Mizu

Holy $#!@! Kunlun doesn't DO anything...

tell it like it is. i do feel there is a path for everyone.

i know my path is evolving me but it aint the path for everyone.

someone once told me this..

our lives on earth is like a holiday trip to a 3rd world country with no electricity and no running water but there is this huge mountain to climb in the middle of this country which everyone is meant to climb..

most of us, upon seeing how difficult the climb is, will take side trips to the beaches, the forests, the parks and have fun there..

a huge portion of us will just find a mate to settle down, raise a family and basically do everything to knock out the small little voice inside us telling us to...

"CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN!!!"

even those that climb the mountain .. most of them eventually die before reaching the top of the mountain and will have to get reborn and start again at the airport of the country.. so they have to travel all the way from the airport to the villages at the foot of the mountain and begin climbing the mountain all over again...

funny enough, those who have climbed the mountain in their previous lives somehow find it easier to climb the same mountain this time round.. i wonder if it is their subconscious doing the prompting?..

• Like 2

bodyoflight, please state your points without insulting board members.

not an insult .. everybody has limited realizations one way or another.. it is our subconscious and unconscious minds giving out information to our conscious mind..

and i find a lot of people to be pretty limited in their realizations about the true nature of reality..

• Like 2

so what are we suppose to do with the lives which we have right now?

chop wood carry water have sex bring up children make money?

is this all there is to life?

your realizations are pretty limited

There's a difference between simply speaking plainly...and being condescending. You can speak plainly without it being pointed and rhetorical. We're all at various hills up the mountain and you have insufficient basis upon which to speak of other's realizations.

• Like 2

careful, somebody's going to get offended if you speak too plainly! :rolleyes:

I do believe they recently invented the universal individual right to not be offended by anyone or anything, yes? :lol: I hear they're tossing people in jail for it these days, boy that sounds like a good way to combat racism!

/sarcasm

the truth hurts

• Like 1

Here it is. Its both the worst and best day of your life. You've realized that a path will take you nowhere. Its not necessarily anything objectively wrong with KL. Its the notion that "you" will get anything out of it. As you described, there really isn't.

Know that you are finally alone. And you will not find any true path by asking anyone here. And the mind will not give you the answer.

Great to see that you should enjoy life more than what you were looking for.

If you realize anything, throw it away.

h

Mizu has already failed the test of the human ego.. he has already given up.. the guardians were testing him and he failed the test..

truth is.. everybody has different paths.. some is meant to be kunlun practitioners.. some is meant to follow Mantak Chia.. some are even enough to combine the best of different paths..

but Mizu sounds like someone who isn't meant to follow the more esoteric paths of spirituality.. well some masters have found enlightenment through everyday living.. just google it..

the sad truth is of course.. most people who claim to pursue spirituality by seeking enlightenment through the normal everyday tasks of making money, having sex and starting a family are just faking it..

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

Sometimes it does, which is why we modify our tone to include compassion.

if a persons' realizations is pretty limited, then we should say it is pretty limited..

it is not an insult as if we are calling him an immature baby.. well i am not doing that..

but his posts smack of someone who hasn't fully delve deep enough to see the puppet masters pulling the hidden strings behind the everyday events of our lives..

and no i am not talking about the nwo or illuminati or crap like that..

i am talking about the real puppet masters who are in control of our lives.. they are the ones who control who we meet, what we do, ..

and in the cases of those who can't control their own thoughts, those puppet masters will even put thoughts in our own heads.. RFLOL!!! ;)

***** ooops, i just had this weird ringing tone in my ears right after typing out this post.. hope i didn't anger such puppet masters.. hehehe B) ******

Edited by bodyoflight

I understand your point of view, bodyoflight. We are all pretty limited. If some of us feel we have a less limited insight, how do we communicate this most effectively... is a good question. Probably a lot of answers.

who knows, maybe the puppet masters are even putting thoughts in some people's heads in here instructing them to write certain posts which will seed certain reactions in particular readers..

but then only those who are weak in the mind would be influenced by such petty words..

what's da saying again? "sticks and stones would break my bones but words would never do that"

i would claim that processing your reactions in reading particular posts is a training of the mind and the tao itself.. such energies in some of the posts here..

RFLOL!!! :lol:

chop wood carry water read posts write posts...

ahhhh such joys in leading a 3d existence.. oh wait is it 4d now?

hmmm.. what time is it?

Hello Mizu,

I would say that you have come upon a realization. One thing that Joseph Campbell talks about is the similarities of religious experience throughout religions, not only in archetypes, but also in phenomena. These different experiences are heavily dependent on culture, but not mutually exclusive. One who is raised in a Western Society may not be able to grasp the full cultural origins of an Eastern Practice and instead will adapt it so it works within their own cultural awareness.

I think on a deeper level, understanding that these cultural and spiritual experiences are universal also helps us to understand exactly what you've come to understand, that the practice does not cause the experience, but rather we do. When one practices Qigung, Qabbalism, Tai Chi, or even transcendental meditation, they are essentially using the practice as a channel for something within them. The practice doesn't accomplish the experience, but rather the person does.

The reason many of these practices (imo) were created was because someone achieved a spiritual experience and associated it with a physical or mental process and began to use that physical or mental process to continue to achieve the experience. (In other words the superstitious nature of man tried to explain something that could not be easily explained by associating it with something that could be explained.)

I would encourage you to just be, as Ralis has, but I would also encourage you to examine exactly why you believe the things that you do, because in the end it is only by understanding the nature of our beliefs that we can ultimately return to our original nature. Essentially don't stop learning different practices, just be aware that the practice is a tool for realizing and using your own potential.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

A bit aside of the main topic, but I just thought of a new (?) kind of spiritual practice:

Trying to insult each other. Insultee and insulted will both become aware of weaknesses (ego) in people and through this practice can learn to not be insulted anymore.

Personally, I think that maybe an insult is actually just a threat (of character assasination). Without the slightest chance perceived that the insult might become heard by the public (e.g. repeated to others in the form of gossip/badmouthing), I think an attempted insult has no power.

Maybe TTB could provide a subforum for this practice? A bit like The Pit maybe, but formal, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Hardyg
  • Like 1

I dont disagree. Being mindful and considerate is a good practice for life and that includes for posting.

I appreciate that sometimes we feel the most we can offer someone is tell them, actually, to stop pissing about / go do something else/ stop being so anal/ go cold turkey on the pontification/fall out of love with the sound of their own voice, etc etc.

Tricky issue, as we would have to be well in charge of our own horses to let them run wild. And if as a community we all assumed to know what was best for everyone else, this forum would be a ' you know, your problem is.." type place where many many many , many practitioners would never be bothered to take a look. Taobums attracts it's fair share of 'car crash gawkers' already..;)

you know..

someone once told me this story..

lucifer the demon-king was once an Archangel as high as Arch-angel Michael himself..

but he was jealous of us Human beings because we are given free will.. the free will to choose good or bad ...

The most powerful beings in the Universe have to develop themselves for millions and billions of years before being given free will..

So Lucifer was angry at the Creator for giving the humans free will while powerful beings like him have to slave away for free will because free will is an infinitely powerful gift..

it means the Creator allows you to choose your own destiny which is not a gift given to much higher powerful beings...

in the end, Lucifer was cast out of heavens because he tried to tempt the humans into using their free will to do evil instead..

Anyway.. the moral of the story is...

as long as one is using his free will for the purposes of serving the Creator and the highest good, one need not worry about hurting the prickly fragile ego of other higher beings..

because not every higher being/puppet master is right all the time and occasionally, some mundane human will come up with a higher insight which even the higher beings will fail to come up with..

precisely because we are given the free will to choose good or evil..

humans are special in the sense that we can choose the highest, most beautiful way of life or we can choose to commit the most heinous, evil deeds..

i am pretty sure the higher beings who try to influence humans to follow the lesser way of life through the use of free will will be cast out of heavens themselves...

so car crash gawkers.. enjoy the show..

Edited by bodyoflight

All your posts in this thread speak only of an elitist attitude and the assumption is made that all so called spiritual techniques are valid and actually produce a result. Some techniques may do nothing at all and are only frauds perpetrated on the gullible. How many have died from these lies?

Take for instance the so called enlightened guru who has sex with many of his students and claims sex with him will be a fast track to enlightenment or whatever promise is made. That is being deceptive and benefits no one. Examples are; Ösel Tendzin, (gave many of his students AIDS) Adi Da Samraj, Chogam Trungpa, Dr, Frederick Lenz aka Rama et al. These teachers make preposterous claims.

The standard excuse for someone having problems or the technique doesn't work is, "they are unworthy and not ready." That only speaks of the arrogance of the one making judgments of one having trouble.

I am not a follower of Kunlun.

I find Max to be dubious.

But so far, Max has not engaged in any real devious acts like sexual slavery yet.

Quite a few Kunlun Practitioners have also positive experiences which tell me that this path does work.

So if there is a path which works for some people but if there is a small handful of people who fail to progress on the path, cold logic sense will tell me that the small handful of people are not ready for the path.

Furthermore, Mizu has implied that the Kunlun path is suppose to bring him worldly benefits like wealth and women..

no spiritual path will work for someone who is following spirituality only for the sole motivation of gaining 3rd dimensional egoistical benefits..

not the Kunlun path anyway.. unless the Guardians have appeared to him..

this is my basis for saying Mizu's realizations are ... limited because they are indeed.. limited..

Edited by bodyoflight

A bit aside of the main topic, but I just thought of a new (?) kind of spiritual practice:

Trying to insult each other. Insultee and insulted will both become aware of weaknesses (ego) in people and through this practice can learn to not be insulted anymore.

This is how I treat everything on the internet.

as long as one is using his free will for the purposes of serving the Creator and the highest good, one need not worry about hurting the prickly fragile ego of other higher beings..

What kind of free will is it if you are punished for making certain decisions with your free will?

It's like if someone puts a gun to your head and says, "go ahead, say whatever you want about me. But just to let you know, the last person who said something I didn't like got shot..... by me.... with this very gun. But go ahead, I'm not making you do anything."

You have the free will to bad mouth the guy, but are going to get shot in the process! I don't consider coercion and threats to complement free will.

Though there are those that say getting "shot" is just the consequences that you have to lean to deal with. Thought if the consequences are coming from the entity that gave you the choice, I find it somewhat contradictory to punish someone for doing something you knew full well they may have chosen.

But that's a huge tangent. Sorry all.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

This is how I treat everything on the internet.

What kind of free will is it if you are punished for making certain decisions with your free will?

It's like if someone puts a gun to your head and says, "go ahead, say whatever you want about me. But just to let you know, the last person who said something I didn't like got shot..... by me.... with this very gun. But go ahead, I'm not making you do anything."

You have the free will to bad mouth the guy, but are going to get shot in the process! I don't consider coercion and threats to complement free will.

Though there are those that say getting "shot" is just the consequences that you have to lean to deal with. Thought if the consequences are coming from the entity that gave you the choice, I find it somewhat contradictory to punish someone for doing something you knew full well they may have chosen.

But that's a huge tangent. Sorry all.

I am saying Mizu's realizations are .. limited.. because I want him to improve..

If he thinks that I am bad-mouthing him or insulting him, then so be it..

It will only prove that he has not transcended his ego yet which is hurt by something as insignificant as internet postings..

If someone says that my realizations are limited, I will very politely ask him for a better wider realization which is better than mine..

I always seek realizations which are better than mine, fyi..

There is this saying in Zeitegist...

"To be proven wrong is to be celebrated for it is elevating someone to a ...new level of understanding, furthering his awareness."

I wish that there is someone who can further expand my awareness all the time..

I wish that I can find someone whose realizations are wider than mine all the time..

Sadly, there are very few people who fits this criteria..

Edited by bodyoflight

Hi Hardyg. :D Interesting proposition. What you think though that the effect of being insulting has on a person. My first thought is , it would be something like eating too many krispy kremes.

Funny: I was just thinking about Eric Cartman in another thread (Western psych meds necessary evil or just evil?).

@bodyoflight / Zloppy Zhang

I find the concept of free will to be dubious.

I am saying Mizu's realizations are .. limited.. because I want him to improve..

If he thinks that I am bad-mouthing him or insulting him, then so be it..

It will only prove that he has not transcended his ego yet which is hurt by something as insignificant as internet postings..

If someone says that my realizations are limited, I will very politely ask him for a better wider realization which is better than mine..

I always seek realizations which are better than mine, fyi..

There is this saying in Zeitegist...

"To be proven wrong is to be celebrated for it is elevating someone to a ...new level of understanding, furthering his awareness."

I wish that there is someone who can further expand my awareness all the time..

I wish that I can find someone whose realizations are wider than mine all the time..

Sadly, there are very few people who fits this criteria..

If you only ever look up, you miss what's below.

Funny: I was just thinking about Eric Cartman in another thread (Western psych meds necessary evil or just evil?).

From Southpark? I love that guy :P

Do you remember that episode about gingers? He started out hating them and wanting to kill them all. Then the other kids turned him into one by applying makeup and coloring his hair when he slept.

He then embraced the change, and went on a crusade for ginger superiority :lol:

I just found that whole episode to be so interesting. Concepts of identity, dealing with change, relating to others, maneuvering through a situation, etc.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

@bodyoflight / Zloppy Zhang

I find the concept of free will to be dubious.

I once doubted it too but the more I learn, the more I am convinced it exists..

@Sloppy Zhang

South Park is definitely as intellectually valuable as it is gross. :lol:

I think 'proven wrong' might be the key issue here, and it would be as opposed to 'told they are wrong'.

Yeah, it's painful yearning for someone who can actually prove you wrong, but only people around who tell you.

Quoting Ace Ventura:

"Man! I'm tired of being right!" :D

I once doubted it too but the more I learn, the more I am convinced it exists..

But maybe it's is impossible to distinguish between free will and the concept of free will. Maybe it's merely an idea and thus futile to believe or not believe in its "existence".

Edited by Hardyg