rene

General Discussions

I thought it would be polite to inform everyone that I have asked to be removed as the subforum moderator. I also wanted to take the time to thank those people that have helped make the subforum such a great place to visit. I appreciate everyone's insight and comments and I hope that it can continue to grow.

About a year ago, a small group of us started up this forum with doubts as to whether or not it would ever get anywhere, obviously it did. I think this would be a great time to thank those people especially, you know who you are.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

I thought it would be polite to inform everyone that I have asked to be removed as the subforum moderator. I also wanted to take the time to thank those people that have helped make the subforum such a great place to visit. I appreciate everyone's insight and comments and I hope that it can continue to grow.

About a year ago, a small group of us started up this forum with doubts as to whether or not it would ever get anywhere, obviously it did. I think this would be a great time to thank those people especially, you know who you are.

Aaron

Indeed. I too thank everyone who has participated. I think the TTC sub-forum has gone quite well. And thanks to you Aaron for getting it started.

Try to enjoy your long hours. May you earn enough to get yourself stabalized.

Aaron

Aaron, thank you and Apech especially for getting us launched in a pretty smooth manner; and Marblehead for later taking the helm. :wub:

To everyone,

There is something personal I would like to tell you. My beloved husband died on May 5th. There were times, between then and now, that I would come here to read and I found delight and brief moments of happy in reading your posts. The energy you all put into your words, your debates, your heart - touched me in ways you could not have known. Thank you. Yesterday was my first day back after two months totally off-line, and I look forward to reading the last 30 chapters you all explored. I've no plan to revive any of the threads - unless of course ChiDragon or lienshan (or Marblehead!) has said something so outlandish it can't be ignored. :o:lol:

IMO - the true test of any system of ideas, or beliefs, or faiths, is whether or not it will hold up when tested in the extreme. For me, the concepts found in the TTC held up, and held me up, as I crawled my way back. My wish for each of you is that you find what works for you, and enjoy the journey of discovering what that is.

warmest regards

... (or Marblehead!) has said something so outlandish it can't be ignored. :o:lol:

warmest regards

Yes, I do that on occasion, don't I?

And indeed. I always felt you would be back as soon as you took care of business.

Aaron, thank you and Apech especially for getting us launched in a pretty smooth manner; and Marblehead for later taking the helm. :wub:

To everyone,

There is something personal I would like to tell you. My beloved husband died on May 5th. There were times, between then and now, that I would come here to read and I found delight and brief moments of happy in reading your posts. The energy you all put into your words, your debates, your heart - touched me in ways you could not have known. Thank you. Yesterday was my first day back after two months totally off-line, and I look forward to reading the last 30 chapters you all explored. I've no plan to revive any of the threads - unless of course ChiDragon or lienshan (or Marblehead!) has said something so outlandish it can't be ignored. :o:lol:

IMO - the true test of any system of ideas, or beliefs, or faiths, is whether or not it will hold up when tested in the extreme. For me, the concepts found in the TTC held up, and held me up, as I crawled my way back. My wish for each of you is that you find what works for you, and enjoy the journey of discovering what that is.

warmest regards

Best wishes Rene and welcome back.

Hi Rene;

Never had the pleasure of having dialogues with you.

My condolences.

And Welcome Back happy.gif.

All the litte things,

Be Well.

The world we live in is a constantly changing thing, and how we see the world is based purely on our perspective a closed human perspective............close your eyes and look deep within and see the world through you inner perspective and so much more will be seen

The world we live in is a constantly changing thing, and how we see the world is based purely on our perspective a closed human perspective............close your eyes and look deep within and see the world through you inner perspective and so much more will be seen

Yeah. And if you become good at doing that then open your eyes and try viewing the world, or any of the changing conditions, from another's perspective.

Then, if you are able to attain that state you might try viewing the world, or any of the changing conditions, from the perspective of Tao. Let me know if you ever attain this as I would love to learn from you.

Hi, Rene,

I just get back to the Forum.

My condolence. It is always a personal loss.

I shall always remember my short meetting with him.

Wayne

Here's a rolling thread anyone can use for general discussions and random thoughts about the TaoTeChing overall, Laozi legends, TTC history & evolution, incorporation into Taoist doctrines, etc, or anything TTC related you want. smile.gif

UPDATE: July 23, 2013

Since the recent restructuring - we now have a whole sub-forum for these kinds of discussions - and you are right here reading in it! :lol:

If you find anything you want to comment on from the earlier pages of this thread - you can do it here or start a new topic, either way fine.

Have fun!