surfingbudda

What is Light?

yeah. i am not sure about 100% of this but overall, yeah. light carries information to us that we recieve. aura is expression of qi in a higher vibration. qi being the foundation of life. light being the foundation of spirit. qi resides in the 3d where physical bodies live. light is in the higher dimensions as well having many qualitative levels.

lienshan

PS. That the light = a choice was not obvious to me before this thread!

the combination of absorbing light and gathering qi = the gathering of spirit.

(if my level of understanding is not flawed)

nurturing original spirit and expressing extra-ordinary ability are accomplished in light form.

without light one will not attain the higher levels. without light there is no chance for immortal potential.

one needs the path of qi-light circulation, absorbing the light of the cosmos

for repair and nourishment. this path follows the nervous system.

this circulation passes thru the pituitary, pineal, adrenal, thymus, thyroid,

and all glands.

this is strongly related to opening the heavenly eye. to activate the pineal gland is to slow the aging process and maintain energy.

this qi-light circulation returns one to a youthful vitality.

one must nourish this original spirit(qi-light) to connect to the astral planes.

"Zerostao commented, "light being the foundation of spirit." Can you explain that, or give an example? If you can't, don't state it as a fact, unless you can explain it (which isn't implying that you stated it as a fact,"

i gave an explanation in my next post. i stated it as representing my understanding.

i am in no position to state anything as a fact or absolute truth.

"I use the term electrodynamic to more honestly discuss the light in nature. Electromagnetic is a Seventeenth century term that is both obsolete, and implies a distorted view of the two-way electric fields in nature. People who use the word electromagnetic remind me of my mother who still calls a refrigerator an icebox."

i am in the opinion of that science has not yet fully understood electricities.

"Keep in mind,...from Light's point of view, from Light's shoes so-to-say, it travels no distance, in no time, and thus has no need of speed. "

from my unity thread

when unity remains within itself it is changeless. when it reflects itself it creates.

to understand the complete process of creation, we have to understand the concept of the changeless within the ever-changing.( "there is a point in time when the arrow neither moves or stops")

one needs the path of qi-light circulation, absorbing the light of the cosmos

for repair and nourishment. this path follows the nervous system.

this circulation passes thru the pituitary, pineal, adrenal, thymus, thyroid,

and all glands.

this is strongly related to opening the heavenly eye. to activate the pineal gland is to slow the aging process and maintain energy.

one must nourish this original spirit(qi-light)

The pineal acts as lens (it is a lens) bringing light into the bio-emotional body, and yes, through various pathways, enlivening the glands,...however, to slow aging, and regain youthful vitality, the thymus must be considered.

The thymus is a huge subject, and thus should have its own thread. Nevertheless, here are some key words to associate with the thymus,...Fountain of Youth, Heart-Mind, Highest chakra, gnowledge, thymos, the Chakra without a twin, the interlacing of David's Star, He Shou Wu, theshold of wisdom, impersonal consciousness, Center of the swastika/dorje, the consciousness that sees not objects, but the way things are, etc.

"The clear light is veiled by concepts and ideals....

And the highest goal is being devoid of hope and fear....

Then gaining long-life and eternal youth, waxing like the moon,

Radiant and clear, with the strength of a lion,

You will quickly gain mundane power and supreme enlightenment.

May this pith instruction in Mahamudra

Remain in the hearts of fortunate beings." Tilopa

V

He Shou Wu

How do you see this association? I am aware of the herb and its textbook functions within Chinese medicine, and I have taken it for periods of time myself.

Edited by Todd

1. i am in no position to state anything as a fact or absolute truth.

2. i am in the opinion of that science has not yet fully understood electricities.

3. from my unity thread

when unity remains within itself it is changeless. when it reflects itself it creates.

to understand the complete process of creation, we have to understand the concept of the changeless within the ever-changing.( "there is a point in time when the arrow neither moves or stops")

1. Why are you in no position? Have you ever asked, why are you stating what hasn't been examined?

2. Yes, science does not understand electricty, nor light, mass, matter, or energy. As I mentioned in post #8, it is unlikely they ever will.

3. Although, from a romantic notion, unity can be changeless, in reality this is not so, or could ever be so. Oneness is a condition. To clarify,...there is no changelessness within a concept,...concepts are imagined conditions,...inspired from hopes and dreams of Oneness,...a primal memory and fear of being separate from source. Source is not Oneness.

The concept of unity ends where freethought reason begins.

There is a profound quote that suggests, "Seek not love, but seek and find all the barriers you have built against it." In other words, seek not source, but seek and find all the barriers you have built against it.

Attain the ability to discern a condition as a condition, and eventually, the Unconditional will become gnown.

V

the combination of absorbing light and gathering qi = the gathering of spirit.

one must nourish this original spirit(qi-light) to connect to the astral planes.

Light = a choice (it's either 2 particles or a pair making a wave)

Human = walking (on a pair of two legs having the choice)

My definitions are single words; are you able to define qi as a single word?

qi is in your explanation not light but connected with light. How?

Is qi particles, waves or a choice? Or something fourth?

Edited by lienshan

He Shou Wu ... chimes ...

Thank you for the information. Its funny, I was struck with an impulse to begin taking He Shou Wu again yesterday or the day before (can't remember).

I think pure cocoa, sun-dried or raw, might also be related. This is based mostly on subjective experience, however, as well as evidence of the relationship to emotional and cardiovascular health.

Its funny, I was struck with an impulse to begin taking He Shou Wu again yesterday or the day before (can't remember).

Yeap,...things nearly always happen to me that way too.

Undivided Light, as clarified in previous posts, is not a wave, particle, nor a choice.

The question of the thread is "What is Light?"

You have answered to "What is undivided Light?"

I'm now trying to answer to "What is natural Light?" (natural = zi ran)

There is no energy in Qi,...but from Qi all energy effects its motion.

Ki is synonymous with undivided, still light.

Qi put in one single word is "a breath" when looking at its ancient chinese character.

Zerostao connected Qi with spirit.

"spirit" is one of two words defining human in Ta Yi Sheng Shui (the Great One generates water)

and the other word is "insight" leading to the formulation of this, a little clumsy, formula:

The natural Light is a natural choice to the natural insight of the natural walking beings.

is like

The natural Breath is a natural not-choice to the natural spirit of the natural walking beings.

Edited by lienshan
  • Like 1

To see Qi as breath can be deceptive. Breath is as a conduit of Qi in motion (see post #35). Breath is the 'in' or yang and 'out' or yin cycle of motion,...all motion is cyclical,...all motion arise from Stillness, simultaneously appears to move to its optical concave boundary limit, and then back.

Spirit is the heart of essence of the motion of breath,...there is no Spirit, motion or breath in Undivided Light or the Qi source. Breath arises from the illusion of separation from Qi.

The character qi occurs once in the Guodian Dao De Jing; in the last part of chapter 55:

To breathe one's last however not hoarse is to reach an agreement.

An agreement means to agree to common knowledge meaning an obvious advantage.

A birth means to breathe a sigh of relief meaning a powerful being.

Large along with old is correct called not walking.

Laozi seems to have had a more natural approach to qi than you suggest?

Edited by lienshan

What is light? What a fantastic question. Physics will tell you that it is a range of electromagnetic radiation that we can perceive with the naked eye, but is that enough for most people? I think the fascination with light comes from our fixation on dualities. We've come to symbolize light with good and darkness with evil, so it's only normal that we are fixated on this notion of light. In reality light is neither good or bad, rather it is just light. In a purely esoteric metaphysical sense, it is also the key figure that occurs when one reaches a state of awareness or enlightenment. In my own experience when I was in that state of light there was a sense of nothingness, or emptiness, it's impossible to describe, the one intriguing factor was that the light was consistent, no flickering or anything like that, just one constant light that seemed to be. To say it encompassed everything would be a lie, because there was nothing to encompass, so I think it is better to say it's all there was.

Now many people have given detailed and defining explanations of what light is, but I will go one step further and say that light is consciousness, that which embodies everything. It is the reason all things exist, but to say that the light we see is this light isn't true, because the light that embodies everything isn't really seen with the naked eye, but rather with the minds eye.

I'll leave it at that and let the philosophers and spiritualists have their way with it. In the end it doesn't matter so much what light is, but rather what we do with the moments of our lives.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

What is light? What a fantastic question. Physics will tell you that it is a range of electromagnetic radiation that we can perceive with the naked eye, but is that enough for most people? .... We've come to symbolize light with good and darkness with evil, so it's only normal that we are fixated on this notion of light.

Now many people have given detailed and defining explanations of what light is, but I will go one step further and say that light is consciousness, that which embodies everything. It is the reason all things exist, but to say that the light we see is this light isn't true, because the light that embodies everything isn't really seen with the naked eye, but rather with the minds eye.

Aaron

For some critique,...Physics would not say that the electrodynamic field can be seen with the naked eye,...but only a narrow part of the field can be seen with the naked eye. In physics, the electrodynamic field is light.

"all matter is frozen or slowed down light" physicist David Bohm

Yes,...the "light with good and darkness with evil" is a common primitive belief. I commented on that in #4.

As for light being consciousness,...that is something everyone should strive to be intimate with. I would love to see some consensus about a Light vocabulary to evolve from this thread. If light is a reason why all things exist, then it has some relationship with who we are, and necessitates inquiry. That may need to be conceptual at first,...but the subject goes way beyond concepts. That the level I wish to be engaged in.

V

"As for light being consciousness,...that is something everyone should strive to be intimate with."

I've had some moments where I've found this to 'be the case' but I don't want to agree with you too readily just because it was a pretty weird experience and it's far too tempting to grab on to a description that sounds like something I experienced but might not be it either.

Right now for example, I'm extremely aware that there is some kind of light (more of a plasma deal, but whatever) 'running' through my entire system. I'll blame that sensation on the heightened awareness that comes with spinning all kinds of qi-gong around one's meridians. It doesn't mean it's the truth, just that it feels that way. So go figure.

Hello folks,

I wanted to elaborate on this topic, at least how I came to my own idea regarding Light being consciousness. In my years of meditation I've found that using the "empty mind" technique of meditation I am able to reach a state of awareness where the is only light. As I stated when I reach this point of awareness, there is nothing physical about, nor is the light flickering, or does it glitter, rather it is constant, it seems to go on forever and have no boundaries.

I hadn't thought about light being consciousness until I read some of the talk about physics and linked it to some ideas I'd read on Quantum Consciousness. Now in my experience of reaching this state, I've never experienced any form of higher being, but it seems that if so many people experience this "light" during meditation, it would seem to lend credence to the idea that somehow light is linked to each and everyone of us on a physical level that we might not be able to perceive, and if so, then it most certainly does deserve further inquiry. I'd like to hear other people's experiences of this "light" state, if they've had it, and how it might differ from my own.

Aside from that I think that light is neither good nor bad. I also think it would be hard to quantify through physics, at least in regards to light being consciousness, though I think as science progresses we may see that breakthrough.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Again, I'd love to hear more from other people.

Aaron

what isn't light?

everything is not light

what about light?

what makes light what it is?

it's a vibration of a different wave than everything else

It is simpler; it is closer to being nothing

people are a bunch of different waves, particle waves, in the Universe

Light is one frequency

when you take a piece of a light stream, how do you do it?

you could take a piece of hair from yourself, or maybe a part of fire, but could light remove any part of itself without changing the entire frequency?

light is a more basic type of wave. sound waves being another. complexities of waves being all beings.

so light is a more basic wave and people, are more complex waves made up of many different waves all going back to no wave,

then becoming yin, darkness, sleep, nurturance, stillness, but with harmony there is still some yang and

I wanted to elaborate on this topic, at least how I came to my own idea regarding Light being consciousness. In my years of meditation I've found that using the "empty mind" technique of meditation I am able to reach a state of awareness where the is only light. As I stated when I reach this point of awareness, there is nothing physical about, nor is the light flickering, or does it glitter, rather it is constant, it seems to go on forever and have no boundaries.

Aside from that I think that light is neither good nor bad. I also think it would be hard to quantify through physics, at least in regards to light being consciousness, though I think as science progresses we may see that breakthrough.

Anyways, that's my two cents. Again, I'd love to hear more from other people.

It is interesting how people come to their own ideas about light.,...even more interesting that people have their own ideas about light.

My own inquiry into light arose from an "empty mind" meditation. Observing without thought is a whole discussion in itself, and so is the non-physical experience, although whenever I'd experience light in that way, there was first an event of expansion, as if the body becomes infinite. I've wondered if that was where the mistake was assumed, that when enteing the so-called speed-of-light that mass becomes infinite,... I cannot believe that Einstein just dream up relativity, he somehow experienced it.

My own research into light, predominately from a Freethought Vajrayana perspective mixed with a strong sacred geometry (incl. holography and enneagram) background, mirrored the book 'Secret of Light' which I recommended for this thread. That's pretty much been a life-pattern of mine,...have an experience, draft it out on paper, and then find that someone else has pioneered the samething, although coming to the same conclusions in a different way. As for Walter Russell, I was, and still am, amazed with how far such a Christian came.

Anyway,...yes, it is great to "hear more from other people" about their ideas of light,...but I'd also like to hear from those whom light has given ideas.

V

what isn't light?

everything is not light

what about light?

what makes light what it is?

it's a vibration of a different wave than everything else

It is simpler; it is closer to being nothing

so light is a more basic wave and people, are more complex waves made up of many different waves all going back to no wave, then becoming yin, darkness, sleep, nurturance, stillness, but with harmony there is still some yang

Some critique:

What isn't light",...everything is light, and light is even beyond that.

Yes, divided light is One frequency, and simultaneously Many frequencies.

All phenomena is a "harmonic balanced interchange" of waves (tori/yin) and particles (spheres/yang).

Neither Yang nor Yin is ever still,...neither Yang nor Yin can never be still without the other being still, which doesn't make One, but Their dissolution.

It is correct that there is always yang in yin, and yin in yang,...just as form is empty, and empty is form. If yin ever separated from yang, even slightly, it would seem to expand into infinity, and yang would contract into a mass greater than any elements capability, and,...the universe as we know it would instantly collapse,... thus any further expansion or contraction would never actually occur.

However, what is really absent in any real intellectual vigor about light, is looking at light from Light's point of view, and not just our human-centric one. Humanism, our 6 senses, can only perceive divided light,...but we need to gnow Undivided Light,...if for anything, to return to it without difficulty when the shock of death threatens to disorient us, as Naropa said.

There are basically two ways of looking at light,...from our personal, sentient, individualized point of view, or from the point of view of Light. Not only do I prefer the latter, I usually discount personal views,...just because the world looks flat, or the Sun looks like it moves around the Earth, or Pluto is insignicant because its physical mass is small, are ridiculous human-centric points of view.

V

The topic of light is often confusing, especially in our Abrahamic religious society. Many want to believe that their god is light. The late second century apology 1 John, says, “God is light, and in him is no darkness.” But what is this light and darkness? Reading further, one finds “darkness is in the past, but the new commandment is true and in the light.” 1 John 2:8 refers to the perceived light and dark of duality. The light of the Abrahamic religions, by their own texts, is merely one aspect of Duality’s electrodynamic spectrum, not unconditional, undivided Clear light. Thus, for most, there is no deep understanding life, but only superficial understanding of light and dark?

The prevalent societal construct suggests that light is good and dark is evil. Yet where is such a thing true? Contrary to popular belief, light is neither good nor evil, and it does not conquer dark.

Darkness is as a womb, the perceived beginning which contains all possibilities. The incandescent or yang aspect of divided light is born from darkness, and then rejects, and even curses the boundlessness darkness from which it came.

Interesting, could you define unconditional, undivided Clear light for me...and how it differs from the light of light/dark duality?
I fully agree that threshold to Enlightenment, that is, the direct realization of Undivided Light, comes by way of, and only by way of, the Dark polarity of Divided Light. Within this Dazzling Darkness is bodhi, the female noun for wisdom. The more you understand light, the more of what I said will be recognized.

If we want to experience the "Now", the journey, repeated over and over by the Enlightened, is to uncover Clear, Undivided Light.

The senses cannot see Undivided Light.

So,...we really need a better vocabulary so to distinguish the difference between the divided light of the electrodynamic spectrum,...and Undivided Light, which travels no distance in no time, and thus has no need for speed.

The square of light is always LESS than light. Energy is equal to something LESS than light,...not equal to light. mc² < c
Huh? :blink: Edited by vortex

Interesting, could you define unconditional, undivided Clear light for me...and how it differs from the light of light/dark duality?

Huh? :blink:

the clear light is simply the light or brilliance of consciousness, as such it is not something with colours, shapes and so on. Consciousness has the quality of illumination, therefore called light.

Check this out: http://awakeningtoreality.blogspot.com/search/label/Ken%20Wilber?m=0