RongzomFan

Collected Robert Bruce Posts on Kundalini

Want to borrow my book?

8704678.jpg

;)

I can't see the image :P

Going directly to the URL doesn't work too good either :(

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I'm really enjoying the series of Kundalini threads. It's like a lucky dip, you just never know what you're gonna get, in the other one we got some nice Buddhism and on this one we get OBE.

I think all the threads on the bums should be labeled 'Kundalini', then we'd have to really go searching for something we are interested in, actually it's often a pleasant surprise. :D

@Mal: Is that book any good Mal?

I can't see the image :P

Going directly to the URL doesn't work too good either :(

I can see it and I can tell you sloppy that it's title is: "Mals big bumper book of Playboy Bunnies in the Playboy Mansion".

ps. Not really.'Mastering Astral Projection' Robert bruce and Brian Mercer'

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

I can see it and I can tell you sloppy that it's title is: "Mals big bumper book of Playboy Bunnies in the Playboy Mansion".

ps. Not really.'Mastering Astral Projection' Robert bruce and Brian Mercer'

Aw man, I liked the first one :(:P

I've actually taken a look at that book in the bookstore, and most of what's in that book (that I saw) is actually in his other books (which I have), just in a schedule form (and I don't have any problems keeping a schedule).

So thanks for the offer, Mal, but I'm good :)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I liked the 1st one too B)

and most of what's in that book (that I saw) is actually in his other books (which I have), just in a schedule form (and I don't have any problems keeping a schedule).

Yes, lots of info presented as a step by step course, thats what she is.

I quite like the book, it's the only Robert Bruce book I have, as there is a lot of information in it. I didn't use it's "90 day" method, too many other schedules :lol: But Id recommend it for being as close to a comprehensive method of mastering Astral Projection in 90 days as its possible to get.

• Like 1

first thing is to take a blue sheet of construction paper and a red sheet of construction paper and tape them to a white wall. Take a few steps back, and look at the edges. You will see the "aura" of the colors.

Then take a look at the edges of the leaves of a houseplant or outdoor tree.

Now finally...

Take of your glasses or contacts (this is important) and look at the edges of your bare feet in sunlight. Sunlight is important too.

alwayson - are you shure you want to do this?

The guy will be blaming you for every time he goes to the toilet and nothing comes out the way he wants it to.

Besides the proof of Astral projection is when you meet someone on the astral and then again in real life.

Also - the solar equanox (Dong Zhi) is only a few days away (Dec. 21)- thus the 90 day training period is almost impossible to reach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice#Seasonal_position

I suggest to let him wander around on his own and grow up a -lot-.

In yoga, astral training is known as "the dieing that gives life" thus must be performed within the timings of the universe AKA: winter.

I'm really enjoying the series of Kundalini threads. It's like a lucky dip, you just never know what you're gonna get, in the other one we got some nice Buddhism and on this one we get OBE.

I think all the threads on the bums should be labeled 'Kundalini', then we'd have to really go searching for something we are interested in, actually it's often a pleasant surprise. :D

heh heh.:)

I liked the 1st one too B)

Yes, lots of info presented as a step by step course, that’s what she is.

I quite like the book, it's the only Robert Bruce book I have, as there is a lot of information in it. I didn't use it's "90 day" method, too many other schedules :lol: But I’d recommend it for being as close to a comprehensive method of mastering Astral Projection in 90 days as it’s possible to get.

You'd recommend it for being as close to a comprehensive method of mastering Astral Projection in 90 days as it’s possible to get. BUT... you didn't use it ?

Please

Tell us how you would defeat the Guardian of the Gates so famously written about in Hindu, Greek and Roman literature on the subject.

I'm sure you will remember - it is the one that entraps the passer by's in hell forever...

I will tell you this much - the information is contained in the webpage listed in the URL below.

And the Guardian of the gates is a reality that must be dealt with when aplying learned methods of astral travel. The unknowing experimenters do stand a chance of being trapped in a hell created in their own mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus

This is the one or should I say '3' :

Cerbere.jpg

Edited by Alfred E
  • Like 1

alwayson - are you shure you want to do this?

The guy will be blaming you for every time he goes to the toilet and nothing comes out the way he wants it to.

Besides the proof of Astral projection is when you meet someone on the astral and then again in real life.

Also - the solar equanox (Dong Zhi) is only a few days away (Dec. 21)- thus the 90 day training period is almost impossible to reach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice#Seasonal_position

I suggest to let him wander around on his own and grow up a -lot-.

In yoga, astral training is known as "the dieing that gives life" thus must be performed within the timings of the universe AKA: winter.

Perhaps you should get to know people a bit more, rather than only reading a handful of their posts and then putting them on your ignore list ;)

You know what they say about assumptions, don't you?? They make an ASS out of U and ME (ASS U ME.... ASSUME).

How about, instead of attacking people and accusing them of not having the proper methods, why not share some of what YOU (would) do which will get everyone through the pitfalls that we are all going to fall into if we keep doing what we're doing?

Or are we not ready to receive your immense wisdom? :rolleyes:

Or have you already given it, and we just aren't smart enough to pass the IQ test which is life and your riddles to figure it out? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

This is a very interesting idea! Thanks for that.

I personally think Michael Raduga's - School of out of Body travel, is by far the supreme book on the subject.

Nothing against Robert Bruce, and I recall enjoying astral dynamics many years ago, but he adds a whole bunch of his own unnecessary elements to the process.

The OBE process is

1. Relax deep.

2. Get to vibration state.

3. Exit.

Now different people get better results with different exit strategies, and vibration inducers, so a variety of techniques have to be available. Raduga's work offers that in the most [scientific?] no nonsense way I have seen in an OBE work. You do not have to believe in anything, be it energy, chakras, points in your fingers or esoteric...

Its just there as a variety of simple exercises that work to greater or lesser degrees depending on each person, and you experiment to see what is good for you.

Seth.

• Like 1

I personally think Michael Raduga's - School of out of Body travel, is by far the supreme book on the subject.

Nothing against Robert Bruce, and I recall enjoying astral dynamics many years ago, but he adds a whole bunch of his own unnecessary elements to the process.

The OBE process is

1. Relax deep.

2. Get to vibration state.

3. Exit.

Now different people get better results with different exit strategies, and vibration inducers, so a variety of techniques have to be available. Raduga's work offers that in the most [scientific?] no nonsense way I have seen in an OBE work. You do not have to believe in anything, be it energy, chakras, points in your fingers or esoteric...

Its just there as a variety of simple exercises that work to greater or lesser degrees depending on each person, and you experiment to see what is good for you.

Seth.

I agree (this is his site.... yeah, looks kinda sketchy, but the download pdf is legit, as is the material).

I have also come across these videos

(yes, there are some number skips and he tells you to buy products, both of which are unnecessary). He has his own take on a few things, and gives some really good movement free reality checks at the end of his videos.

One thing that Raduga recommends is to start doing exit techniques as soon as you start getting strong vibrations. The Newport (if I recall his name correctly :P) actually says to wait until vibrations have subsided. He says that vibrations can be thought of as two different energy waves, the "physical" energy waves and the "non-physical" energy waves, and as non-physical energy waves reach a certain point, they react with physical energy waves, and produce vibrations. If you try exit techniques then, you will be doing a lot of work and struggling to overcome all the energy. But if you let the vibrations subside, then the "energy waves" will have reached a point where you are ready to exit, and the physical waves will have subsided to the point where you aren't at risk of moving your body.

Newport's movement free reality checks and exit techniques are also good because, as he accurately says, if you try one and fail, you are still relaxed. While some people suggest "just getting up", if you fail and get up using your body, you have to relax all over again. But if you fail in a movement free reality check/exit, you are still relaxed and can try again in minutes if not seconds.

Not to mention that sometimes you have situations in which you don't experience vibrations at all, but can still exit! :o So having other signs/methods of doing so help, and that's something that Robert Bruce talks about a bit as well.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I agree (this is his site.... yeah, looks kinda sketchy, but the download pdf is legit, as is the material).

I have also come across these videos

(yes, there are some number skips and he tells you to buy products, both of which are unnecessary). He has his own take on a few things, and gives some really good movement free reality checks at the end of his videos.

One thing that Raduga recommends is to start doing exit techniques as soon as you start getting strong vibrations. The Newport (if I recall his name correctly :P) actually says to wait until vibrations have subsided. He says that vibrations can be thought of as two different energy waves, the "physical" energy waves and the "non-physical" energy waves, and as non-physical energy waves reach a certain point, they react with physical energy waves, and produce vibrations. If you try exit techniques then, you will be doing a lot of work and struggling to overcome all the energy. But if you let the vibrations subside, then the "energy waves" will have reached a point where you are ready to exit, and the physical waves will have subsided to the point where you aren't at risk of moving your body.

Newport's movement free reality checks and exit techniques are also good because, as he accurately says, if you try one and fail, you are still relaxed. While some people suggest "just getting up", if you fail and get up using your body, you have to relax all over again. But if you fail in a movement free reality check/exit, you are still relaxed and can try again in minutes if not seconds.

Not to mention that sometimes you have situations in which you don't experience vibrations at all, but can still exit! :o So having other signs/methods of doing so help, and that's something that Robert Bruce talks about a bit as well.

Ahh, cool! Thanks Sloppy Zhang :)

Newport looks good...

Seth.

Ahh, cool! Thanks Sloppy Zhang :)

Newport looks good...

Seth.

Yeah, I've seen some communities that don't like the way he markets stuff, but to be honest I haven't really looked into many of his products or considered buying his products, so I can't speak to that.

But what he does have up on youtube contains some pretty solid advice, IMHO.

I believe Astral Dynamics Revised Edition is the best book on OBE.

It came out this year on the tenth anniversary of the first one.

It also describes the vision screen phenomenon, which sounds like most of you are interested in, even if you don't know what that is.

Edited by alwayson

shique mistique

Yes, it is a bit...

Although it is also a test of who can survive in the 100% mental enviornment of the astral.

So many advice givers, Egomanical wannabe teachers reading from books, unable to see the realities of the enviornment they wish to boast of mastering.

In actuality, I did not issue a challange to Mal but rather I have given the point that all must answer to both visit the Astral and/or live within ones own mental confines.

suninmyeyes, if you are one of the ethinic Yiddish speaking peoples of the Balkans - you may have access to the key to the doors I am describing - listed here: http://bwtinc.org/default.aspx

You will need to be able to understand the language of Alchemy.

This is a College specializing in the the occult where my teacher of the Astral and Yoga had attended in the 1960's.

Yes, it is a bit...

Although it is also a test of who can survive in the 100% mental enviornment of the astral.

So many advice givers, Egomanical wannabe teachers reading from books, unable to see the realities of the enviornment they wish to boast of mastering.

In actuality, I did not issue a challange to Mal but rather I have given the point that all must answer to both visit the Astral and/or live within ones own mental confines.

suninmyeyes, if you are one of the ethinic Yiddish speaking peoples of the Balkans - you may have access to the key to the doors I am describing - listed here: http://bwtinc.org/default.aspx

You will need to be able to understand the language of Alchemy.

This is a College specializing in the the occult where my teacher of the Astral and Yoga had attended in the 1960's.

Interesting stuff.

Reminds me of http://www.thedivinescience.org/. A couple of the teachers are frequent posters on http://forums.vsociety.net/ (Prophecy and Veos), teaching a mix of Yoga and Franz Bardon's material. Bardon's material (Initiation Into Hermetics) is also said to be connected to the White Brotherhood/Lodge (a bit can be found in the book Frabato the Magician).

Though I did come across this article on Dr. Doreal. A bit old and seems to be incomplete (or maybe it's just that short?)

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

It also describes the vision screen phenomenon, which sounds like most of you are interested in, even if you don't know what that is.

The point is Not: how to get there - we all do that each night in the dream state - the point is how to survive there, in the mentaly conscious mode, within the enviornment of your own mind.

As a primer I would suggest you go to see the movie Inception so that you would at least have a small Idea of what the guardian of the Gates is... http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/dvd/

The point is Not: how to get there - we all do that each night in the dream state - the point is how to survive there, in the mentaly conscious mode, within the enviornment of your own mind.

As a primer I would suggest you go to see the movie Inception so that you would at least have a small Idea of what the guardian of the Gates is... http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/dvd/

I understand what you are saying, but a real time zone OBE is totally different than a lucid dream.

EDIT: Astral Dynamics covers both.

Edited by alwayson

What part of that film would you describe as "guardian of the gates"?

******SPOILER ALERT******

His subconscious memories of his wife that kept on getting in the way? The subconscious defenses of other people? The abyss that they could fall into if they were killed?

Bruces methods work well, relaxation is important and meditation just like most practices. Although I prefer mental projection to OBE. Matter and energy is vibration at the core, and that's why remembering the feel is so important. Nice posts and thank you.

Sorry alwayson, but no it is not. Roberts techniques only work for some people. You seem to be one of those people, and great. :)

Your mistake is in saying that because it worked for you it is therefore best for everyone.

A book like Raduga's, [and Newports stuff by the look of it] is tailored to the many kinds of people that might wish to try it and it has many alternatives and instructions for the people who the techniques do not work for.

In that way it is more 'scientific.' as it is a simple breakdown of the bare essentials, which Bruces work is not. I am not saying that roberts stuff is no good, but it piles unnecessary baggage on what is actually needed to achieve a simple projection...

Seth.

Happy Travels :)

And I'm trying to make the point that even conditioned, professional athletes rely on their ability to relax in order to perform effectively.

Even if they are in a giant stadium full of opposing fans who hate them and want them to eat dirt every pass, an NFL quarterback can still perform. If he tenses up, gets cramped, is short on the passes, he gets booted and replaced with someone who can perform.

So it's painful to see supporters of OBE's and psychic phenomena say, "well I can't perform in front of people or in a test because I have to be relaxed or it won't work." It's like, uh... how about you have some self confidence? How about you practice consistently and test yourself rigorously enough to know that what you're doing is real, and that you are going to do it regardless of whether there are people around, and regardless of whether they want you to fail!

If you (generic you, not you specifically) can't do that, maybe they should either train, or find someone else who can.

Because as of now, despite the nice words (even of Mr. Bruce), I haven't seen anybody step forward to actually prove that anything they say they are doing is actually happening. For all the talk of communicating with friends across the globe, visiting places they've never been, walking around their house and listening in on other peoples' conversations, you'd think SOMEONE would have verified this, and you'd think SOMEONE, at least ONE PERSON would have said, "hey, I can make a big change with this!"

So far all you ever hear someone say is, "I can do it, so I've proven it to myself, maybe you should prove it to yourself too one day!"

I haVe wondered that too, have any theories? I think it has to do with Karma/rules. Funny, I know. But if rules didn't exist we'd probaBly have people performing amazing and unbelievable feats daily.

Who says these things don't happeen though? I say they do, but that is oonly. My opinion.

I haVe wondered that too, have any theories? I think it has to do with Karma/rules. Funny, I know. But if rules didn't exist we'd probaBly have people performing amazing and unbelievable feats daily.

Maybe. I dunno how I feel about karma. It does make sense, and in some situations I'm likely to agree with it. But in others it just doesn't sit right with me though.

Who says these things don't happeen though? I say they do, but that is oonly. My opinion.

Oh well I fully believe that they do. And see this is the thing about me personally that doesn't always come across well....

I'm a junior in college right now. I have to do a lot of things academic. Paper writing, research, etc for both the humanities and the sciences. Now in such an environment, you see a lot of differences between personal and professional opinion. For instance, there are plenty of religious/spiritual scientists out there, but they make a distinction between what they believe to be true and what they can scientifically prove.

I am pretty similar.

I personally believe that humans are capable of doing awesome things. I believe there are people who HAVE actually done amazing things. I believe there are people PRESENTLY who can DO amazing things. That is my personal opinion and my personal belief.

Now, if I were going to write a research paper for a science class, would I have any support? Well..... it would be scarce, at best. There have been some interesting studies with tummo (see the thread). There have been some interesting studies with psi (Dean Radin is pretty vocal on that front). You can (quite successfully) make arguments that the scientific/public community is just not open to accepting these things even if they do see them, which is why there is not a lot of good research, and the good research that is out there doesn't get funding.

And that's all well and good.... but at the end of the day we are left with sparse amounts of research.

On top of that, there is the prevailing attitude in the spiritual community that, "I do not have to do any work. If you want to know, you must come to me. You don't believe me? Too bad, I can do X,Y, and Z, and I'm not gonna show you just because you ask, if you want to know, do it yourself!"

And, you know, that's fine. It's their prerogative to say/believe whatever they want. It's just that, from an investigative view, that is not a very promising sign. It doesn't mean they are lying. It's just not promising. And if everyone gave everyone the benefit of the doubt and tried things without proof, we'd all spend a lot of time and money figuring out who is a fraud and who is not, when a great way to expedite the process is "the burden of proof lies on the people making the claim". This way people don't have to spend significant amounts of time with potentially fraudulent systems and get nothing out of it (some claim you have to do a system for months or years before results, and if that person is a fraud, that's months/years down the drain for someone!)

So, yeah, personally, I'm a "believer". But nobody gets anywhere if we just pat each other on the back every time someone makes a wonderful claim about (as we understand the term now) superhuman feats. So on occasion I prefer to take up the "professional" approach, and investigate and ask questions.

And some people don't like that, and I'm sorry.

Trust me, even I feel like a dick saying, "why don't you prove it?" but, you know, as I said before- I would want people ask me tough questions and investigate me if I made claims, ESPECIALLY because there are lots of people looking for genuine methods. As a person who is dedicated to this path, and as someone who has been duped before, I know it's hard to find something real and good. And asking questions and being critical is a great way to weed out frauds, and help find a genuine person/practice.

And hopefully there are people who are helped by such critical inquiries.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this