Niklas

g-tummo

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. No time for anything anymore :/

Anyway from what I know of tummo these are the techniques I have found publicly available for it.

The easiest method for triggering inner fire as I understand it is sitting in full lotus if possible, concentrating the mind's awareness at the naval and using deep slow diaphragmatic breathing.

The second method: While seated in a simple cross-legged position, grasp the underneath of your thighs with your hands. Use your stomach and abdominal muscles to circle the belly area three times to the right and three times to the left while keeping the torso still. (You can prepare for this by first moving the muscles left and right, then gradually building up to a circular movement.) Churn the stomach vigorously by rippling the muscles from top to bottom, then shake your body like a dog that has just come out of the water. While you are doing so, raise yourself a little on your crossed legs, then drop back again onto your cushion, in effect bouncing a little off the floor. Repeat this whole exercise three times, ending with a more vigorous bounce.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. No time for anything anymore :/

Anyway from what I know of tummo these are the techniques I have found publicly available for it.

The easiest method for triggering inner fire as I understand it is sitting in full lotus if possible, concentrating the mind's awareness at the naval and using deep slow diaphragmatic breathing.

The second method: While seated in a simple cross-legged position, grasp the underneath of your thighs with your hands. Use your stomach and abdominal muscles to circle the belly area three times to the right and three times to the left while keeping the torso still. (You can prepare for this by first moving the muscles left and right, then gradually building up to a circular movement.) Churn the stomach vigorously by rippling the muscles from top to bottom, then shake your body like a dog that has just come out of the water. While you are doing so, raise yourself a little on your crossed legs, then drop back again onto your cushion, in effect bouncing a little off the floor. Repeat this whole exercise three times, ending with a more vigorous bounce."

HAHA! Awesome! I just followed this description through my mind into my body while just sitting here not cross legged and got all high dude!! Yo!

The second method: While seated in a simple cross-legged position, grasp the underneath of your thighs with your hands. Use your stomach and abdominal muscles to circle the belly area three times to the right and three times to the left while keeping the torso still. (You can prepare for this by first moving the muscles left and right, then gradually building up to a circular movement.) Churn the stomach vigorously by rippling the muscles from top to bottom, then shake your body like a dog that has just come out of the water. While you are doing so, raise yourself a little on your crossed legs, then drop back again onto your cushion, in effect bouncing a little off the floor. Repeat this whole exercise three times, ending with a more vigorous bounce.

Yep, big fan of no 1 there. I can get a lot of heat that way, [lol if i have been good with my jing chi] and have successfully sat in an Icy storm in shorts and a T-shirt, radiating heat through my whole body comfortable as warm toast.

I sit in Lotus, which feels like it draws up a lot of earth energy, I hold palms and fore arms up, level with my solar plexus to receive heavenly chi, then with each in breath I draw through the central chanel from earth and heaven to LDT. sometimes when I first start I hold it for a short period with light contraction of abdomen and pc muscles, then I breath back out to Heaven and Earth...

Fun :)

Oh nice! But if I can't sit in full lotus in the first method, is there any difference if I do it cross legged? Or would it better to do the second method in that case?

Oh nice! But if I can't sit in full lotus in the first method, is there any difference if I do it cross legged? Or would it better to do the second method in that case?

As I understand it, it isn't absolutely required, just adds to the effectiveness of the technique.

my mind still generates lots of warmth out of Lotus, but at least for myself, I have not been able to warm my whole body out of Full Lotus. When I first did it I was 'Very' surprised at how much more LDT energy the position generated...

But I am not a high level practitioner and in no way have mastered gTummo. :)

Seth.

They teach Tummo in KAP 101.

Course there's a lot more to it then technique, there's building up energy and practice, practice, practice.

Michael

I was not much interested in Tumo until I learnt it via KAP. Now I find it a useful way to build up energy.

Ah... we've been deluding ourselves for way too long. The most enlightened ever on this planet had masterful guidance. Though, there are very few who came to on their own... very few. We generally just fool ourselves, so many pitfalls and it's hard to get an objective opinion about yourself from yourself. Ya know?

Please speak for yourself by removing we from your opinion. You do not speak for all beings. I for one have no interest in being classified as suffering from delusion.

Please speak for yourself by removing we from your opinion. You do not speak for all beings. I for one have no interest in being classified as suffering from delusion.

Yes, ok Mr. Jalus, Mr. Super compassionate, non-judgemental!

gTummo - the loneman pai version works really nice in clearing blockages from the central channel.

Better than some of the other techniques I have tried.

Never practiced gtummo, but I was able to generate massive amounts of heat, dripping sweat, while practicing nadi sodhana with the triple bhandas, kechari mudra and most of my focus on the third eye - nothing really on LDT except that small amount of attention to enact Uddiyana bhanda. I think that the practice of khumbaka, regardless of which pranayama is used, does much to cause heat generation. If you do a search on khumbaka and heat production you will find that sentiment echoed among those in the yoga community.

The way they do in the video - this is reliant on food energy too, constant moving and burning.

When I was living outdoors in the North, this practice is an issue I worked with out of necessity. I did study before, but then to apply and refine, living provides better instruction, with price of success or failure according to reality.

There are other methods not using so much constant movement - people at the bus stop also are doing many movements to stay warm. This is good for the time before the bus comes.

When did the bus come for the guys in video? How long are they sitting and moving and being okay constantly expending?

In the forest and outside, we did this for months and months - nowhere to go but in cold, even near fire we are still in cold.

And not enough food to keep moving so much - not so much better, starving in warm vs starving in cold.

-VonKrankenhaus

...also, the body adapts to the demands imposed upon it. SAID principle. Wim Hoff's methods use this principle. If you want to generate more heat, start spending more and more time outside with less and less clothes on, you won't even need to use special methods to some extent...your body will automatically adapt.