Encephalon

Toying with the idea of replacing Vicodin with reefer for pain mgmt.

I LOVE the stuff that lets the subconscious percolate upwards,

Me to, but it seem like I'm getting riped off on my Tramadol.I need a prescription to get it and I can't get more than 20 capsules at a time so I'm at the doctors every week and a bit. + no cool side effects :(

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival :D and current situation re medication

good to see how some folks can overcome difficult obstacles

Edited by zerostao

since we're on a taoist board, what about medical qigong, tcm acupuncture, or chinese herbs? :huh:

I wish the OP all the best with his treatment.

frankly guys I am a little surprized that this thread didn't evolve into a in-depth dicussion of medical qigong? maybe most here don't really believe qigong works when important matters are on the line :) I consider this thread a freudian slip!

I wish the OP all the best with his treatment.

frankly guys I am a little surprized that this thread didn't evolve into a in-depth dicussion of medical qigong? maybe most here don't really believe qigong works when important matters are on the line smile.gif I consider this thread a freudian slip!

medical qigongs and healing qigongs.

is there a distinction between those 2?

Edited by zerostao

anyone please think twice before increasing your tolerance level.

here in eastern ky, the strongest currency is oxy-codone.

cash is a distant second.

hill folk will drive to mexico, probably to china to get it.

pain clinics in ft lauderdale fl were closed down for having 90+% of their patients from

eastern ky. this continues to day.

now newer stronger drugs as opana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQwij0nDBE

i have heard said up to ten times stronger than oxy-codone are showing up.

miracle drug or scourge? idk just think twice

closedeyes.gif

that crap is nasty, was on it in 95 when I had back surgery - it didnt even take away pain, it just made me feel like I had a 5 foot radius of cobwebs around me!

Just for the record, I launched this OP almost a year ago. I've been off the reefer for almost two years. I subscribe to the spirit if not the letter of the 11th step of AA - "continued to increase our conscious contact with (_______________)"; fill in the blank - God, Higher Power, Dharma, Tao.

I absolutely believe chi kung and nei kung offer a viable means to free oneself from addictive behavior, but in my case, progress is essential to keep complacency from dragging me back into my old habits, and I'd bet that this applies to others as well.

"I absolutely believe chi kung and nei kung offer a viable means to free oneself from addictive behavior, but in my case, progress is essential to keep complacency from dragging me back into my old habits, and I'd bet that this applies to others as well. "

i agree completely with this, i can't respond to the other part of your thread as i know zilch about 11th steps or other steps.

Edited by zerostao

Well it looks like everythimng here is basically wrapped up, but i wanted to add a few nickles or dimes (if it's a penny for a thoughts then.... here, have these free of charge :lol: )

In my experience, Cannabis has varying effects, depending on the strain and potency thereof, but there is an overall truth that it amplifies, or intensifies, whatever the active mindset of the user is.

For example, some people say it dulls pain, or makes it more apparent, some say it makes you stupid, some say smart.

I say the reason for these contrasts is that it heightens the mentality of the user at the time.

If you're trying to mentally block out the pain, the pot amps that effort and succedes in blocking pain.

If you're wanting to be stupid and do dumb things just for shits and giggles, you're likely to get run over by a slow moving tractor or rhinoceros... depending on where you licve, maybe both.

The point i want to make above all, is that it is good for this purpose of raising the mentality output.

I like to use it for a before-and-after workout because it keeps me focused while im trying to be, and helps me relax afterward and reflect on the work out and workouts of past.

There are always drawbacks, and the depletion of energy is one i "use". By working out harder and harder with less and less energy, i believe i manage to build my energy usage effeciency.

The munchies also aide me in building a "hunger resistence" as long as i dont sate them.

I hope that's at least somewhat useful.

Just as alcohol has it's harms, it also has it's benefits. you can eitehr get drunk, or you can steralize a knife.

Pot might amplify the mindset, but it is the responsibility of the user to moderate their usage and mentality.

Hot Nirvana Judo Trend Icon........

"First and foremost: BREATHE.

Then, just be Harmless, not helpful."

Why is not helpful....???

Hot Nirvana Judo Trend Icon........

"First and foremost: BREATHE.

Then, just be Harmless, not helpful."

Why is not helpful....???

My guess is that by attempting to "help" you're forcing yourself into an active role in the incredibly intricate and complex universe of cause-and-effect and may wind up doing more harm than help. By remaining "harmless" one allows the universe to take care of itself.

Just my two cents. Definitions on what constitutes "help" and "harmless" I leave to the philosophers. :P