Sign in to follow this  
suninmyeyes

what is it that you find spiritually inspiring at the moment?

Or what was it that you ever found most spiritually inspirin ? Or what are you into right now? And why? How did it affect you?

You maybe into for example qigong but find really beneficial right now working with some new idea you may have read somwhere or your friend told you about..What is it and why?

Can you reccomend a link, book etc.that was especially beneficial or inspiring on the path?(would be nice to get some reccomendations like this ;):) )

Doing any interesting research or spiritual study at the moment? What is it?

Share your inspiration any way you like, becouse it was(is) strong enough to move something in you.

Thanks upfront to anyone who participates.

Hopefully ALL will answer and inspire. :)

Inspiring Now: "Empty Force" Qi Gong

"Into" now: All manner of Qi/Chi cultivation and sharing.

Why: Long story short: Infinity/eternalness; ("The") All Encompassing Infintisimal Omniversal Unity (of all things).

Elaboration: At a young age (11-13) my mind dove "head" first into the deep end of infinity, allowing endless ideas to rise and fall and circulate and take form. I pondered deeply and often on the nature of reality, existence, the universe, the world, and life, and found connections in and through these ideas/places, that there are no "disconnecteds".

In short, the smallest most infintisimally small point is the mirror image of, or more exactly no different than/identical to, the most infintisimally large area/feild/point. ... and that they build each other in a sort of "loop with no beginning or end", where even in transversing from smallest to largest one does not come "full circle" but goes infinitely on forward... and yet where circular paths can still exist.

I dabble in "learn by experience, and explore it all for yourself" and would reccomend it to everyone who wishes to advance further than the books and teachers can guide them through, for as in all teachings, it is upon the individual to take the steps forward.

This method is by no means intended to cut out the "middle man", the books and teachers, but to expound upon them on your own efforts, rather than waiting for the lessons concerning the questions, by just diving into the deep end of infinity.

Reading this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sogyal-rinpoche/khandro-tsering-chodron-in-memory-of-an-extraordinary-buddhist-master_b_968647.html inspired me to restart working on a practice of generating compassion, but I already posted that in the Buddhist section so for something new this is a clip of a film they are making about Joseph Campbell http://findingjoethemovie.com/index.php

What is inspiring you suninmyeyes?

haaaaa XD yeah feels like that at times huh? so stop worrying and just be free singularily. that's a word right? singly? bah im not going to be bothered with it.

singally? singularily, right? hmm...?

Or what was it that you ever found most spiritually inspirin ? Or what are you into right now? And why? How did it affect you?

You maybe into for example qigong but find really beneficial right now working with some new idea you may have read somwhere or your friend told you about..What is it and why?

Can you reccomend a link, book etc.that was especially beneficial or inspiring on the path?(would be nice to get some reccomendations like this ;):) )

Doing any interesting research or spiritual study at the moment? What is it?

Share your inspiration any way you like, becouse it was(is) strong enough to move something in you.

Thanks upfront to anyone who participates.

Hopefully ALL will answer and inspire. :)

The two people that inspire me most are Jiddu Krishnamurti (just about anything he's written, especially To Be Human and Total Freedom) and Anthony DeMello (particularly his CD set, Wake Up to Life and his books - Awakening and The Way to Love). I periodically find myself coming back to these two sources periodically and they never fail to inspire. Krishnamurti does a beautiful job of bringing the seeker into the seeking rather than providing pat answers. DeMello, similarly, engages the seeker in themselves and in the world but their approaches and idiosyncrasies are very different and insightful.

Also, the recent death of my dog has been a spiritual experience - thinking about her presence and absence. Thinking and meditating on time and love. Taking time to feel the loss, and so on...

What is inspiring to me is the hope for a better future for everyone.

What could be more spiritually uplifting then an Idea for the betterment

of world society?

This site inspires me to think out of our everyday box.

Imagine greater things for our future, because thoughts

and dreams do matter...for they are inspiration to the future.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

The last couple of days have been out of sorts for me. I pulled a muscle in my neck, haven't been eating good, my grand daughter fell down this morning playing with the puppy (both will survive) yet there was lots of crying and yelping; you get the idea. Finally got a chance to make a cup of tea and relax for a moment reading TTBs. Just sitting in my chair enjoying my tea and noticed my breath. Breathing in know that you are breathing in, breathing out know that you are breathing out. It was a crystallizing moment of my yoga practice coming together. Simply sitting, holding a cup of warm tea and knowing that I am breathing.

Reading that son of the guy who invented the laptop is now a practising Ayahausca shaman:-)

What is inspiring you suninmyeyes?

Actually reading on Chod practise that you reccomeneded recently in one of the therads by Machik Labrdon. Reading and working with:

'Feeding your demons'book by Tultsrim Allione

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1K4sPwAACAAJ&dq=feeding+your+demons&hl=en&ei=r7qITtbkNI2u8QPS5dFW&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA.

This is very similar to understanding I have that actually got me suprised while reading it that there is a whole system ,well articulated that is coincides with my thinking.

So you se you never know when we mention these things who may be benefitting.

Basicaly adressing some mental/emotional patterns that need adressing haha.

And getting back slowly to sitting for longer periods , getting back in shape like this after few years of not being able to as much as Id like to.

Looking around about practise of magic in ex Yugoslavia and legends connected to it ,which has very shamanic roots . In some parts especially Eastern Serbia it is still very alive (magic but am not sure of shamanic part) and every village has a 'wise man or a woman'(often ridiculed by a lot of people). None of the links are in English , it is virtually unknown outside of the borders.

Here is a you tube link , not in English and a bit tacky at places, but some of the practicioners are there and interesting to see , also their power place is in video by river and caves and a special tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT4Ut4VXFH0&feature=related one of the ladies getting into trans towards the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t904hnUCpVs

This is not a demonic cult though as some explain it,that is a misinterpretation.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Sign in to follow this