Non

The Secret of Woman and the Moon cycle

I am totally ignorant in general of the menstrual cycles of woman and their general connection to the moon and the heavens. Is there something that a man can learn of them that can bring a greater understanding of woman and relations with women?

I feel it is something that perhaps should be learned by all men, and none should be left out. Women are quite complex and if you approach them at the wrong time, they can flip out on you or disregard you at a whim. They can also be very accepting of you if you approach them at the right time. You also have to be the right TYPE at the right time.

You also have to be aware of their cycles so you can avoid them when they are not 'in the mood', for you, etc.

What of the woman who can actually stop their periods through abstinence, their diet, or spiritual excercises then? Are they exempt from this? Are they different?

I feel a certain number of men are at a loss because of the ignorance.

Studies have shown that woman are attracted to bad boys, and sinister, non-monogamous and violent types during ovulation, and then the more serious, good guys away from ovulation. Studies show their receptiveness changes during certain parts of the month to different types of men. They can also wear diferent types of clothing influenced by how they are affected by their cycles.

Studies also show that men who "acheive" a sexual experience will then subconsciously seek that again. The mammalian brain will seek it subconsciously as a reward, their dopamine response leads them. SO what of the male who has never had the "experience", is he left in the dark?

The men who are not closely associated with many women, or have had many sexual experiences, etc.

The one's less "in tune" are usually seen as less manly, and vice versa, less in connection with nature, etc.

But this doesn't mean they are bad... regardless of how they might affect a woman during different times of the month.

Regardless of how women respond to them.

In this way it makes women look unconscious, like machines. but in reality, the mammalian brain and the bodily mechanism do greatly filter what is experienced.

Edited by Non

OK,well this forum is about Taoist concepts like yin and yang. I want to learn about yin and yang. OK maybe I'm looking for this knowledge too much from without but sometimes you gotta start somewhere.

Since all of your posts seem to circle around the theme of masculinity, I'll throw this out there, been meaning to send it your way for a while, Non:

What is an alpha?

Let's start with the fact that being an alpha is a whole lot more than just ordering people around or intimidating people with the threat of violence (that's called being a bully). And it's definitely more than just being able to beat people up.

Being an alpha has to do with one's involvement in a group. More specifically, it's about the helping develop and maintaining a group dynamic, hierarchy and the functionality of the group. And this not just for your own benefit.

Being an alpha is about leadership and taking care of others.

Below are a list of traits that you will see in human alpha leadership. These are the traits that those engaged in the macho parody of manhood just ... don't ... get. And because they don't 'get it,' not only will they not be respected, but they won't be trusted. Instead of being looked upon as 'warriors,' they'll be looked upon as loose cannons on deck.

Alphas Look Out For Group...

Alphas Are Trustworthy...

Alphas Communicate...

Alphas Have Extra Resources...

Alphas Allow Others Their Place...

Betas Fight More...

I haven't quoted the full article, here is the link once more: http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/alphabehavior.htm

I suggest you read through it all and think very carefully about what its saying. Obviously the context for his writing is for street violence and self defense. But you can very much make it applicable to women as well, as well as friendships in general.

Especially the section about beta male behavior with regards to trying to "posture up", and fill in the shoes of the alpha. No one likes a beta who is overcompensating by being loud and violent. People in general are attracted to "alphas" who are strong, but provide for everyone, take the needs as a group into consideration, and allow other people to enjoy a place in the group.

• Like 1

actually being alpha to women is just "being the best".

It's totally diminishing to humanity. Why judge and seperate men into two categories as "best" and "second best/last".

Not everyone can be the leader, if there even has to be a leader.

But just because the person is a leader doesn't make him always "the best" mate.

It would be totally unequal for example the president of the US to get all the women in the US while his inferiors get none, all because of his position. And it's just that, his position. He can be replaced. A person can learn to replace him. It doesn't make him worse because he hasn't learned (yet) so far.

Edited by Non
  • Like 2

actually being alpha to women is just "being the best".

Not really.

You could be the best athlete, let's say a college or a pro basketball player, and yeah, it might get you laid, but if you're a total jackass about it, rude to people, uncaring as a person, and domineering in attitude (basically always looking to fight and not allowing people to have their place and enjoy it, two of the things that that guy says successful alphas do), then you aren't going to have any friends, you aren't going to have any women that want to be with you other than to leech off whatever cash or drinks you're willing to send their way.

Friendships and relationships (with men and women) will be hollow, and if you are ever in trouble, no one will be there to help you. People might show you respect to your face, but hold not respect for you in their hearts and minds, and will work behind your back against you.

Seriously, read the article, give it some thought.

It's totally diminishing to humanity. Why judge and seperate men into two categories as "best" and "second best/last".

People are going to judge. Even if you do not, other people will. How high do you REALLY hold other peoples' judgments?

We've had this conversation in past threads, so I'm not going to go on too much about this topic. But you can't have it both ways, Non. If you don't care what people think, and just live your life, fine. But often times, doing that means running into the judgment of other people. If you want to blaze your own trail, you aren't going to have the support of everyone at all times, but if you crave approval from external sources, that means not living exactly how you want to live life.

I had a dream the other day.. the TCM school I go to was being "protected" by big psycho gorillas or apes that looked like huge beastly tigers when viewed from the top, protecting the corruption of the school. I ended up outsmarting them and getting rid of them and "saving" the school.

What do you think it means?

Non, I think you might be doing it wrong.

I don't think that cogitating a woman's ovulation cycle and trying to find the best time to (pardon the expression) get laid is the very best way to go about it.

I'm going to speak here for every other halfway normal woman in the world.

Kindness is the sexiest thing in the world.

Men who actually LISTEN are the sexiest thing in the world.

Guys who are kind to old ladies are the sexiest thing in the world.

Guys who have brains are the absolutely sexiest thing in the world.

Flinging money around may work for a while but it gets old fast, even to the biggest

gold-diggers.

Spiritual men (in my particular case, it would be more metaphysical) are incredibly sexy.

Religious men can be the unsexiest things in the world.

Guys who spend all their time thinking about how to get laid are the unsexiest things in the world.

Getting into another's soul, another's psyche, is the sexiest thing in the world.

Men who understand the Tao from the inside out and actually practice it?

Woof.

Please believe me....none of this has anything to do with a woman's moon cycle. There may be temporary ups and downs having to do with sexuality, but this is the fools gold stuff. That's what you're spending your time on, Non - fool's gold.

I say this with love in my heart for you. I mean no offense and wish you the best.

Barbara

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

I had a dream the other day.. the TCM school I go to was being "protected" by big psycho gorillas or apes that looked like huge beastly tigers when viewed from the top, protecting the corruption of the school. I ended up outsmarting them and getting rid of them and "saving" the school.

Do you consider your school "corrupt"? If so, why are you there?

Dream interpretation is a complicated thing. Different symbols and things mean different things to different people. You could say roses symbolize love, but what if you were abused as a child by someone with a rose tattoo? A rose might mean abuse and fear for you, rather than love.

For interpretation, I tend to examine what someone was thinking/feeling as the events happened, rather than what events happened or what the symbols mean.

What do you mean by "protecting the corruption of the school"?

Seems to me like, in general, you were facing people who outclassed you in the raw physicality, and someone looking at the situation would say you would lose to them, but you manage to overcome them anyway, and you accomplished a heroic feat.

Off hand, I'd say you seek to accomplish some feat in which you are justified in being who you are, rather than being someone else, because you managed to be the "hero" of the day, despite a perceived disadvantage, which in the end, wound up being a strength, and didn't show itself as such until the situation was really very dire, because in every day situations, you seem to be at a disadvantage.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Not really.

You could be the best athlete, let's say a college or a pro basketball player, and yeah, it might get you laid, but if you're a total jackass about it, rude to people, uncaring as a person, and domineering in attitude (basically always looking to fight and not allowing people to have their place and enjoy it, two of the things that that guy says successful alphas do), then you aren't going to have any friends, you aren't going to have any women that want to be with you other than to leech off whatever cash or drinks you're willing to send their way.

Friendships and relationships (with men and women) will be hollow, and if you are ever in trouble, no one will be there to help you. People might show you respect to your face, but hold not respect for you in their hearts and minds, and will work behind your back against you.

Seriously, read the article, give it some thought.

People are going to judge. Even if you do not, other people will. How high do you REALLY hold other peoples' judgments?

We've had this conversation in past threads, so I'm not going to go on too much about this topic. But you can't have it both ways, Non. If you don't care what people think, and just live your life, fine. But often times, doing that means running into the judgment of other people. If you want to blaze your own trail, you aren't going to have the support of everyone at all times, but if you crave approval from external sources, that means not living exactly how you want to live life.

I will read it, but I just find it totally cruel of women to judge men who have good intentions and being totally unhelpful, and betraying.

In fact that website might actually be pretty good, because it's not in the form of "PUA" material, but actually self defense and such.

Edited by Non
  • Like 1

I'm going to speak here for every other halfway normal woman in the world.

Not sure you can, Barbara. Your list is yours, n'est ce pas?

• Like 4

As SZ said - dreams are very individuated.

But based upon archetypes - tigers represent sexually-aggressive females - perhaps "yang women."

Big psycho apes could represent macho bad boy thugs - perhaps very "yang men."

These 2 groups have forged a strategic alliance in this country and tooled and oppressed "yin nice guys" to their benefit. Artificially exacerbated by feminist legislation and pop culture propaganda, this movement has reached an extreme yang state now. This imbalance thus threatens the very health of our society - like a blazing inferno with no water.

Since TCM principles applied societally would threaten to douse this yang fire to alleviate the imbalance - these special interest groups are carefully guarding application of them for this purpose. Hence, anyone who dares question the status quo driven by their agenda gets immediately flamed.

Yet still, you persist - in the face of all negative peer pressure to just give up & CONFORM. :lol:

emperor_no_clothes.jpg

As far as the thread topic - I think that has a small effect - but will pale in comparison to the larger events and current situations in their life. Again, a lot of it is driven by Game Theory and more undefinable "chemistry."

Edited by vortex

Studies have shown that woman are attracted to bad boys, and sinister, non-monogamous and violent types during ovulation, and then the more serious, good guys away from ovulation.

Non, hi

Speaking only to this part of your OP - if the studies are valid this would not surprise me at all.

My observations find that, regardless of current politically-correct concepts surrounding 'Alpha males', females of most species instinctually try to breed with the male who will give the offspring the best chance of survival; the biggest baddest bull in the herd, so to speak.

This seems to be a function of the 'mammalian brain' as you called it, and this drive would naturally be more present during ovulation. Post-ovulation, the drive's pull may be diminished somewhat; the 'more serious, good guys' could again be palatable as the chances of conception are diminished.

• Like 2

Studies have shown that woman are attracted to bad boys, and sinister, non-monogamous and violent types during ovulation, and then the more serious, good guys away from ovulation.

Non,

You have either misread the studies or they have been misrepresented to you.

This is the how the myth of which you wrote began:

1. When either a male or female fetus is in utero, the level of testosterone in the mother's system is reflected in the degree of facial symmetry in the offspring. High levels of testosterone means a higher level of facial symmetry, i.e. how the two sides of the face match up with each other. (Handsomeness and beauty are both generally ascribed to those who have have a high level of facial symmetry.) High levels of testosterone in a male child while in utero and at birth also generally produce a more robust kid who will mature into a robust man; a man in ancient times who would be more capable of providing sustenance and protection to a female and her offspring than someone from the average range of potential mates.

2. The recent studies to which you refer (and which in part were conducted by a woman--a very good looking woman who had fine facial symmetry and who was once my lover) sought to distinguish what was the most important factor in women's mate selection at mating (ovulation) time; high levels of testosterone or high levels of socio-economic status in the potential mates.

3. To conduct the studies a wide number of undergraduate females were selected. (Note: these were mostly middle to upper middle class white women in their peak child bearing years--U.S. college girls) They were instructed to keep records of their menstrual cycles and they were presented daily with a wide selection of photographs of men in more or less the same age range. These photos also gave broad hints as to the subject's socio-economic status: crisp haircuts as opposed to uncombed hair, neckties as opposed to T-shirts, etc. Somewhere in those always fluctuating and inconsistent panoply of photos were ringers, a man or two of obvious low socio-economic status who had a high degree of facial symmetry. There were also planted photos of average looking men who obviously held high socio-economic status. The women were asked daily to pick out the men who they thought were the most attractive.

4. It was found that during most of the menstrual cycle the majority of the women tested preferred the men whose context showed them to be of higher socio-economic status. But during the ovulating time in their cycles they tended to pick as attractive the men with the greatest degree of facial symmetry despite whatever socio-economic contexts were evident in the photo.

5. U.S. culture generally makes "bad boys, and sinister, non-monogamous and violent type" to be those who come from lower socio-economic status. But the studies were not designed around "bad," "sinister," etc. types. The studies were designed to show that facial symmetry was predominate in the instinctual mate selection of women. This "bad boys, and sinister, non-monogamous and violent type" was just a wrong-headed, cultural projection, a dim-wit blow-by arising out of the nature of the studies.

6. The bottom line is that after thousands and thousands of years of human evolution the female instinct is to select a mate who has the physical attributes to be able to bring home the meat to keep their kids alive.

7. When the two selection alternatives, facial symmetry and high socio-economic status, are put together it becomes obvious that a symmetrically featured, handsome man of high socio-economic status is going to attract more women than any other man, definatly more than your "bad boys, and sinister, non-monogamous and violent type(s)" because he has both of the winning qualities and they have only one...if and only if they have a high level of facial symmetry. The ugly bottom-feeders get nothing but what they can rape or pay.

But you, Non, knew that already. Right?

How does your face shape up?

Edited by Easy
  • Like 1

Studies also show that men who "acheive" a sexual experience will then subconsciously seek that again.

So what of the male who has never had the "experience", is he left in the dark?

The men who are not closely associated with many women, or have had many sexual experiences, etc.

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 3

Well it's true that being considerate, kind, helpful, spiritual, and all those things will not get you the hottest young chicks. It's almost always assholes that get the 10s.

It's also true, that guys can sort of brainwash girls, convincing them they are "good guys" while they are simiultaneously being jerks to them, or then act like a jackass to other people, or when certain girls aren't around. They also will say "well, he's not like that to me". That's something you hear a lot.

But the truth is, how can you complain? Would you get with, or even date a girl because she was "nice", "spiritual", and all those things? Most guys would not. Guys know that how hot the girl on your arm is, is how much respect people will give you. If you are with a 7, and a 10 comes along, it's a no-brainer, out with the old and in with the new, you do what is best for you.

Some people think it's because society has programmed us to think this way, other people think genetics has programmed us to think this way.

If all else fails, and you can't get any chicks that night, you can still start something with a guy who does have a chick, and ruin her mood and ruin her night, by creating an atmosphere of conflict and tenseness. I dunno, just a thought.

I would actually get with a spiritual chick. But then again I'm more interested in karezza than to have "hot one night stand-ish quantitative fertility driven sex with many different female potentials whilst also diminishing the competition self esteem and ability of other males to succeed."

Edited by Non

6. The bottom line is that after thousands and thousands of years of human evolution the female instinct is to select a mate who has the physical attributes to be able to bring home the meat to keep their kids alive.

Easy, hi

The rest of your post, and the studies described, notwithstanding - the bottom line is as you state: the female instinct is to select a mate who gives the offspring the best chance. The specific pull towards a specific male, however, might have little to do with a preferece for symetry or bank statements.

I actually am not interested in Karezza, Tantra, or any of those things, so I guess we have different perspectives. I would also get with a spiritual chick, but I don't know that I would get with her because she was spiritual.

My spiritual cultivation is personal, and I don't mix it with personal relationships, or even talk about it much.

I just don't want to have stress in my life, and I don't want anything in it that could cause any latent tension in my body or mind.

Well whatever, what I generally mean is that I want a harmonious relationship. I just would think those who are into that kind of stuff are going to be the ones who have the greater ability to have harmonious relationships with someone.

What if you just can't? What if there really aren't many poeple who would be totally harmonious with your life and your goals?

Are you going to let it get you down, or are you going to say fuck it, I come first, my life and my goals are most important, and as long as I'm happy with my abilities to get new chicks and am empowered it's good enough?

I used to get all down about not having a "soul mate", or a perfect relationship. At some point I came to realize that my life is more important than relationships, and that I can't let my goals be compromised because of a chick or because I don't have a "gf".

If that's the case then those relationships ARE being harmonious with your life, and your choices.