Brian

A Couple of Questions about Buddhism

You are not what you think you are.

I know. Duh! :lol:

Well spoken, Blasto, but I predict his usual immature conditioned reaction to defend himself and hit back, and never to absorb anything others point out to him. But I fully agree with your eloquent and very rational assessment.

I wonder why you people even bother? I'm like a brick wall anyway. Right? Move on... Leave me alone in my myopic thinking patterns. :lol: Ah, but you justify your emotional reactions towards my posts over and over again as an attempt to help me, don't you? Or to help others see the waywardness of my expressions, right?

That's how you justify your Witch hunting and burning? Isn't that so?

Well... it's the 21st century and I'm allowed to be a narrow minded, immature religious ignoramus. :lol:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I know. Duh! :lol:

I wonder why you people even bother? I'm like a brick wall anyway. Right? Move on... Leave me alone in my myopic thinking patterns. :lol: Ah, but you justify your emotional reactions towards my posts over and over again as an attempt to help me, don't you? Or to help others see the waywardness of my expressions, right?

That's how you justify your Witch hunting and burning? Isn't that so?

Well... it's the 21st century and I'm allowed to be a narrow minded, immature religious ignoramus. :lol:

No, you are way too obnoxious and too into offending others and telling them what's what to be left alone. I renew my commitment to oppose your zealotry, especially since ralis is taking off for awhile.

Besides, it's too much fun to poke holes in your faulty logic and "irrationality" :lol: !

You basically have no idea what you are talking about most of the time, and your responses are sorely lacking. (Blasto did set you in your place in your exchange with him, despite your petulant point by point responses :blink: ).

And now that you finally admit that you are not who you think you are, will you stop telling other people that constantly?

Thank you.

Wishing you peace, enlightenment and pink light for your blind third eye,

:) Have a nice day :)

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Just had a minute to post this for Vajraji. Apparently the man speaking in this video grew up on the streets of Detroit. You are one who lives in a dream about furthering your education and making a better life for your wife and yourself. However, without a proper work ethic and desire, your dreams will always remain dreams.

His site.

www.theetstory.org

Edited by ralis

No, you are way too obnoxious and too into offending others and telling them what's what to be left alone. I renew my commitment to oppose your zealotry, especially since ralis is taking off for awhile.

Besides, it's too much fun to poke holes in your faulty logic and "irrationality" :lol: !

You basically have no idea what you are talking about most of the time, and your responses are sorely lacking. (Blasto did set you in your place in your exchange with him, despite your petulant point by point responses :blink: ).

And now that you finally admit that you are not who you think you are, will you stop telling other people that constantly?

Thank you.

JFC, is this guy for real!? I post a response to someone else's query, which is well-received to the best of my knowledge, and I'm not even expressing my own views, just quoting two very prolific Buddhist scholars, and he turns around and accuses me of courting spiritual anemia. And then without missing a beat, he claims that he's the victim of a witch hunt. How weird can it actually get in here? :o

Well I just dropped by to say I've made a lot progress on fixing up two old Chevy(s); which has taken away from me fixing my old Ford work truck :( , also and just this morning I did some work on the wife's Mercury ^_^ . Btw, I may be doing some work on a Toyota next week... hey, how about those nutty guys on radio "car talk" maybe they could visit here? ;)

Om

Edited by 3bob

but have been unable to manifest much in the way of a career beyond e-bay sales, selling things on the beach and now a return to pedi-cabbing,

Just so you know, I made 395 tonight pedicabbing. I make anywhere from 500 to 1000 a week here in Ft. Lauderdale as a pedicab driver only working 4 to 5 days a week. In NYC I made more. My Ebay account was pulling in 80,000 to 100,000 per month, but mostly client money. I made anywhere from 5,000 to 10,000 a month as my own profit after shipping and paypal and ebay fees, but I worked 12 to 16 hours a day, sometimes 24 or more hours a day just to keep up. Last December my wife had to help me big time with shipping and I was going crazy dealing with all this responsibility on my own. I found very little time for practice, even most of the time I was just thinking about my business so was loosing focus. I also found very little time to get a good nights sleep as I could feel when people were writing to me from over seas, so I would wake up constantly in order to write back to people who had to know answers to their questions immediately!! Otherwise I would most likely miss the sale.

I'm connected to wonderful warehouses in Brooklyn and Jersey City and I sold high end electronics through the GBP or UK currency which is worth more than all other currencies in the world. I mostly sold Archos devices and pocket cameras of the newest and highest quality to people overseas. Most of my ad's were in the UK based ebay site. A few in Spain and Italy, but Italy is bad to ship to so I dropped that. I would use online translators to translate what I wrote in English into Spanish and sell through the Euro on my European accounts.

But, due to the fact that I just sat in front of the computer, I got fatter and fatter. Plus Paypal started putting large reserves on my incoming money which got in the way of profit due to their own probably well deserved paranoia. They eventually shut me down because I was pre-selling and didn't have items on hand. Instead I was basically advertising for these warehouses and making lots of profit through the sales. Paypal doesn't like that so they started putting high reserves cutting directly into my profit. At first they said that they would take it off after a month, but after the month rolled by, they didn't take it off, but kept it going, eventually ruining my business. The details involved are complicated as I was also using my mothers Paypal account and my wife's Canadian Ebay account while selling from Florida and advertising over seas. It was just too much for them, plus business was booming due to my ability to undercut most of my competition in the UK because they pay exorbitant amounts for high end cameras and Archos multi-media devices. Also, my incoming money grew way to drastically for them to feel comfortable with my sales. I started slowly just selling things around the house and out of storage in order to get a high enough feedback to advertise overseas and sell more highly priced items. I went from a couple thousand in one month to 50,000 in incoming money, mostly client money, but they don't really see that, they just see... "money" and how much was coming into my account and how much I was just transferring directly into my bank account. Since I had 100 percent positive feedback, they just made calls and asked questions, but they would only talk with my Mom or my Wife which made things even more difficult. Deeply difficult in fact as they had no idea how the business was being ran and I'd constantly have to remind them of details while they were on the phone with paypal people, which made it even more difficult for them to feel comfortable.

Anyway... with all my knowledge and connections concerning Ebay, Paypal and the warehouses I have connections with in NY and Jersey, I could partner up with someone and make lots and lots of money. Me and my wife had lots of fun while it lasted though. I should have put it towards her paperwork in order to get her legitimate working permit. But instead, we made visits to various places and spent too much money playing and buying gifts for people and my wife. If I get this up and running again, I'd hire a couple of people to deal with various things such as shipping and labeling and do it much, much slower like over a period of a year instead of full steam ahead. Plus I'd have the same name on the paypal and ebay account locating both in the same state and country, even if advertising overseas.

Anyway, pedicabbing keeps me really strong and fit. I burn out there. Plus I meet great new people from all over the world and have lots and lots of fun, sometimes hanging out with the people I just met after work.

Just so you know how assumptive you are in all your posts towards me. Honestly, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when you talk to me. Most of your words come straight out of a box. Therefore, you actually don't talk to me, as you are merely talking to an assumed projection of me that you have in your mind, labeling it as me, but since it's not, you are basically always wrong.

I hope this humbles you as you need plenty of it.

As far as my spiritual experiences go... thank goodness you have no idea. YAY!!

Yes, I'm great, and I love myself and people who meet me, Love me! I don't bash people with my religion and most people don't even know how serious of a Buddhist I actually am as I just share my energy with them. They say, "Wow, you have wonderful energy, and so much of it too!" I get that all the time doing my job, which is why I looooove pedicabbing and will most likely do that throughout my school carrier if that manifests. A new roommate just moved in who's job is to help people get grants and loans for school and he's going to help me for free. So, I guess things are going to look up for me in that department, if it's meant to be.

I hope your words taste good, because this is basically you eating them. Which you really need to do. Get some pepper though, as they are Saaaaaalty!!

You'll probably just use this as more fodder for your erroneous projections. HAHA!

Seriously bro, get a life. :(

If you would notice, I talk way less on here, but everytime I say something, you guys just have to jump. So sad. :(

Anyway, I'm dumb tired after working for 10 hours straight without a food break. I need to take a shower and eat some food and play with my wife.

P.S. My wife loves my strong gluteus maximus! My legs though are so strong that I look like a grasshopper! I leap tall buildings in a single bound without the cape or gay tights. HAHA!! I Loooooove pedicabbing!! I burn everything!!! I'm a living furnace! All my past lovers used to think and still do concerning my wife, I was a heater or had a fever due to how hot I burn and how strong my metabolism is.

Yeah baby!! I am obnoxious... but I've always been so. I'm an Aries with super powers! HAHA!! Plus I've always had it good with the ladies... it's just part of who I am. But, I have enough humility to bow to all my teachers, and deeply mahro pranam to all the earth shedding many tears for the sake of global upliftment, not that it does anything other than purify my mind stream and well honestly... I know it does more than that. I have no problem admitting I am wrong if I am adequately proven to be wrong. I've done so many, many times.

Dude, you need to clean out your third eye because you are reading some faulty news papers.

I'm serious... it is a bid sad to see how you guys go on about someone who doesn't even exist.. namely, your false projections and assumptions of me. I'm so happy to not be the person you think I am. YAY! :wub: Points for Harry Potter... which is what all my friends on the pedicab call me due to my magical abilities. :lol:

I may be obnoxious... which works in my line of business, but you guys are pompous.

2909_74633174607_601664607_1726761_5726503_n.jpg

These are what we call Pedicab legs and they are mine.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Thank you.

You people are truly amazing. Not in a good way though. I'm sure there is more to you people than these far gone reply's. But, definitely not for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just had a minute to post this for Vajraji. Apparently the man speaking in this video grew up on the streets of Detroit. You are one who lives in a dream about furthering your education and making a better life for your wife and yourself. However, without a proper work ethic and desire, your dreams will always remain dreams.

His site.

www.theetstory.org

At least this is partially compassionate of a post towards me.

Thank you.

Though... you are still highly assumptive and Earth bound.

JFC, is this guy for real!? I post a response to someone else's query, which is well-received to the best of my knowledge, and I'm not even expressing my own views, just quoting two very prolific Buddhist scholars, and he turns around and accuses me of courting spiritual anemia. And then without missing a beat, he claims that he's the victim of a witch hunt. How weird can it actually get in here? :o

I'm not very impressed with your own lack of self questioning. Quite sad in fact. I think all of you older people need to realize that us younger people are far deeper and more spiritually experienced due to being both "indigo or diamond children", just due to the time we are born into. We deal with far more psychic phenomena just naturally and see far more beyond the 5 senses while you old people just sit in your dusty jars, completely stuck in your Earth bound rationality. Not all old people, but definitely you guys. Also not all young people deal with 6 sense and 3rd eye phenomena on a constant basis, but most of us definitely do. Get off your rocking chair guys... or rather, just stay on your rocking chair, but get a life guys. Seriously. You have no idea what you're talking about or what you are dealing with here.

I am not a fundamentalist. I just see as the Buddha said, that Buddhism has a particular special place in all world religions. I think all spiritual traditions are good and worth while. But you guys are under the weight of so many ignorant presumptions concerning the nature of experience that it's almost completely a waste of time to even debate with some of you. Just as you think it is to talk with me. So, just ignore me... it's better than looking as foolish as you guys look right now.

~ SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION HERE ~

I partially studied philosophy at NYU which is the highest ranked in the country and it's not so great or high and almighty logic as some people might think. At the most they leave everything into word puzzles, meaningless circular logic and a hell a lot of uncertainties. They just pour their heads over nothing. I don't think any one would laugh at Vaj if he studied at these universities, they would probably marvel at him and some would probably start meditating and sure some would dismiss him out of sheer disbelief but not out of logical inconsistency. I was reading Osho speaking on the path of Tantra the other day and thought this relevant:

"Fo tantra, doing is knowing, and there is no other knowing. Unless you do something, unless you change, unless you have a different perspective to look at, to look with, unless you move in an altogether different dimension than the intellect, there is no answer. Answers can be given--they are all lies. All philosophies are lies. You ask a question and the philosophy gives you an answer. It satisfies you or doesnt satisfy you. If it satisfies you, you become a convert to the philosophy, but you remain the same. If it doesn't satisfy you, you go on searching for some other philosophy to be converted to. But you remain the same; you are not touched at all, you are not changed...

Tantra is not concerned with the ultimate. It is concerned with the immediate, the here and now. Tantra say, the ultimate is hidden in the immediate, so you need not worry about the ultimate. By worrying about the ultimate you will miss the immediate and the ultimate is hidden in the immediate. So by thinking about the ultimate you will miss both. If the immediate should be missed, because of it you will miss the ultimate also. So philosophy is just smoke. The approach of tantra is scientific, but the object is different from that of so called science.

Science tries to understand the object, the objective world, the reality that is before your eyes. Tantra is the science of the reality that is behind your eyes, the subjectivity, but the approach is scientific. Tantra doesn't believe in thinking, it believes in experimenting, in experiencing. And unless you can experience, everything is just a wastage of energy.

I am reminded of one incident. Mulla Nasruddin was cossing a street. Just in front of a church he was knocked down by a hit and run driver. He was an old man, and a crowd gathered. Someone was saying, "That man cannot survive."

The priest of the church ran out. He came near and he found out that the old man was just going to die, so he prepared to administer the last rites. He came near and asked the dying Mulla, "Do you believe in God the Father? Do you believe in God the son? Do you believe in God the Hoy Ghost?"

Mulla opned his eyes and said, "My God! I am dying and he is asking me puzzles!"

All philosophy is like this: it is asking puzzles while you are dying. Every moment ou are dying, every moment everyone is on his deathbed--because death can occur at any moment. But philosophy goes on asking an answering puzzles. Tantra says it is good for children to philosophize, but those who are wise will not waste their time in philosophy. They should try to know==not think, because through thinking there is no knowledge Through thinking you go on webbing words, creating patterns of words. It leads nowhere, you remain the same--no transformation, no new insights. The old man just goes on gathering dust.

Knowing is a different phenomenon. It does not mean thinking about, it means going deep into eistence itself in order to know, moing into the existence. Remember this, that tantra is not a philodophy. It is science--a subjective science. The approach is scientific and nonphilosophic...

So every philosophy is good for philosophizing. For experiencing, every philosophy is impotent. That is why there is so much insistence on technique in tanra, because a science can do nothing but give technology, whether of the outside world or of the inside. The very word tantra means technique..."

^_^

(quotations added)

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Yeah, Ralis, you might as well accept it and get on with your life. We've just learned that most young people are far deeper and more spiritually experienced due to being both indigo or diamond children and they deal with 6 sense and 3rd eye phenomena on a "constant basis". So you might as well pull that 9mm out from under yer rocking chair and end it now while you still got enough sense to reckon how delusional you are. Kinda sad, eh? Woulda been great to be both indigo or diamond.

Well, I still got a couple teeth left in my head, so I better hitch up the wagon and tend to the fields.

All the best,

grandpa Blasto

Yes, I'm great, and I love myself and people who meet me, Love me! I don't bash people with my religion and most people don't even know how serious of a Buddhist I actually am as I just share my energy with them. They say, "Wow, you have wonderful energy, and so much of it too!" I get that all the time doing my job, which is why I looooove pedicabbing and will most likely do that throughout my school carrier if that manifests. A new roommate just moved in who's job is to help people get grants and loans for school and he's going to help me for free. So, I guess things are going to look up for me in that department, if it's meant to be.

Obviously, you do bash others with your religion. Don't you realize every time you posit the superiority of Buddhism, you are bashing others. Further, you have denigrated me many times as some lower form of spiritual realization as opposed to your superior realizations. You refer to me as earth bound.

I can help you with your education right now!

1. Learn how to write well with correct syntax.

2. Use a dictionary for understanding correct meanings of words and correctly use

words in proper context.

3. Eliminate faulty logic and specious arguments.

4. Eliminate from your mind that you are some type of scholar.

5. Your chaotic pseudo fancy writing style is not fancy at all and you will receive

bad marks for it.

6. Obtain a copy of 'The Elements of Style' and use it religiously. Seriously, you

must learn correct English in order to understand how to use it.

7. Hyphenation is rarely used and in addition to that, you sometimes make up words

out of thin air.

8. Learn and understand what logical fallacies are.

I can see the look on your face when your philosophy professor hands back your first paper. Red marks everywhere! :lol: BTW, with too many read marks, you will probaly receive an E. :lol:

ralis

Edited by ralis

Obviously, you do bash others with your religion. Don't you realize every time you posit the superiority of Buddhism, you are bashing others. Further, you have denigrated me many times as some lower form of spiritual realization as opposed to your superior realizations. You refer to me as earth bound.

Just like you do to me buddy. How do you like it? You call everything I say circular, and blind faith, and I'm a victim of religious hierarchy. It goes on and on and on. Seriously. Look at yourself and the things you've said to me and how mean lots of it is. You are completely blind. It's quite astounding actually. I laugh many, many times at how dumb it comes across. I am not bashing others by stating my opinion of Buddhism, which is also backed by the major philosophers of Buddhism, including the Buddha. If you take it personally, then that's just you, getting your panties in a bunch. You can't take criticism of religions. We have to all huddle together and say they all lead to the same place and are all the same otherwise we get bashed with personal attacks about lacking logic and reason by people like you? It's dumbfounding, how locked in your myopic interpretation of my words you people are and you don't stop. You just keep attacking and attacking and attacking. I'm saying all this with a smile too... you're probably thinking that I'm seething right now. But I'm not... I'm just amazed at how dogmatic some of you guys are but oh no... it's me who is dogmatic. Dogmatic is limited thinking, and you guys are plumb full of it. You guys should be more agnostic, but your not. You're so sure about your take on things. I question my take on things endlessly... all day long. You haven't even come to an understanding of why the Buddha and Milarepa and Nagarjuna say that most paths merely lead to higher rebirth, but without insight into dependent origination as exposed by the Buddha, there is not true liberation from fixed views. I believe this, based both upon logic/reason and direct experience through tantric practice and meditative contemplation. This is very real to me, but your opinions are not. Just like what you believe is very real to you, but my opinions are not.

I can help you with your education right now!

1. Learn how to write well with correct syntax.

2. Use a dictionary for understanding correct meanings of words and correctly use

words in proper context.

3. Eliminate faulty logic and specious arguments.

4. Eliminate from your mind that you are some type of scholar.

5. Your chaotic pseudo fancy writing style is not fancy at all and you will receive

bad marks for it.

6. Obtain a copy of 'The Elements of Style' and use it religiously. Seriously, you

must learn correct English in order to understand how to use it.

7. Hyphenation is rarely used and in addition to that, you sometimes make up words

out of thin air.

8. Learn and understand what logical fallacies are.

Blah, blah, blah!! Seriously... move on!! Just do it... please. I enjoy writing with some people on here and I enjoy talking about Buddhism. You guys are in a Buddhism thread where someone asked specifically Buddhists about Buddhism and you guys are ruining it by attacking me with your pompous nonsensical projections. Get a life!! Also most other threads where I appear are ruined by your constant attack of me. People who don't like what I've had to say just don't respond generally speaking. But you guys are as if I had a tail that was attached to my spine.

Every word I use that gets underlined by my Windows 7 word check, I look up and yes sometimes I use creative approaches to words. But, many times you have said things about words that you use which I did look up. Many times it is you that are completely wrong about my word usage. That's me dude... which doesn't mean I'm going to turn in a paper to a pompous dogmatic thinking professor who thinks like you and use the same creativity in words. I don't care about your linear minded BS and your take on my writing. Plenty of people love my style of writing, including my PHD mother. So just go put your finger in a socket because you'll get more open reception from that than you will from me concerning your personal opinions of me. I am not humble to your person, or your way of being. I am not open to you. Just as you are not open towards me, at all. So... move on! Be like Blasto... he's smarter than you in this sense. He just moves on, for the most part. I haven't heard a word from him concerning anything I've said until recently after he gave up on me last year.

I can see the look on your face when your philosophy professor hands back your first paper. Red marks everywhere! :lol: BTW, red marks are not an A. :lol:

ralis

You are so freakin' pompous dude. Really... you actually are. It's in your tone, it's in your mental dogmas which you are totally clueless about. Your view of me gets red marks all over it. You flunk big time!! Do you get some kind of pleasure taking out your hate of Buddhism on me? I don't hate other religions and I even quote plenty of times from all sorts of saints from other traditions who I deeply respect to prove points, and positive ones about these other traditions which lead to incredible states of consciousness, but not complete liberation to me, the Buddha, the Dalai Lama of which I've read directly from some of his writings even though mostly he's a political figure who is deeply friendly towards other religions, just as I am in person. You guys find so much power in judging me, when all I've done in the past is talk about Buddhism as it states itself, as the superior path to liberation as it is consistent and clear. To me and many other Buddhists this is so, but not you... fine. Move on. So now... I am judging you... very much so. I don't really care if you don't like my writing style... this is absolutely your opinion. I write on here in much the way I talk, spontaneous and coming up with words as I go along sometimes placing them in the wrong place. I don't have to be perfect on here... not every thing I write has to pass your super professorship pompous perfection. Go read your books, but judge someone elses writing, someone that actually wants their writing to be judged by you. My mind is closed to you people, yes, closed, shut. I contemplate everything to myself and learn anything I can from you guys from there, but you will never know about it. You guys ruin thread after thread with your attacks of me. So many times, it's just because I mention the word emptiness and dependent origination. Just for mentioning the words, you guys jump down my throat, over and over again. You guys are blind man... really. It's like you guys have those horse blinders on so that you can't see anything other than the narrow view of the path you've been walking on for years. It's true what they say, that the brain looses it's ability to change as you get older. You guys are definite examples of this fact. You have fixed views about me, totally misunderstanding dependent origination and anything I have to say about it, much less the Buddha or anyone of greater importance than me, who I agree with. Wow... Bricks in the wall.

That's about as much compassion as I can muster for you ralis. Please, get done. I've begun to think of you guys as my demons or something. Not a very happy thought. At times, it's like I can feel when you read my stuff and the energy is so murky and stuffy, and I get online and sure enough, another ridiculous response with little understanding of anything I've said. Other people can understand the things I've said, but because you can't... it must be my writing style, because oh my, it doesn't fit within the small scope of your mental receptability. Yes, I made that word up, get over yourself.

I partially studied philosophy at NYU which is the highest ranked in the country and it's not so great or high and almighty logic as some people might think. At the most they leave everything into word puzzles, meaningless circular logic and a hell a lot of uncertainties. They just pour their heads over nothing. I don't think any one would laugh at Vaj if he studied at these universities, they would probably marvel at him and some would probably start meditating and sure some would dismiss him out of sheer disbelief but not out of logical inconsistency. I was reading Osho speaking on the path of Tantra the other day and thought this relevant:

Fo tantra, doing is knowing, and there is no other knowing. Unless you do something, unless you change, unless you have a different perspective to look at, to look with, unless you move in an altogether different dimension than the intellect, there is no answer. Answers can be given--they are all lies. All philosophies are lies. You ask a question and the philosophy gives you an answer. It satisfies you or doesnt satisfy you. If it satisfies you, you become a convert to the philosophy, but you remain the same. If it doesn't satisfy you, you go on searching for some other philosophy to be converted to. But you remain the same; you are not touched at all, you are not changed...

Tantra is not concerned with the ultimate. It is concerned with the immediate, the here and now. Tantra say, the ultimate is hidden in the immediate, so you need not worry about the ultimate. By worrying about the ultimate you will miss the immediate and the ultimate is hidden in the immediate. So by thinking about the ultimate you will miss both. If the immediate should be missed, because of it you will miss the ultimate also. So philosophy is just smoke. The approach of tantra is scientific, but the object is different from that of so called science.

Science tries to understand the object, the objective world, the reality that is before your eyes. Tantra is the science of the reality that is behind your eyes, the subjectivity, but the approach is scientific. Tantra doesn't believe in thinking, it believes in experimenting, in experiencing. And unless you can experience, everything is just a wastage of energy.

I am reminded of one incident. Mulla Nasruddin was cossing a street. Just in front of a church he was knocked down by a hit and run driver. He was an old man, and a crowd gathered. Someone was saying, "That man cannot survive."

The priest of the church ran out. He came near and he found out that the old man was just going to die, so he prepared to administer the last rites. He came near and asked the dying Mulla, "Do you believe in God the Father? Do you believe in God the son? Do you believe in God the Hoy Ghost?"

Mulla opned his eyes and said, "My God! I am dying and he is asking me puzzles!"

All philosophy is like this: it is asking puzzles while you are dying. Every moment ou are dying, every moment everyone is on his deathbed--because death can occur at any moment. But philosophy goes on asking an answering puzzles. Tantra says it is good for children to philosophize, but those who are wise will not waste their time in philosophy. They should try to know==not think, because through thinking there is no knowledge Through thinking you go on webbing words, creating patterns of words. It leads nowhere, you remain the same--no transformation, no new insights. The old man just goes on gathering dust.

Knowing is a different phenomenon. It does not mean thinking about, it means going deep into eistence itself in order to know, moing into the existence. Remember this, that tantra is not a philodophy. It is science--a subjective science. The approach is scientific and nonphilosophic...

So every philosophy is good for philosophizing. For experiencing, every philosophy is impotent. That is why there is so much insistence on technique in tanra, because a science can do nothing but give technology, whether of the outside world or of the inside. The very word tantra means technique...

^_^

Awesome! Thank you! It's so awesome the way you've written this and I can completely understand every aspect of your intentions through this writing style of yours. I also have friends that took philosophy at NYU and Columbia and I can't mention the amount of times I've burnt the nighttime candle to the mutual rapt attention of both me and others, sharing beautiful energy through words and deepening insight all night long without placing everything in the perfect place for an English professor to degrade. Because?? All of us were into Tantra more than philosophy. We used philosophy as a way of expressing Tantra, not the other way around, or completely dismissing Tantra as these guys do as fantastical thinking. There are also plenty of philosophy professors who think along the same lines, completely dismissing the view of these guys here in this thread. I can name so many of them. Including my own Mother who teaches "Womens Arts and Spirituality" as well as other Art classes at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL. I also love Nasrudin stories... I grew up with those as Muktananda and Gurumayi used so many of them to deliver points.

Well it's obvious that you are a very special person, with very special beliefs and very, very special leg muscles. I stand back in awe. So if we do not understand you, why do you project so much onto us, too? Please notice that you constantly use the word 'you' in your responses to people, projecting onto others, even as you cry how so many do this to you.

You have no idea who I am, either. I think you would be shocked, but I refuse to divulge my life on the Internet as you have. I am sure the pedicabber's union provides a generous retirement package, so you can probably rest your legs for awhile and travel to Tibet China and study Buddhism some day.

Ooh, so you're an Indigo Child? That increases your specialness quotient!

And you're not a fundamentalist, you just say that your Buddhism has a "special place" among the spiritual traditions? Of course it does, otherwise why would a special ashram raised Indigo Child be practicing it, if it weren't the most special of all! That's what ALL fundamentalists believe...that their way is the chosen, special way.

I seems you lack insight into your offensive aggressive/passive postings here, and you feel the need to constantly defend yourself...why? You will know when you have graduated from this phase, young master, when you no longer feel the need to defend!

But I'm so glad you told us all to 'back off!', because we indeed not know who we're dealing with. Now I'll just go back to my rocking chair and smoke my corncob pipe and shoot at squirrels with my air rifle.

I don't think your mom did you any favors raising you in an ashram. It only taught you spitritual pride, which will take you a long time to unlearn your 'specialness'. But I know you shall get there someday!

Now that you've told us how much cash income you bring in, don't forget to declare all of it like a good and ethical boddhisattva so the IRS doesn't come sniffing up your muscular little rear end! :lol:

I must say, pedicabber, that I admire the moxie and directness of your latest self-defense, even though I would admire you more if you were able to ignore us, much as you implore us to ignore you.

At least you are now admitting that you are obnoxious, and hopefully you see that that quality fully carries over to your online presence, which is why so many of us, over time (and looking back, there have been quite a few) have offered up resistance to your aggressive/passive stance here. Do you notice that none of your 'intellectual police' that help to keep you in line have a problem with anyone else here on this forum?

And so, I will bow out of this thread, and will give Vaj the Crusader a break from me, and for a month I will not respond directly to any of his obnoxious posts.

:) have a super-nice day :)

Awesome! Thank you! It's so awesome the way you've written this and I can completely understand every aspect of your intentions through this writing style of yours. I also have friends that took philosophy at NYU and Columbia and I can't mention the amount of times I've burnt the nighttime candle to the mutual rapt attention of both me and others, sharing beautiful energy through words and deepening insight all night long without placing everything in the perfect place for an English professor to degrade. Because?? All of us were into Tantra more than philosophy. We used philosophy as a way of expressing Tantra, not the other way around, or completely dismissing Tantra as these guys do as fantastical thinking. There are also plenty of philosophy professors who think along the same lines, completely dismissing the view of these guys here in this thread. I can name so many of them. Including my own Mother who teaches "Womens Arts and Spirituality" as well as other Art classes at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL. I also love Nasrudin stories... I grew up with those as Muktananda and Gurumayi used so many of them to deliver points.

Haha! I didn't write it, Osho did, or rather spoke it. :blush: , but it rang very true and direct! I guess next time I'll have to put it in quotes :lol:

It's in the Book of Secrets.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Haha! I didn't write it, Osho did, or rather spoke it. :blush: , but it rang very true and direct! I guess next time I'll have to put it in quotes :lol:

It's in the Book of Secrets.

Ah, that's why you mentioned him in the beginning. Got it!