DalTheJigsaw123

How To Heal A Cold With Tao? Or Zen?

+10 on the Garlic Tea, (just boil a full clove for 5 min) worked really well for me + quite soothing and tasty.

If you really mean one clove rather than one bulb, you must have some mean garlic down under! :D I use 2 cups of water over a whole bulb, not one clove but, like, a dozen, peeled and crushed. You pour boiling water over it, bring back to a boil and cook it for 2-3 minutes, then steep, covered, for another 15. Despite a massive amount of garlic, this takes the bite out of it and it's indeed surprisingly decent-tasting. This is a true remedy, not symptomatic but a strong antiviral/bactericide with a particular affinity to the Lungs. This helps not just with a common cold but even with the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, though the dose would have to be higher -- 4 cups daily.

• Like 3

Ginger bath . LOADS of ginger in a very hot water , let soak for a while . Close the door so bathroom is full of ginger steam .

Put it in a cheese cloth to avoid messy cleaning afterwards .

Edited by suninmyeyes

How to heal a cold with Tao...

Well..

I put my index and middle finger together.

Point them at my nose and

Say loudly with authority

"The power of Tao compels you"

18 times in a row.

I find this practice moves people

far away from me

so I don't get their germs.

The crazy thing is I do have a stuffy nose and for some inexplicable reason I did this (not 18x though) and it did seem clear my nostril!?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

How to heal a cold with Tao...

Well..

I put my index and middle finger together.

Point them at my nose and

Say loudly with authority

"The power of Tao compels you"

18 times in a row.

I find this practice moves people

far away from me

so I don't get their germs.

The crazy thing is I do have a stuffy nose and for some inexplicable reason I did this (not 18x though) and it did seem clear my nostril!?

I don't know either but I love your strategy :-)

Mine, in no particular order:

Hot Chili tea (green tea, or any tea, but add hot chilli and drink hot)

Dry brushing entire body (don't use a wire brush but don't be wimpy about it either)

Alternating hot/cold showers (a whole system, if anyone's interested in details)

Horseradish - on everything, and pure

Hot dried chili stuffed up inside cheek

SAUNA (extensive, HOT)

Dress warm, sleep under hot quilted blanket to sweat it out overnight

Slapping techniques, self massage techniques (TCM)

Kidney herb belt, hot

Lots and lots of (hot) plain water (drinking)

Avoid cold, especially consumables

Internal expungement (raus mit dir!) of pathogens

Circulate clean pure light

Sleeeeeeeeeep

And more that isn't occurring to me at the moment because I just do most of this stuff all the time anyway.

Dry brushing was one of the first things I thought of - it's a great thing to make habitual.

Oh, something else - alkaline/base salt baths (hot, of course) with a stiff body brush session, especially around all the 'kua' areas - ankles, knee insides, groin, armpits, elbows insides... And face...

All wet procedures are actually contraindicated with a common cold, in many traditions. Heating is good but it's got to be dry heat. Some remedies include dry mustard powder in wool socks overnight, heated up salt pack on the chest (you could put the salt in a sock too for the purpose, after frying it up in a pan -- don't use a microwave), a hot hard-boiled egg to the sinuses (wrapped in, um, a sock again), stuff like that. Many colds can be zapped within hours with a gram of vitamin C every hour (sic -- a gram every hour, not lower than that and not higher in one portion. And a good brand is essential -- synthetic is nowhere near as efficient as natural ascorbic acid, derived from food sources but not from corn at that.) Colloidal silver in massive amounts, in high concentrations -- 500ppm minimum (don't bother with the 10ppm scam sold at most HFSs). The healing sound for the Lungs qigong -- VERY helpful.

Another important thing -- stay warm at all times, don't underdress, don't expose any bare body parts to the air. If you must be outside, dress up as a cabbage, don't overlook the scarf, the hat, warm socks. But it's better to stay inside, and warm.

If you get rid of it within 24 hours, remember what you did and use it the next time around. If you don't, change your protocol. A good protocol eliminates it fast if applied right away -- the longer you wait before you start the treatment, the longer you will have to wait for it to go away. The first day is crucial -- every hour corresponds to a day -- i.e. start in the first hour and you'll be done in one day, start in the second, in two, etc..

• Like 4

I like the Vit C suggestion by TM. And also her suggestion to hit it hard when a person first feels it - waiting is not good.

Also personally like echinacea but only the liquid one from GAIA herbs that is super strength.

I keep the Chinese herbal medicine formula Gan Mao Ling on the medicine shelf for family - amazing herbal combination and, in my family, if taken at the first sign of a cold usually knocks it out inside of a few hours.

The majority of long term qigong practitioners don't get colds, at least that is my experience with Stillness-Movement practitioners. But of course anyone can get the virus. For me, I have been working on clients with qi projection at the end of the day when I was a bit tired and not paying proper attention and felt the virus enter my body. Just take a few minutes and burn it out if this happens. When one has been practicing for a bit he/she should develop the sensitivity to know when this happens. If a practitioner is paying attention it usually will not happen. Virus looks different than regular sick qi so best to avoid it.

Clincal Qigong Method for clinical practitioners

from the book A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing.

"For ... the common cold, project hot Qi with the left hand on T1 with the right hand projecting cold Qi to GV-26 just below the nose. Five to ten minutes should help tremendously."

I usually hold the hands about 3-9" from the body for this one.

• Like 5

I agree with the various ideas to 'sweat it out'... just look at the items people are suggesting... they will cause a sweat in most.

I think being physically healthy, and that is different than say eating healthy, is key. An athlete trains the body in a way that food does not.

I get sick about once every 10 years... if that... and that was before my energy work.

My energy work has shown me two things:

1. I can weather most anything. My body seems immune to many things.

2. I can drink most any alcohol (my ability to consume very high alcohol took a steep climb which was a surprise... I guess that it can kill all the germs from eating as well).

The only times I get sick is due to dramatic weather changes; Last time was when I went from Florida to China in the deep of winter. I was simply not preventative enough as I could of prevented it had I used a little common sense...

Oh yea... common sense... what a thought.

• Like 2

How To Heal A Cold With Tao? Or Zen?

Oh this is actually really simple. i can not recall the exact methods, since my brain or my Self only remembers such things if I or someone else in my closer proxmity should need it - but you can simply google for "Heal Cold Qigong Organs"

You can do this yourself and you will be healed in no time.

Regarding your first question about ideology Tao or Zen.. it does not matter. So to speak illness is universal, so is Tao or Zen, do you understand? :) speaking of Holism and Qigong, healing with Direct Energy is superior to everything else. And me and my family went the conventional way to alternative, to homeopathy, directly plants (which work great also in form of raw nutrition, but it has to be very balanced) to finally direct energetic healing.

Offtopic: You might be shocked but it's the same with eating. Either we consume directly energy or consume 'physical food' which contains a fraction of that energy. I know why we are not getting so old anymore? Now you know why ;)

Edited by 4bsolute