time to change

salvia divinorum

I've tried smoking salvia a few times. An interesting experience, similar to what was described above. Instead of a tarantula, I turned into a plant, and instead of the world breaking up into squares, I witnessed spear-head-shapes (like tulip leaves).

Once smoked, I had no memory of who I was, not to mention why I was there. So it's hard to imagine meditating like that (altho' the whole experience could be said to be a meditation, if what we're interested in is just observing the workings of our mind, after conditioning has been largely stripped away).

I am curious about Ulises' tincture, and how salvia has been used shamanically. Slow onset, slow release seems like a much more fruitful way of exploring.

I think this is one of those things where explanation is not sufficient.

If you have to ask, that's a good indicator to not do it in this case.

I tried something similar once. Worst experience of my life. Was convinced that I was dying in the most horrible way imaginable to me.

My advice, leave it. Other advice on this, even well intentioned, will not protect you.

IMO, meaningful cultivation and intoxication are mutually exclusive unless you are working with an experienced and credible shaman. Even then, there is nothing more pure than natural, unadulterated awareness. This is the state in which true contact with reality occurs. All intoxicants are tricksters and most experiences under such influence are nothing more than entertainment.

Beware of Salvia - if you must experience it I would highly recommend having a sober and resourceful sitter who cares about you and is physically and emotionally able to prevent you from hurting yourself. You're playing with fire - literally.

IMO, meaningful cultivation and intoxication are mutually exclusive unless you are working with an experienced and credible shaman. Even then, there is nothing more pure than natural, unadulterated awareness. This is the state in which true contact with reality occurs. All intoxicants are tricksters and most experiences under such influence are nothing more than entertainment.

Beware of Salvia - if you must experience it I would highly recommend having a sober and resourceful sitter who cares about you and is physically and emotionally able to prevent you from hurting yourself. You're playing with fire - literally.

No, if he were playing with fire - literally, he would be LITERALLY playing with fire:

1464081138_687291502f-300x225.jpg

Literally: a word raped of it's true meaning since Al Gore created the internet.

Just your pejorative use of the word 'intoxication' conveys your lack of experience with psychedelic substances as aid in spiritual cultivation; one who has truly been down that rabbit hole and has experienced the truly profound spiritual experiences of psychedelics would not describe it as "intoxicated". Why are they spiritual experiences? Because true psychedelics, magic mushrooms(psilocybin), LSD, DMT, Ketamine, Ibogaine are EGO DISSOLVING NATURAL SUBSTANCES that in my belief are here to remind us of our TRUE NATURE (emptiness). The ego dissolving property of psychedelics are why people have "bad trips"; they are too immersed, too engrossed into their false sense of self, their ego... the further away from the ego, the farther away from unity/oneness with the Tao, the true self, psychedelics return you to your true nature. For example, upon ingestion of the magic mushrooms the spirit of the shroom and its energy field becomes symbiotically bonded with the consumer subsequently affecting the energy field of the person (the spirit energy fusion raise the vibrational frequency, also expanding the aura, which combined has an effect on the consciousness and its illusory, imaginary little inhabitant, the ego. It begins to dissolve and for people too absorbed by their ego they desperately cling onto a single concept or emotion as a means of retaining their 'identity' which equates to feeling like they are dying/are going to die... and in a sense you do die on psychedelics; your ego dies and your awareness/consciousness is united with its true/higher self, the source, the Tao. At this point, the paradox of doing by non-doing is epitomized and experienced first hand. When you surrender to the experience and do not fight, oh the beauty. Surrender is key. For those inexperienced with psychedelics and skeptical of this 'ego dissolving' aspect, please enjoy: http://egodeath.com/ ... if words could only articulate the sacredness of the experience... the Tao that can be named is not the true Tao. Why people so obsessively cling to the notion that when one uses psychedelic substances they are henceforth in some sort of "false/fake reality".... these substances raise your vibrational level and spearhead your awareness into higher consciousness in the SAME, ONE non-dual reality.

Edited by fizix
  • Like 1

Some times we are not ready to get what we ask for.

I agree on one reality. The same reality where if you jump off a cliff alone, you probably die. Maybe some people are meant to do that, who knows. But I feel inclined to not speak much of it because it can tempt the ones who aren't meant for it.

I don't think I could forgive myself if I said "go ahead!" and they had a similar experience to mine, or worse. I accept that experience now but then it was an extremely rude and frightening awakening which I didn't even know was possible.

I've tried smoking salvia numerous times. 10x and 20x...neither had any affect on me, except making me feel a little high.

I've tried smoking salvia numerous times. 10x and 20x...neither had any affect on me, except making me feel a little high.

You were smoking total bunk junk, as with quality salvia one tiny grandma hit will make you forget that you exist as a human being (or that you even exist); no but really, its not that salvia has little effect on you, its just that you used very little salvia to affect you; there are no salvia immunity glands. If you smoked the proper dose/quality of salvia for the standard trip you would be tripping balls.

yea you gotta use a torch lighter and preferably a water pipe... cuz it's the vapor actually, not the smoke that gets you going...

or that's what the dude at the head shop told me... and OH BOY that seemed to work...

but I wouldn't recommend it... You have no idea...

Literally: a word raped of it's true meaning since Al Gore created the internet.

The vast majority of non-indigenous users smoke Salvia, smoking usually involves fire.

I won't bother with the rest of your post as I have no interest in defending my statements or trying to change your opinions.

Be well.

You were smoking total bunk junk, as with quality salvia one tiny grandma hit will make you forget that you exist as a human being (or that you even exist); no but really, its not that salvia has little effect on you, its just that you used very little salvia to affect you; there are no salvia immunity glands. If you smoked the proper dose/quality of salvia for the standard trip you would be tripping balls.

Not only is a much higher concentration recommended to feel the effects of smoked salvia, but a few other tips will also help.

First, use a bong or some other large chambered piece. The more smoke you can draw, the better. Cooled water or an ice catcher also helps ease the harshness so that a proper sized hit can be taken.

Second, a torch lighter is a must. Regular lighters simply don't reach the temperature required to vaporize the chemical.

Third, if you're inexperienced, consider having a sitter, as someone in the out-there state can do some strange things when they begin to float down far enough into reality to regain motor control, but not full reasoning.

All in all, BE SAFE, take it slow, and learn as much as you can about what's going on and your own limits.

No, don't do it, absolutely not.

Salvia is a hallucinogen. You smoke it, and will experience visions. I tried it once, and this was my experience. I lost all motor control, I was standing when I smoked it, then I grabbed a tree, swung around, and fell on the ground. As quickly as it started, it was over. It wore off after a couple minutes, then 30 minutes later it was as if it never happened.

Sitting in meditation will likely have no effect on your experience.

If you want a psychedelic meditative experience, try Cannabis. You will at least have control over your musculoskeletal system.

fizix there are a few people such as myself who require multiple exposures to salvia to achieve any effects. I smoked it regularly and in the correct manner for a few months and got nothing but a deep voice and felt slightly relaxed. My roommate on the other hand was being eaten by our couch and moving perpendicularly to the universe. It was not "bunk junk" but I honestly do not know the explanation for this. I did not achieve any effects until I tried it again a few years later.