Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Runes

This gigantic forum doesn't have a proper topic on the runes? If anyone has good information please add it here.

Well, I have looked at various books about the runes but this one seems to be my favorite:

Runes for Transformation

I'm not a fan of divination or most of the info out there, and was looking for a more transformational/spiritual/mystical approach to discovering them. Only just checking this out this evening, so I don't know much except for the little I'd skimmed over. The author seems to be very knowledgeable on the subject, more so than anyone else I've ever read!

That's all for now.

maybe the book "helrunar" by jan fries (english translation) can help you to find out more about the runes. you can use them not only for divination, but for energy work as well.

blessed be!

sirius

• Like 1

I can tell you a lot about the runes myself. I worked with them for a number of years until i changed my practice of using them in January of 2009 when i phased it out. Today I mostly Practice Stillness-Movement.

I dont use them as a part of my current practice, but a lot is left to be said for what each rune causes in the deep subconscious mind. It is far from what surface feelings or ideas one has.

I used to use runes for magic more than divination, but since my run in a few years ago with an asatru group that liked to "exchange memories" or "imprint memories" I steered clear of it for quite some time.

I found that runes in magic tend to create some form of imbalance which should be reversed once you are done, otherwise there tends to be some type of backfire reaction.

But just like trance magic, seidhr or odinic magic (usually based upon rage and fury i.e. the root of woden est "furor") They all create emotional and psychological trauma and imbalances leading to various nervous disorders when done correctly.

Today I may use them for divination once in a while. But like voodoo ones connection with the Archetype concept and sometimes deity each one represents teds to make all the difference.

If you have any questions about a specific rune I could give you some experiences I have had with them or if you have more complex questions concerning legendary runes or the galdrastafr type runes I would be happy to assist.

• Like 1

Thanks White Rabbit,

I found that runes in magic tend to create some form of imbalance which should be reversed once you are done, otherwise there tends to be some type of backfire reaction.

How did you use them in this way? How did you learn that way? It's all good if it's too private of info to share, just curious.

What do you think is a way to reverse it?

But just like trance magic, seidhr or odinic magic (usually based upon rage and fury i.e. the root of woden est "furor") They all create emotional and psychological trauma and imbalances leading to various nervous disorders when done correctly.

Interesting. Could very well be true! I know it is for berserkers.

Hey Scotty,

I personally am working alot with Runes lately. They are quite powerful and can be used as mantric seed sounds or even silent breaths. I have found that they produce alot of fiery mental, kundalini type energy and are extremely powerful when used in magic or manifesting meditations. So, I would agree that if one does not incorporate grounding techniques or use the Runes wisely they can be dangerous and can leave alot of hot energy stuck in the head. One of the aspects that is glaringly missing in the modern northern practices is the practice of energy grounding. I would agree with Rabbit that if Runes are not used in conjunction with grounding techniques, it could result in imbalance. Ancestral Europeans, however, were much more closely connected to the Earth than we modern folk. And, I am quite sure they had knowledge of energy grounding practices that were lost after Christianity took hold in northern Europe. Scotty, with your knowledge of qigong, I am sure you will be able to effectively ground the Fire energy of the Runes with your earth element practices. Just follow your Rune practices with some grounding work and you should be fine. And, in my experience, when the fire of the Runes is combined with grounding meditation or Qigong, the result is a very comfortable fulfilling sensation that I believe may have been a natural part of the Pre-Christian European lifestyle. The Hopis believe that Europeans are a Fire Element people. So, it is no surprise to me that the Runes are very fiery in nature.

My .02

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks White Rabbit,

How did you use them in this way? How did you learn that way? It's all good if it's too private of info to share, just curious.

Rather than say I learned from this and this teacher, during the time on the old "Direct Magic" forum I brushed shoulders with many people who had their own ideas about the runes. Some feel they are all connected to different gods, other principles of existence. After that whole thing, I ran into someone in 2002 who learned Asatru practices in California. I did not have any negative experiences in fact he taught me what I was doing wrong with how i understood rage/anger. He also told me that the more i flung myself into it there was the possiblilty of loss of control. But back to the runes. Some used stedgardhr which was kind of like a runic yoga to send runes. Mine the nature was to see it in my mind to feel it and make it real and emotionalize it to manifest. You can use them to attract thing like attaching a string to it. Depending upon the meaning of what you are doing it is best to look inside oneself and FEEL the appropriate way to use them in a situation it is good to not intellectualize things, but it holds true that all rune combinations in formulas are always odd numbers AND prime numbers. Anything that isnt is like a voided key.

It sounds intellectual that way but most magical formulas with the exception of ones that add up to 24 are all prime numbers. Thus its like a password.

Reversing.. the balloon you set out to attract things, the other rune you sent out sharply to accomplish something... all have their dissolution point to which they are no longer useful. It is merely a statement or dissolution of intention before something becomes negative. Just like an emerald, sometimes luck can become too lucky and eventually backfire. You dont want to wear an emerald all the time.

Grounding is another thing and though there are a few different ways to do that, I dont somehow feel comfortable discussing that here all of the sudden. Not that I am not confident its just that it is understood differently than the eastern mythos. I believe in "keep em separated entirely" now.

What do you think is a way to reverse it?

Oops wrong place. Well now I pack up the computer and off I go. see you in a few days we can share more.

Interesting. Could very well be true! I know it is for berserkers.

Ah dangerous indeed, but it teaches us that what energy albeit emotions we send come back to us. Rage begets more rage imho.

Thanks for responding, guys. The reason I haven't replied is because I am "digesting" any information very slowly.

Someone on the AYP forum posted this very interesting link.

http://www.vrilology.org/runic_physics.htm

Very good. Work with it and find out what feelings and impressions you get from any of the symbols. Then do a research on history of the symbols then reevaluate the sysmbols and how you "recieve" them as messages and what they mean to you.

That is the old way, just like tarot if you ever choose to dabble in that you have to deal with your own feelings twords the symbols. In essence you have to realize what your demons are and what does hold you back. Many rush into the system and go but it takes time to get a feel for it so that is why it takes a while to digest. You are right to post that.

Once I even did a material on correspondancies in chemistry... you can do the same but try to see each symbol as a shade of grey instead of an extreme. Death can mean rebirth of something and so forth... it keeps you from becoming frustrated when working magic with the system.

Good luck!

G

I have read runes professionally for at least 25 years, read them on psychic hot lines, read them for $100 an hour. Like any other form of divination they are a medium between the one who seeks and the one who tries to show them the way. Anyone who reads the runes for themselves is like the one who represents himself/herself in a court of law...they have a goddamned fool for a lawyer. The value in any divination is the psychic connection between the seeker and the reader. The runes, the tarot, the hexagrams are only the linguistic medium between the two...a language that seems to transform itself into a language that is solitary for those two and only for one place and one time. There is nothing of truth inherent in the runes or the bones or tea leaves or the cards or three Chinese coins or in the yarrow stalks or the lines in your palm. Everything that is supposed to be magical is in the non-magical, non-dual connection between the one who asks and the one who says.

Edited by Easy

Hey there,

I have found that as far as communication with the the spirit world our mind has been the best tool we could ever have been given.

I have also used these stones, and some pendulum work... But in the end our minds are our greatest asset...

Wow what we can do with them must be endless, I have only scratched the surface and seen a beautiful potential underneath...

We are all so blessed to have a chance to take a glimpse into something wonderful out there... Melanie

www.amazon.com/Advanced-Operative-Runology-Weiser-ebook/dp/B00AB02NHW/

This book by Edred Thorsson (Stephen Flowers) was released today.

Ive run into a few people, myself included, who have drawn the runes as kids when theyre "just doodling" or whatever. There seems to be something about either the shapes or the force behind them that carries on into the subconscious or universal unconscious etc. Although to be fair, it was as far as I remember mostly white northern european folk who did that, so maybe its a genetic memory?

Sign in to follow this