Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Raw Food links/books?

i like herbamere or himalayan crystal salt.

salt is important!!! our entire nervous system runs on salt.

You are 100% raw? Cool. I'm about 80-90% and it's only bread which I eat when I have raw eggs or make a raw vegetable soup.

I kept bread for 4 years, and of course I would eat out when I was with friends (less than once a week) or when I would go back to Rome. I kept bread essentially because my body would go yoyo if I were to eat not enough bread. But white bread would absorb some of the excessive hormones. Then as time went by I was eating more and more bread. Moving from one little bread a day to 3 or 4 a day on which I would put the butter and honey. The result was obvious: pain in the teeth.

After all archeologist / anthropologist spot when a culture discovers bread by when the teeth of old people are not perfect anymore.

Also in time I had become slack with oil pulling and was a couple of years that I had not been doing my remineralizing tea formula. Somehow believing that my diet would keep me free of teeth problems, which would probably be true if I was 100%. But I wasn't.

So 3 weeks ago I woke up in the night with serious teeth pain. Luckily the remineralization formula worked immediatly so I went back to bed after making a very painful tea. But from then I am 100% raw, also remineralising and studying Nora's books. The hormonal problems I had 4 years ago had disappeared in the meantime (as Aajonus predicted).

Have you tried drinking eggs, by making two holes one on each side and then sucking it. From which comes 'sucking eggs'.

I am still looking for blenders, but I might have spotted a serious problem: in Italy the amount of electricity you are allowed to take depends ont he contract you have. Both in terms of amount per month and amount per instant. The average household uses a limit of 3kW. Shops use 6kW (or more) but costs much more, and single people in a small house with no washing machine would use 1.5kW. One of those blenders alone uses more energy than a whole italian house is allowed to pull from the system. No energetically self sufficient community would let you run your blender. Those are all thoughts that are running in my head, but today I want to see what is available at the local household appliances shop. Also AV speaks against blending eggs (although his recepy book blends them often) as it should break down the long protein chain. And this is with normal blending. I suppose if you blend it at 3kW you can as well put a bunch of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen inside and just pour :)

Maybe I'll wait for the next generation blenders, you know the ones you just pour gasoline inside and has a 6 horsepower engine takes from a motorbike or some small truck. Thinking about it I could link the blender to the engine of the campervan. Not electically (12volts) but mechanically :P !!

Why blending? Most of the vegetables that i blend I would never eat raw, like kale or brocoli. I always eat the seeds of fruits but even if you chew on them you never get all the nutrients out and it will go right through you. I believe seeds have as much nutritional value as the rest of the fruit. The question is: does the benefit of good nutrients outweigh the bad nutrients (the ones related to sprout retardation and such)? We need some more research before we start eatting seeds without soaking them first.

I don't eat seed. But probably I should, and the way animals do (goats...) is by keeping in their guts to soak for some time. And often eating the bacteria that is eating the food, more than the food itself. So most of those animals are not 100% vegetarians. Some people believe that our appendicite (the last part of the small intestine that gets cut off when a person has it infected) was originally a small sack to enzymatically digest food. Makes sense.

For some reason AV is strong about not using salt, probably believing that you can get the natural salt and that's enough. The problem with salt is that generally the balance of minerals is hevaily imbalanced in one sense and when it gets into the body it ends up pulling out some minerals more than adding some others.

But I am not 100% without salt, as some fish that I buy have added salt as well as some raw cheese.

Edited by Pietro

For some reason AV is strong about not using salt, probably believing that you can get the natural salt and that's enough. The problem with salt is that generally the balance of minerals is hevaily imbalanced in one sense and when it gets into the body it ends up pulling out some minerals more than adding some others.

But I am not 100% without salt, as some fish that I buy have added salt as well as some raw cheese.

herbamere is celtic sea salt mixed with vegetable and herb salts plus some kelp. is very minerally balanced in that sense.

himalayan crystal salt has every mineral available in it in a decent balance.... 84 minerals in hcs! very nice stuff, i put it in water to drink while working out as a mineral supplement.

People at rawguru.com say the blendtec total is not available in UK because it won't run off a transformer.

They suggest the vitamax is next best and shipping is $85. Haven't heard back from blendtec themselves on this.

So anyone got the vitamax? Is it same horsepower? Will it do avocado stones?

Yours too lazy to research,

I

P.S. Sifu Yap arrives in Oxford tomorrow. Hurrah!

Max,

What sort of fruits would you add to a brocolli/kale/spinach type of a mix to even out the taste? Do you ever blend cabbage or celery?

Pietro,

What is the Pritchard remineralizing formula again?

Freeform,

Where do I find miso mix?

Thanks,

Yoda

Pietro, thanks!

Another topic: food combining. I've noticed that there are folks here who believe in it. I've read Fit for Life a long time ago and I've ordered it and a copy of Raw Secrets and will report any results.

One reviewer of Raw Secrets says that many raw people have ho-hum results at being raw: better than the average American diet but not constant megaorgasmic bliss as advertised.

The two missed boats (per my surfing) is lack of greens and proper food combining. I can totally see the importance of greens, or as Max says, 50% fruit, 50% veggies, but I'm not convinced re: proper food combining.

I'll keep and open mind, and look into it in the meantime.

-Yoda

Pietro, thanks!

Another topic: food combining. I've noticed that there are folks here who believe in it. I've read Fit for Life a long time ago and I've ordered it and a copy of Raw Secrets and will report any results.

One reviewer of Raw Secrets says that many raw people have ho-hum results at being raw: better than the average American diet but not constant megaorgasmic bliss as advertised.

The two missed boats (per my surfing) is lack of greens and proper food combining. I can totally see the importance of greens, or as Max says, 50% fruit, 50% veggies, but I'm not convinced re: proper food combining.

-Yoda

Food combining is fundamental for the enzymes.

If you have a serious enzyme deficiency you can litteraly die by eating separated the same food that would make your health when eaten together. Some rules (see what I do just not to write my phd):

Sweet should go with fat. This prevents the glicemich spike.

If you have problems eating something check if adding unpastorised butter mixed with unheated honey in the same meal makes it more digestible.

Example: I could not eat eggs and was feeling very weak. COmbined them with (nearly) raw butter and unheated honey I could eat them.

There is more to it but I don't know it. Essentially everything you eat needs enzymes to be digested. If you cannot eat it often it is because you lack the proper enzymes. Often the enzymes are available from other sources. As your body gets stronger food combining becomes less a vital necessaity. Now I don't need to eat butter and honey every time I eat an egg. But for some months I had too.

Its moth balled but I have a Vita mix. An old one, back when they had metal ptichers on top. Its very powerful, they say it can turn wooden blocks into saw dust. It does one trick most blenders can't, that is run inf forward or reverse, which can help mix up solider masses.

I used to make bread with it, a very minimalist process. You put in Hard winter Wheat, and the vitamix made it into flour, then water, molasses, yeast and a touch of salt iinto the blender. Mix it up for a few seconds, wait an hour or so, mix it up again, then pop it out and into the oven. It was awesome whole wheat bread, from freshly ground flour.

I'll have to look into blenderifying avocado pits.

Michael

Pietro, thanks!

-Yoda

I food combine but not that strictly.

I wouldn't eat melons with another food as it gives one a stomach ache.

I don't combine sweet fruits with acid fruits i.e. grapefruit and dates.

I eat my food in the order of the easiest digested food first - this is usually the most liquid.

So I would have juice then blended salad then fruit.

I would never have fruit after eating potatoes - starch - as the fruit which digests faster would sit on the starch which digests slower, and voila fermentation and gas.

Fruit and nuts are not good to combine but I get away with it as I soak sprout the nuts and blend them with the fruit.

I don't know how combining works when blending everything.

Herbert Shelton had a good book on food combining.

Also check out Virginia Vetrano.

Joel Fuhrman says food combining isn't necessary. It depends on your digestion.

IMHO your all mixing to many foods, supplements together in the blender.

Fresh fruits should be the sweetener - honey is too concentrated.

I don't think it's ok to blend everything - you have to chew.

I only blend one salad in the morning and some nuts with fruit as a topping on a whole fruit salad.

Every thing else I eat in a day is unblended.

Remember if your blending a hamburger don't forget to put in the pickle , ketchup and bun :lol:

Hope this helps.

That's true.

However, we get all the salt we need from fresh fruits and vegetables.

For instance celery is loaded with salt.

Salt pulls out calcium and other trace minerals when excess salt is excreted which is a contributing cause of osteoporosis.

Adding salt to food will increase risk of developing diseases such as stomach cancer and

hypertension.

Salt also makes it harder to get the true taste of food.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Sign in to follow this