ejr1069

Does the shaman initiate get beat up repeatedly?

The concept that your enemy is your best guru is a wonderful idea that I had never contemplated. But I like it a lot. As for books, I am shying away from most books. I am on a quest for truth and I believe that experience is the true path to wisdom for me. Books give me an intellectual understanding of a concept while my experiences provide me true wisdom.

I simply hope that the headaches go away soon and that I will again be able to experience the consciousness that I experienced 1.5 years ago. After a tantric yoga class, that night ther energy shot up my spine and I popped out of my body. The energy stopped at my heart center and all suddenly I was enveloped by a white light and the feeling of warmth and unconditional love. I consider that to be my first true encounter with the divine.

The lobes of my brain are tingling quite often of late. I am also getting many headaches. I hope to be able to get the physical symptoms under control and that my spiritual gifts will come more clear to me so that I might use them to love and serve.

Still, you might find "Entering the Circle" similar to some of your experiences with light energy.

"Expanding Love" by the Dalai Lama too, where he talks about benefiting from your detractors.

I wouldn't suggest them as a replacement for any direct experiences, but they might be useful nonetheless to expedite others, if you are in the right place on your path. At this point though perhaps you're better to pay attention to and focus on the intense experiences that you're interacting with -- sort of like not reading the news while your on a date -_-

what was said ^^^^^^^ excellent. It is obvious the words come from personal experience rather than parroting a book like most others do.

I used to teach and travel with Dr. Glenn Morris, who wrote several books including Pathnotes of an American Ninja. One of the things he said, over and over and over again was "tell no one."

why? Mostly for self preservation.

People will attack you, even try to kill you. If you are genuine. (Of course you could be just an a$hole and that's another story. LOL)

People will think you are crazy because their small minds cannot even conceive one iota of what is happening to you is genuine. The same goes if one shares real knowledge freely.

I could go on but this is not the place for it.

s

Agree with Shaktimama and Decibelle,

There's more to keeping silent than just keeping silent ... if you know what I mean.

It is obvious the words come from personal experience rather than parroting a book like most others do.

Even the Dalai Lama quotes his sources from time to time. It adds import and weight to the message. Personally, I'm more inclined to consider something said by The Buddha himself, or a celebrated Native Healer than a semi-anonymous forum member.

Dr. Glenn Morris' book looks really interesting. Had never heard of it, might pick it up soon.

In defense again, there was a relevant part of an Amazon review ;)

"And the crowning piece of excellence (in all three of Morris' books actually) is the bibliography at the back - a whole slew of volumes for you to pore over, from psychology to yoga to martial arts, to round you out and make you think."

:(

You would also become inherently more sensitive to the energies that are already around you I would think.

Even the Dalai Lama quotes his sources from time to time. It adds import and weight to the message. Personally, I'm more inclined to consider something said by The Buddha himself, or a celebrated Native Healer than a semi-anonymous forum member.

Dr. Glenn Morris' book looks really interesting. Had never heard of it, might pick it up soon.

In defense again, there was a relevant part of an Amazon review ;)

"And the crowning piece of excellence (in all three of Morris' books actually) is the bibliography at the back - a whole slew of volumes for you to pore over, from psychology to yoga to martial arts, to round you out and make you think."

:(

very true... Glenn used to travel as a bodyguard for the Dalai Lama's innercircle when the Lama toured. He had all kinds of interesting info to share about that.

regarding being semi anon... if your energetic ears are sharp and you have a good BS detector...annotated biblios and quotes dont always deliver. i often listen to the energy underneath the words. sometimes there is a different message there.

Glenn sat at my pc a good portion of the time while he was writing his last book, "Quantum Crawfish for the Clueless Soul".The draft still sits on that pc.

We were sitting in a movie theater when he turned to tell me the title of his last book. I still don't have a clue why that title. He liked koans and would give his personal students koans.

He has excellent biblios. He loved the fact that he could spread the good stuff around and give credit to the worthy works. I had read much of those books before I had ever heard of him.

And as we have been saying in this thread...much is hidden and what is revealed is often reviled. First hand accounts can be useful but are not often given much precedent. This is when the energies of discernment begin to come at play.

his first book is more of a scroll unrolling for the new initiate. he regrets that title.

his second book is more for martial arts student on the path.

the third book is less about him and more about his students and the insights they share.

his fourth book... not my cuppa tea cause it was more rhetoric than anything else but then again Glenn was a professor of Rhetoric at McNeese University in Louisiana. He had a PhD in Industrial Psych.

If one is more interested in the esoteric side of the martial arts then the books will be more important than the biblios.

very true... Glenn used to travel as a bodyguard for the Dalai Lama's innercircle when the Lama toured. He had all kinds of interesting info to share about that.

regarding being semi anon... if your energetic ears are sharp and you have a good BS detector...annotated biblios and quotes dont always deliver. i often listen to the energy underneath the words. sometimes there is a different message there.

Glenn sat at my pc a good portion of the time while he was writing his last book, "Quantum Crawfish for the Clueless Soul".The draft still sits on that pc.

We were sitting in a movie theater when he turned to tell me the title of his last book. I still don't have a clue why that title. He liked koans and would give his personal students koans.

He has excellent biblios. He loved the fact that he could spread the good stuff around and give credit to the worthy works. I had read much of those books before I had ever heard of him.

And as we have been saying in this thread...much is hidden and what is revealed is often reviled. First hand accounts can be useful but are not often given much precedent. This is when the energies of discernment begin to come at play.

his first book is more of a scroll unrolling for the new initiate. he regrets that title.

his second book is more for martial arts student on the path.

the third book is less about him and more about his students and the insights they share.

his fourth book... not my cuppa tea cause it was more rhetoric than anything else but then again Glenn was a professor of Rhetoric at McNeese University in Louisiana. He had a PhD in Industrial Psych.

If one is more interested in the esoteric side of the martial arts then the books will be more important than the biblios.

That would be very interesting to hear.. what the Dalai Lama talked about with a mind/body/spirit like Dr. Morris, and how Dr. Morris expressed the messages conveyed.

Any anecdotes you can share?

He must have been a fascinating person for you to have at least learned meditation from. Must have had a very harmonious spirit.

That would be very interesting to hear.. what the Dalai Lama talked about with a mind/body/spirit like Dr. Morris, and how Dr. Morris expressed the messages conveyed.

Any anecdotes you can share?

He must have been a fascinating person for you to have at least learned meditation from. Must have had a very harmonious spirit.

I do not know if I want to share them on this forum. The anecdotes were shared around the friendly atmosphere of a dinner table where much learning and unlearning often happens with a lot of laughter and a healthy dose of self deprecation.

We were co-teachers and co-students for we taught and we learned from each other. I was already in private practice teaching when he asked me to join him in teaching classes about kundalini and to give shaktipat with him.

I do not know if I want to share them on this forum. The anecdotes were shared around the friendly atmosphere of a dinner table where much learning and unlearning often happens with a lot of laughter and a healthy dose of self deprecation.

We were co-teachers and co-students for we taught and we learned from each other. I was already in private practice teaching when he asked me to join him in teaching classes about kundalini and to give shaktipat with him.

Thanks for your responses. I would like very much to learn KAP from you, were my finances not recovering from a recent splurge.

This thread has been helpful for me as well.