bodyoflight

the highest masters are not in asia

Although people can call Hinayana Buddhism the Theravada Buddhism , maybe due to the reasons of politeness or some kind of " politics" in Buddhist circle, which, I am not sure , the big difference between the two Buddhist ways cannot be covered by just some people's changing the name of it .

My support of Mahayana Buddhism is due to its simple straight style, its manignificence that hardly other ways can match. Of course, Taoism's spiritual cousin , the Zen Buddhism ,belongs to the Mahayana is another reason ,which, also strengthen my " hardline-ness" .

The Chinese knew and translated the Hinayana Sutra long time ago and can't be said to be unknown of it. Yet with another great system ,Taoism, existing locally ,many hundreds before its entering China , the Hinayana system is doomed to fail in taking root..People who have taken a serious reading of the Chinese Buddhist history and related documents , can see clearly that it is only the Mahayana system that is capable of conquering the Chinese heart, which to some extent, is dependent on how high a mountain people are situated, how splendid a river people live on...

Edited by exorcist_1699

Although Sri Lanka claims to hold a Buddhist history of over 1,000 years,it unfortunately belongs to the gradual ,trivial style of Buddhist legacy : the Hinayana , which to my bias , to my always stubborn support of Mahayana Buddhist way , is a style unlikely to nourish any great master.

I do read original Japanese, even classical Japanese Sutra, so I think I know how high they have achieved . For a marginal cultural system exists on the edge of the Asian continent,the Japanese does quite well , but not good enough to give rise to great masters...

Besides, the Japanese were too eager and too rush to strip off their Asian spiritual clothing during the Meiji Reform period, which I think they overdid it...

Its comforting to know you have good knowledge of Buddhism.

Vajrayana encompasses all the vehicles - hence within the practice itself, students are always gently guided by the reminder that whenever they practice, be it formally or otherwise, to keep in mind that such practices ought to be Good in the beginning (hinayana), also denotes Body, Good in the middle (mahayana), denoting Speech, and Good in the end (tantrayana), denoting Mind. This is why its not really true that one of the yanas is more superior to the other - rather, they each support, nourish and link the whole path, and also the adepts of this path. Then the benefits derived from the practice will be complete and inexhaustible. Taking this view into consideration, and also with Equanimity forming such a vital emphasis in Buddhism, its hard to convince myself to view one practice or path as more superior or another as inferior.

The only reason initiates into Buddhism see different yanas is due to each individual's needs and predispositions. As progress is made, the differences fade away and similarities gradually replaces the biases that are clung to. Its one of the ways Gurus evaluate the students - which, even in Mahayana for example, we know there are to be found the basic four types: lowly, middling, superior, and most excellent. The four classes of tantra are taught with these four types of disciples in mind. Since students enter the Vajrayana thru the four classes of tantra, these four classes are sometimes called 'doorways'. These four doorways, for those who wants to know, are Ritual Tantra, Conduct Tantra, Yoga Tantra, and Unexcelled Yoga Tantra, yet within each class again its found to contain elements of all the 3 different yanas. So really, there is no higher or lower, inferior or superior... just minds that discriminate indiscriminately.

Edited by CowTao

the highest masters are hiding somewhere in the Himalaya mountains or have migrated overseas out of asia by now..

Hiding Masters and Hidden Dragons?

Ever considered why adepts and yogis do solitary retreats?

Longchen Rabjam explains how, after entering the peaceful solitude of the forest, to proceed on the path of meditation in this way:

"After going to the forest, settle in a cave at the foot of a hill,

at the foot of a tree in a meadow with medicinal herbs and flowers,

or in a hut of straw or leaves,

with water, wood and fruits,

in simple living sustain the body

and devote day and night to virtuous Dharma.

In the forest, by the example of dead leaves

come to realize that the body, youth and senses

change gradually and do not possess any true essence,

and that all types of prosperity are certain to decline.

By the example of the separation of leaves and trees

come to realize that friends, enemies, as well as one's own body,

who are gathered at present,

are subject to dissociation

and are bound to separate.

By the example of empty lotus ponds

come to realize that various objects of desire,

wealth, and prosperity

are finally going to change,

that there are no true essence in them,

and that what is accumulated will also be exhausted.

By the example of the changing days, months and the four seasons,

come to realize that the blossoming spring flower-like body

is subject to change as time passes, its youth fades away,

and the arrival of Yama, the lord of death, is certain.

By the example of the fall of ripened fruit

come to realize that all, young, adult, or old,

are subject to die, that the time of death is uncertain,

but what is certain is that what is born will die.

By the example of the arising of reflections in ponds

come to realize that various phenomena appear

but have no true existence.

They are like illusions, a mirage and a water-moon,

and are certain to be empty of true existence.

Having realized phenomena in this way,

on a wide seat sit straight and comfortably.

With the attitude of benefitting living beings,

meditate on the mind of enlightenment.

Do not follow after the thoughts of the past and

do not bring forth future thoughts,

and release the present sense from thinking.

Contemplate in the unwavering state,

without projections and withdrawals...

Remain in freedom, clarity, directness, and vividness -

the Union of emptiness and wisdom, free from apprehensions.

This is the realization of the Buddhas of the 3 times.

Except for contemplating naturally with ease

in the innate meaning, the intrinsic nature of the mind, as it is,

Think nothing,

release all the thoughts.

Freedom from thoughts, analysis, and conceptualizations

is the vision of the Buddhas.

So, pacifying the forest of thoughts,

watch the ultimate peace, the intrinsic nature of the mind.

At the end of this meditation, dedicate the merits

by the means known as 'pure from the 3 aspects'. "

at least they managed to obtain some "powers" in the first place which showed their progress..

Reading this tread I am compelled to reply.

Many of you keep injuring yourselves and leaving yourselves to thieves. In fact you rob yourselves.

Spiritual beings are all around us-- heaven and earth do not distinguish time as we do.

The highest mountain does not exist outside, but inside. That is the essence of the chart of inner luminosity.

Master yourself, and Spiritual beings will be curious and visit you... in your sleep. You should not seek them out, since they will seek you out, or the law of synchronicity makes them bump into you in the road, while you are buying ice cream to feed your dog. Its like the Good Samaritan parable. They are the good Samaritans in this case.

• Like 2

i agree teachers can and do visit in our sleep or meditation. also in some of the least expected places. my first response to this thread i mentioned about a couple of cardinals. they have been teaching me all week :)

they are so bright (red) and their songs are very sweet. a very loud and clear whistle and in the case of the cardinal the female joins in with the whistling. this is a bit unusual among birds. (with most birds the females remain quiet and camoflauged)

so, what have i learned or considered with my cardinals this week?

well when i first noticed them they seemed very enamored with each other.

landing on my front porch swing and nearly onto me. playfully they left the swing for my hedge. both whistling as they went.

i consider their vitality and renewal at this time. with the female also whistling i consider the feminine intuition and creativity. they are friendly and happy. the whistling reminded me to listen to my inner voice and to whistle :P

i dont see any drawbacks to having them around. they brighten up my yard and remind me to be cheerful and bright.

they eat the seeds of weeds and injurious insects. so i also consider my diet and my own vitality.

the bright red cardinal , how could i ever have missed these teachers? they nearly had to land on me for me to notice them. i hope they hang around , i know i have more to learn from them.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

ever wonder why the highest masters in the world are so hard to find?

because they have developed their degree of spiritual and psychic potency to the extent that they find it extremely distressing for the polluted thoughts of the masses to influence their energy fields..

the highest masters are hiding somewhere in the Himalaya mountains or have migrated overseas out of asia by now..

so if you want to search, move to countries with huge land masses and very little people..

Tibet and Himalaysa might be good.. forget about the rest of china.. especially the chinese cities.. forget about taiwan as well...

both taiwan and china have extremely high population densities and it is only likely that you find the highest masters high up in the mountains..

now i am not talking about wudang, ermei or shaolin masters.. even the current wudang, ermei and shaolin abbots pale in comparison to the highest masters...

I think they head up the Ministry of Disinformation in each country.