Cameron

Blender Concoctions

According to Paul Bergner, it's the same plant.

If you buy the standard chinese stuff, do you rinse before eating? I imagine the expensive stuff in the health food stores is already pre-washed..i'm wondering about the cheaper chinatown versions..it must have pesticides and junk on it don't you think?

T

I doubt it can handle an avocado pit, but besides that, it's up for it.

I doubt it can handle an avocado pit, but besides that, it's up for it.

I've used it for an avacado pit, (I was a little worried dropping it in there but it) works fine.

cool, I was too scared to do that! I'm glad it can handle ...The Pit. But did it do anything for you?

cool, I was too scared to do that! I'm glad it can handle ...The Pit. But did it do anything for you?

:lol::lol::lol:

I was already over-whelmed by the raw blends, so I wasn't in a position to notice.

The last few days I've been taking a break and eating "regular". :D

Back to it soon.

Tried brussel sprouts plus oranges and mango- was so bad i could only drink half. Cauliflower and the same fruits went much better yesterday, but I've noticed that for me 'tolerable' means 'disgusting' for most.

I haven't used the new blender to do avocado seeds yet. My intake of oils is mostly from flax seed and hemp seed oils.

This morning: papaya, banana and spinach, with a dollop of raw cream and raw honey.

Yesterday: strawberry, banana, broccoli stalk, apple juice.

I find this sort of thing really sustaining: my usual "morning at work tea and toast binge" seems unnecessary.

And it makes me piss a lot, which I like, for no obvious reason.

Beetroot, apple, pear and nutmeg. Plus a bit of apple juice to get it moving.

Not my idea: I was surprised by how nice it was.

Also: have found that both beetroot leaves and asparagus stalks blend into a fruit mix without adding too much "green" flavour.

Sean got me to drink raw eggs so I have been putting an organic omega 3 egg in with my shakes. Latest fav...spinach, bananas, raw honey and organic egg.

Re. "omega" eggs.. make sure they are really free range, grass-eating chickens. Not all omega eggs are free-range, and what's called free-range can mean that the hens are given a 3-inch square of concrete to be free in :blink:

Chickens eat grass and insects, not grains no matter how organic the grains are or how much omega-3 they're supplemented with. I sometimes eat omega eggs because they're cheaper than the grass-fed, but when I'm eating them raw I stick to the best.

-Karen

This morning I did a bag of frozen blueberries, 2 scoops hemp protein, cod liver oil, coconut oil, 1 banana, water.

Would love to add fresh-ground flax and sesame seeds, butter oil, olive oil and organic grassfed dessicated liver powder or thymus powder.

Cameron,

Those Chino Valley Ranchers eggs are not the best. The hens are free to roam the floor of their houses, not exactly a proper environment for a hen which needs to peck for insects in real grass. They're fed "pure vegetarian" grains and other organic feed, really misleading because it makes it sound so pure and natural, but that's not a hen's biologically appropriate diet.

Sort of like if we ate all organic, pristine grass.. :D

I use those sorts of eggs for cooking, but I just don't trust them for eating raw. When in doubt, you can always call the manufacturer and find out exactly what the hens are eating. It may be harder to find eggs from purely grass-fed hens, but the good products are largely grass-fed, with supplements of other feed. Local farmers' markets are often a good source.

-Karen

Do they sell the good ones at Whole Foods? Any certain brand name to look for?

*drinks shake with raw egg nervously*

Look for sources at Eatwild.com

I wouldn't be concerned about the eggs you have, but try to get the real grass-fed ones for the greatest benefit.

OMG, I made the best smoothie ever this morning! 1 bag frozen cherries, 1 cup raw cow milk, 2 raw eggs, 1 can coconut milk. YUMMINESS!!!!!

OMG, I made the best smoothie ever this morning! 1 bag frozen cherries, 1 cup raw cow milk, 2 raw eggs, 1 can coconut milk. YUMMINESS!!!!!

i can't get raw milk in ny :(

btw, an indian friend of mine said that in India the milk is really buffalo milk..cow milk is considered too fatty..

Where in New York? There are tons of raw milk sources in NY listed on realmilk.org

Really? that must be old or it's under the table stuff..it's definately not legal here..

I'll have to check that out..

T

Anyways, you can always just do coconut milk, grass-fed eggs and cherries... YUMMY!!!!!!!!

I've been eating raw beets recently and I feel like they're doing really good stuff inside, dunno what. They seem to be hot w/ hippies these days, various articles re: beets curing cancer etc on the web.

post-19-129244075708_thumb.jpg

sliced up in salad, sliced up on its own, blended

When I first bought my Vitamix I made a few awful tasting smoothies and than stuck to recipes till I developed an understanding of what tastes good to me. Now I have a vague formula I follow that is pretty much dictated by what I buy at farmers markets or on sale at the co-op.

60% sweet fruits

10-20% tart citric fruits: The lower range volume wise occurs when I toss in whole limes or lemons.

30-40% Other: Anything from more fruit, nuts, seeds, veggies; like cucumber or sweet potato are favorites.

And the bonus: Maca, Bee pollen, or whatever weird green stuff's my girlfriend buys.

On cold days or when I'm just feeling chilled I throw in some ginger.