties and it really was a big problem, for me. Untill I took some spiritual practies up and first time in my life did something consitently and still doing it daily .It changed my life totally ,to unimaginable extent.

However you may find something different that snaps you out of your current mindset.

Best of luck,

sun

Its not like I'm thinking too much though. On these forums I have to be all intellectual since we can only type words. So here on these forums I do nothing but communicate on a intellectual level, even when talking about the emotional aspects of our lifes.

I'm not sure how meditation can help me achieve a goal which require activities that are complex and not desired by me. I tried meditation, it feels great, relaxing, calms the mind from too much thought. We need meditation from time to time. I'm not sure what it will do for motivation though.

After meditating I do seem to be able focus longer on things I don't want to do. I can apply more conscious effort to keep focusing on these things. Is that what you mean?

Edited by Everything

Hi Everything,

This is my 2cts worth as a quick note in the middle of my busy days.

I was caught in the same bad trip as you seem to be and found no relief at all in all the self-help and self-empowering mental methods.

But as soon as I began qigong, I was filled with more and more energy to a point where all this mental turmoil vanished. My energetic system was more balanced, my organs well nourished with fresh energy. Consequence: I had again some will power(zhi), clearer thinking to get things done properly.

My conclusion is: cultivate qi without too much thinking and see for yourself. Everything (no pun intended but find it good :)) is qi-based.

Be well

Edited by bubbles

Everything,

So what is your thing spiritually? Do you have a practise or like reading about philosophy or exploring or something else?

What I am saying employ what you read about , put the philosphy into action. It is like a recipe for living worth expirimenting with.

Bubbles explained better than me about benefits of spiritual practise.

Hi Everything,

This is my 2cts worth as a quick note in the middle of my busy days.

I was caught in the same bad trip as you seem to be and found no relief at all in all the self-help and self-empowering mental methods.

But as soon as I began qigong, I was filled with more and more energy to a point where all this mental turmoil vanished. My energetic system was more balanced, my organs well nourished with fresh energy. Consequence: I had again some will power(zhi), clearer thinking to get things done properly.

My conclusion is: cultivate qi without too much thinking and see for yourself. Everything (no pun intended but find it good :)) is qi-based.

Be well

Thanks, I'll have to atleast do that I guess. Both you and suninmyeyes are recommending it.

Any recommendation for a beginner like me? Where I should start or how I should learn?

Thanks, I'll have to atleast do that I guess. Both you and suninmyeyes are recommending it.

Any recommendation for a beginner like me? Where I should start or how I should learn?

Hi Everything,

I proceeded in a very step by step manner.

First I worked with Lam Kam Chuen material (the way of energy book) and followed it precisely ( I pratciced only 2 standing postures in six months).

After 6 months or so I bought this dvd

which I recommend strongly. Don't be put off by the appearance, the set Master Liu Xiao Ling is teaching is really really good.

Don't rush, proceed little by little especially at first, but stick to it. In the end, you won't be able to do without it! :D

Best qi

• Like 1

nowadays, my only desire is to leave this earth..

any "advise"?

You mean you are depressed?

The first thing is to become angry. Block anger enough and you will depress. Get angry real bad and see why you're angry. Your body is trying to tell you something.

If that is not depression but a goal, I advice to connect other things to that goal that are related with it. For example, make a circle around "leave this world" and put it in the middle. Then connect other circles around it, like "go to moon with rocket", "become a lucid dreamer", "move into the 4th dimension".

Then again, connect circles around thise circles aswell, goals around goals.

"to moon with rocket"-((study science, become fit)

"move into the fourth dimension"(meditate on oobe, investigate nature of reality)

You have to break down your one desire or lifes purpose into smaller goals/steps. Its good that you have one desire alone, that is masterful. Now you can break it down and you will have complimentary parts all the time.

Edited by Everything

You mean you are depressed?

The first thing is to become angry. Block anger enough and you will depress. Get angry real bad and see why you're angry. Your body is trying to tell you something.

If that is not depression but a goal, I advice to connect other things to that goal that are related with it. For example, make a circle around "leave this world" and put it in the middle. Then connect other circles around it, like "go to moon with rocket", "become a lucid dreamer", "move into the 4th dimension".

Then again, connect circles around thise circles aswell, goals around goals.

"to moon with rocket"-((study science, become fit)

"move into the fourth dimension"(meditate on oobe, investigate nature of reality)

You have to break down your one desire or lifes purpose into smaller goals/steps. Its good that you have one desire alone, that is masterful. Now you can break it down and you will have complimentary parts all the time.

Not depressed nor angry.

I just feel very happy at the thought of leaving Earth.

Maybe what you think you want isn't what you really want.

Maybe what you are trying to tell yourself that you want isn't what you really want.

How about instead of trying to fix yourself, you take note of what is. What is it you really want? What is it you really want to avoid that's preventing you from doing stuff? Maybe you find and explore what it is you really want, before you start trying to fix yourself into doing what you think you "should" be doing.

Not depressed nor angry.

I just feel very happy at the thought of leaving Earth.

Me aswell. To reach the top of the hill, just to see whats on the other side. Extreme curiosity can trap you in your mind sometimes.

Don't dwell too much on the thought though. Try to live it in the present moment. Imagining a possible future, recalling a possible past, they're both the same part of your creative imagination. Recalling a memory is an act of imagination and imagining a future is also an act of imagination.

You can be happy imagining you reach a goal you have, but contemplate the journey you are walking even more. The journey is the experience which is most important. It is real, always with you. It is your path and you're always walking on it. Some people just walk one path and only see the destination, not knowing how many path's lead to the same destination with less effort! Pick your path wisely. The path is your experience of reaching the goal. The path will determine what experience you'll have. Sometimes you can stop trying to reach the goal and switch your path. Going from a path with lots of sharp objects to a path that feels soft, kind and without resistance under your feet. Like grass.

One time this guy looked in the mirror and saw an ugly man. He let himself go and no longer cared. Then as his cup was empty, he sought a new road to walk upon once more. This time he would choose a happy road. The creation of the road is in observing it to reality. You fill your cup of knowing with positive things untill its filled, so that there is no more room for negative knowings. He saw himself for the first time in a long time in the mirror and started talking to him self. Growing his ego like a newborn child would. He was very nice to the mirror and the mirror reflected this back! It was amazing how strong the vibe became in the moment. He would never forget how awesome the guy in the mirror was. Till today, he is still managing the friendship with this reflection of himself. Never did they disagree on anything! They were always there for eachother, best friends for life!

The reflect or image you have of yourself is the road you walk upon. On a rainy day you can see it on your path. Change yourself and your reflection changes, change your reflection and you change yourself aswell.

Some people believe that everything is a reflection of yourself.

Edited by Everything

Sloth is a vice. It may require you to be a bit more aggressive than you're normally comfortable with in order to conquer it.

There is a passage in The Old Testament that says "a lazy man turns back and forth in bed. He is a door on a hinge." A door on a hinge moves back and forth doing the same thing, not getting anywhere, so you've got to force yourself to break free of the vice, the hinge, the inertia.. Be prepared for people comfortable in their comfort zone to feel threatened by your initiative, as you may have to walk through their calm waters in the process... How do you build a foundation without breaking ground?

nowadays, my only desire is to leave this earth..

any "advise"?

We are not here to validate this kind of desire in anyway.

If you need professional help - and I sincerely think you need it- you won't find it here. Ask your Medical Doctor or a psychologist.

I warned you in another thread about falling into some symptom listed in the DSM IV. Here we are. I am sorry for that.

Please:

(1) acknowledge you need help and

(2) go consult.

Edited by bubbles

Take away God or Nothingness (Don't bring them into the picture).

The desire/no desire you feels or see is illusional.

The desire of 'not wanting to do something' is still a desire.

A desire to overcome that desire of 'not wanting to do something' is also a desire.

It's your will against your will;

The Dao is not about your will.

Like many have said;

Just Do What Needs Done.

Don't talk about transcending 'Desire'.

Take things as it come and goes.

Be With Care

smile.gif

I can't see how I have overlooked your reply, its so obvious.

I desire not to do the I am Trying to desire! There is no trying. There is always a 100% of desire in something. Desire comes from a believe that something is pleasurable / painful.

If want to create a desire, I have to redifine that action to being more pleasurable. For example, taking the trash out can be a unique experience. It can be so wonderful to experience the smell and stunk, because we don't do it so often. I can lift the trash up and down as I go take it out, to train my arms! Taking out the tradh becomes a mini worktout. Then I can take in the fresh oxigen outside and even talk to people outside. So many fresh faces out there!

See... It is really easy to redefine any event in your life to make it more pleasurable. It says under your name "happily delusioned" he answer was written in your avatar all along :lol:

Edited by Everything

I find its useful to not think in terms of a specific goal, but in terms of a specific habit. The habit is where the fruit lies, specific goals are things to be gotten and discarded.

Focus and work on a habit that will get you where you want to go. Make it a path that infuses many aspects of your life.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this