Sign in to follow this  
Non

The real meaning of "all is within" is purely contextual?

Buddha Heart or Tao exists everywhere as void or emptiness exists everywhere , so any partial-minding of " inside" and "outside " only make you lose it .

In fact, any appearance or shift of whatever minds , not just the ideas of "inside" and " ouside" , makes you away from it .

So, it is useless ? People may ask . Of course not ! Tao or Buddha Heart is the omnipotent medicine for all sufferings of we humans , as all the classiscs repeatedly assure us . How can you call it useless?

Any proof ? Some people insist.. ( Taoism loves people asking proofs, and it always can provide those that will be happening in the next few months, not those afterlife types ......)

I can't speak for Buddhist way here but I am confident in speaking for Taoism : In an empty mind, you can nourish some high-quality qi by paying attention to nowhere ; and that qi , can be the cure for most diseases, including the so-called aging..

Edited by exorcist_1699

Otis said:

I think that both look within and look nowhere are great complementary strategies. Look within is a yang practice, look nowhere a yin one.

Nice!

exorcist said

I am , in reality, talking about a concrete way of entering another dimension of our existence( not using the term "Spirit/Mind" is because such a dimension also generates big physical changes in us ).

Yes you are…❤ And being mindful of naming, too.

Having a mind to explore the possibility is evidently uncommon, for some reason. C'est la vie. It's how the knowledge is kept alive.

ShaktiMama said;

did you do your Qigong practice today? That will change your internal landscape and heal your outer world projections quickly much quicker than mental inquiry.

Eventually, in terms of energetics, grafting, induction exercises, one may properly and effectively loose the appetite for inside/outside. But the time of developing the will for actually accomplishing "all is within" is a matter of unbending intent to arrive at the matter of life and death, which is the concrete way of entering another dimension of our existence. So nominally entering within completely without reservations is effectively interrupting consciousness.

This is not mental inquiry and it is neither using nor not using mind, much less body— it is arriving at a point where the questioning mind just craps out altogether and what is left has no inside or outside to speak of, no words, nor speaker. Just the same awareness you yourself are now using to read these words. Another dimension of our existence is so close.

I consider assimilating the experiential penetration of this dimension in everyday ordinary situations as authentic practice. It's not a matter of energetics. Energy isn't the thing.

did you do your Qigong practice today?❤

Edited by deci belle

Have you read much of B F Skinner's work?

I like Carl Jung (what little I remember of him). Let's go really, really deep and way, way back in time.

Been years and years since I read them. I guess Skinner was pretty much discredited after his experiments with his daughter. Jung was a favorite of mine. My training was in Gestalt (Fritz Perls version). I still find it very relevant to the 'practical applications' of Tao and related philosophies.

Not sure what you meant by your last sentence?

Not sure what you meant by your last sentence?

That was in referrence to Carl Jung.

When I read the little of his work that I did I was not able to go as deep as was required in order to grasp the full significance of what he was presenting.

Now I'm too old and just don't care. Hehehe. (Sad really but thst's the truth of it.)

Of course, there are pre-conditions for the paying-attention-to-nowhere method, that is ,you should be quite healthy ,and ,likely at the age under 45.

Otherwise , instead of leading you to a spiritual saneness, it likely leads you to a state of doze,dullness , sleep...

To guys over 45 ( appr.) , some kind of "attached" way (rubbing your balls ,feet's bottom ..), some kinds of visualization, Taiji..etc, so as to start , to accumulate qi and jing are still needed.

The " sex - driven mind is, in fact , another face of the Buddha Heart" ("淫心即是道心"). If the sex drive in you is already dried up, your life lack of force , hardly can a Buddha Heart arise .

That was in referrence to Carl Jung.

When I read the little of his work that I did I was not able to go as deep as was required in order to grasp the full significance of what he was presenting.

Now I'm too old and just don't care. Hehehe. (Sad really but thst's the truth of it.)

The thing I most remember about Jung is that he had at least a glimpse of the spiritual, and he countered Freud who believed everything had its source in sex and guilt.

That last line of yours triggers a bunch of thouughts in me, but too complicated to deal with here.

The thing I most remember about Jung is that he had at least a glimpse of the spiritual, and he countered Freud who believed everything had its source in sex and guilt.

That last line of yours triggers a bunch of thouughts in me, but too complicated to deal with here.

Yes, Jung was into the spiritual. His collective unconscious is a beautiful example.

I don't have anything wrong with the idea of the inner influencing the outer...but I'm bothered by what seems to me to be a simplistic assumption that the "outer" (other people) will automatically treat you well if the "inner" is "good". There have been plenty of native tribes who were living relatively peacefully when hierarchical civilizations came in and started oppressing them. Were they attracting negative circumstances? O.o Was Hitler "good" because the germans idolized him for a fair portion of his life?

It makes more sense to me that even a harmonious and peaceful person would attract some bad circumstances as a means of testing their soul. Even if they act in a good manner the "bad" aspects are perhaps still in their subconscious and can never be fully removed.

Edited by Enishi

I don't have anything wrong with the idea of the inner influencing the outer...but I'm bothered by what seems to me to be a simplistic assumption that the "outer" (other people) will automatically treat you well if the "inner" is "good". There have been plenty of native tribes who were living relatively peacefully when hierarchical civilizations came in and started oppressing them. Were they attracting negative circumstances? O.o Was Hitler "good" because the germans idolized him for a fair portion of his life?

It makes more sense to me that even a harmonious and peaceful person would attract some bad circumstances as a means of testing their soul. Even if they act in a good manner the "bad" aspects are perhaps still in their subconscious and can never be fully removed.

I never thought of it as a way of controlling what happens to you. It is a way to control our perceptions and reactions to what happens to us. Nothing has meaning until we give it meaning or make it meaningful. You can choose to respond differently than the common herd. WHen people choose to live their lives in reaction to what is happening rather live pro-actively they lose their ability to make choices for themselves. They tend to feel like they are a puppet of the puppet master.

Negative expectations will create negative experiences. Why not do what we can to change that? If anything, people will be happier.

:)

I'm bothered by what seems to me to be a simplistic assumption that the "outer" (other people) will automatically treat you well if the "inner" is "good".

I don't think I have ever made that assumption.

What I will suggest though is that what we hold within will determine how we react to the situations when the "outer" invades our space.

I think it should be a given that all people are not going to treat us well. Some will try to take advantage if they think they can get away with it.

Even nature isn't always kind to us. Stuff happens.

But it is more important, I think, to consider how we are going to react, if we react at all, to these conditions in life that are not acceptable. This is determined by what we hold inside.

Sign in to follow this