Immortal4life

Don't believe PUA techniques work?

Hmm yes this is good, I tried it but without the dildo.

so is it better to say you're single or you're gay?

Edited by Desert Eagle

so is it better to say your single or your gay?

What a question!!! I have never told anyone I am gay so I would have no idea.

The thing about the video is at the heart of PUA. That is..are we being manipulated and set up. The video itself is a set up, certainly the first part is unabashedly choreographed. The second purports to be real. But the first guys shouting come ons to woman as they walk by. Thats not real life. His intention is obviously to fail, wink or no wink.

But there is value to the latter half, but it raises the question..its still lying heavily on manipulations and set ups. It works for meeting, but if you don't get past it, you risk becoming superficial.

I myself have seen guys being almost exactly like the guy who kept failing, so IMO, it is very close to real life.

Now, about getting past the opener, Neil Strauss recommends in his method, to spend 7 hours with a girl before closing. If you close within a few hours it was probably fools mate or a party girl, rather than a highly coveted 8.5, 9, or 10. So, you are going to want a lot more material than just openers. From opening, to the stage of building attraction, to closing, there will definitely need to be material for all thse stages. For example, after opening and building comfort, after subtly disqualifying yourself as someone chasing after her or a suitor, you are going to want to start conversational threads, ususally several at a time, which covertly demonstrate to her that you have higher value than average men, and posses the characteristics that women are attracted to. These are, being a leader of men, being pre-selected by women or in other words meaning other women want you, that you are a protector of loved ones, and you have the willingness and ability to emote. I think the trick to demonstrating higher value is to do it in a subtle way that no one picks up on it and it doesn't seem like you are bragging or trying to impress. Also, notice that Bud is actually farther into the Game than just getting phone numbers. Notice he also has made sure to have events, and parties to invite girls to. Eventually, The Game just becomes part of your lifestyle and you will make sure to have things like that, where you can bring girls to, where you will be in charge, where you have the advantage, where you are the center of attention, and where all the girls there want to be with you. I'm no expert and haven't quite put it all together yet, but that's basically how I see it.

Mission 2

Edited by Immortal4life

No, he was a total nerd who barely slept with any girls in his life, to learning how to become a master pick up artist, sleeping with dozens of 10s, and finally leaving The Game and marrying the guitarist for Courtney Love's band.

No, he was a total nerd who barely slept with any girls in his life, to learning how to become a master pick up artist, sleeping with dozens of 10s, and finally leaving The Game and marrying the guitarist for Courtney Love's band.

Thanks for the info. Hehehe. Good to hear that he was getting some.

Well, they never got married. Supposedly, he was cheating on Lisa Leveridge and she dumped him back in 2006.

neil-strauss-before-and-after1.jpgLisa_Leveridge_Neil_Strausspb.jpg

style-neil-strauss.jpg

Talk about dud to stud, though! :lol:

Ah, I guess that just didn't make as good of an ending for his book....

Well, hey, getting layed is a pretty good ending.

Hehehe. I just now read Vortex's post.

NO, that wasn't a good ending.

But then again, ....

Edited by Marblehead

How about a seperate forum for chat threads for guys who cant get into the tao with women?

Hehehe. Well, we already are in the Basement. How much lower can we go?

It always comes down to internal vs external.

I vote for cesspool :)

Hehehe. Naw, that would require a new forum on the board. But we do already have "The Pit".

If you close within a few hours it was probably fools mate or a party girl, rather than a highly coveted 8.5, 9, or 10.

I think there is value to PUA for shy guys; it could help them open up. But putting numbers on woman most often due to figure and breast size is poison.

Edited by thelerner

I think there is value to PUA for shy guys; it could help them open up.

Yeah, there was some other thread and I had brought that up.

It's interesting, because in college right now I am studying language, specifically persuasion. It's interesting that the assumptions people have about communication-

If you don't know you're doing it, and you're really persuasive, then you're just "good with people".

But if you aren't "naturally" persuasive, and you learn some "tricks", then it is somehow "dishonest".

The funny thing is that people who are "naturally" good with people, who are naturally outgoing, do these things without realizing it. Academics have merely named and charted what people who are good communicators and persuaders do. And those behaviors can be replicated.

So a lot of people who are saying "if you want friends, just be yourself, just do what comes naturally", may be saying that because they have subconsciously picked up on millions of cues in their life which has told them how to behave and what to say in a certain situation. They just don't know it.

But there are legitimately people who don't develop that, and they may need to learn to consciously engage in some things more than others.

• Like 3

If you don't know you're doing it, and you're really persuasive, then you're just "good with people".

But if you aren't "naturally" persuasive, and you learn some "tricks", then it is somehow "dishonest".

The funny thing is that people who are "naturally" good with people, who are naturally outgoing, do these things without realizing it. Academics have merely named and charted what people who are good communicators and persuaders do. And those behaviors can be replicated.

So a lot of people who are saying "if you want friends, just be yourself, just do what comes naturally", may be saying that because they have subconsciously picked up on millions of cues in their life which has told them how to behave and what to say in a certain situation. They just don't know it.

But there are legitimately people who don't develop that, and they may need to learn to consciously engage in some things more than others.

Well said. I am interested in learning more about this.

Yeah, I wondered.

Yeah, I wondered also, what a gorgeous little cat like you is doing in a place like this? ;)

It bothers me when people come in trying to seem like they are above the discussion. Or that this kind of information is disgusting, degrading or unevolved, etc. PUA material helps many guys get over their loneliness and able to have relationships and be more social. It's also interesting to study what works socially and what doesn't. It is very positive. There is nothing wrong with guys picking up girls, or vice versa.

PUA information is very beneficial, and many times in our current society, it is information that is NECESSARY for turning confused boys (of any age) into confident men. Even though I don't use the information, I did study it and am better for doing so. It's awesome stuff.

Probably the reason why everyone is here in this topic is because it's somewhat interesting! No need to put others down, or act better than anyone else. If you feel the need, please remember how I will feel about someone like you...then decide if you want to continue acting that way or not. :mellow:

• Like 2

It bothers me when people come in trying to seem like they are above the discussion. Or that this kind of information is disgusting, degrading or unevolved, etc. PUA material helps many guys get over their loneliness and able to have relationships and be more social. It's also interesting to study what works socially and what doesn't. It is very positive. There is nothing wrong with guys picking up girls, or vice versa.

PUA information is very beneficial, and many times in our current society, it is information that is NECESSARY for turning confused boys (of any age) into confident men. Even though I don't use the information, I did study it and am better for doing so. It's awesome stuff.

Probably the reason why everyone is here in this topic is because it's somewhat interesting! No need to put others down, or act better than anyone else. If you feel the need, please remember how I will feel about someone like you...then decide if you want to continue acting that way or not. :mellow:

Say what Scotty? Care to expound on that?

• Like 1

Yeah, I wondered also, what a gorgeous little cat like you is doing in a place like this? ;)

ah the old lines are still the best ones...:wacko: