DarthBane

What is Good and Virtue?

What he said!

Definitely if you need rules for it you got weak inner virtue. Cultivate it from within with heart consciousness.

No one needs to be told "DONT" a lot, way too "Negative Parent" - far better to learn the DO of it.

I can see a subtle pattern of trolling in your late posts. Hence here is a rule for you:

Don't troll.

Well if the Buddha set up rules in the Noble Eighfold Path for a reason. Have you trascended the human state?

I'm tempted to think this is a joke, but then it's durk, so it cant be...?!:blink:

I was so afraid you would see that post. Can you pretend you didn't see it? Or perhaps, just ignore it? Yeah, I know that would be difficult since you have already responded to it but still, maybe?

Peace & Love!

Aw crap, it's just so tempting to write something trollish. But I won't. I will resist it through the strength of my character and virtue and I will not add any smileys or anything else that could be interpreted as a non-vituous remark....nnnngnggng. It's really hard to avoid...

It's really hard to avoid...

Hehehe. Keep smiling Kate. :rolleyes:

People will wonder what you are up to.

Peace & Love!

I think its easier for people to be harsh when you dont come in direct physical contact with them.

I try to remember that a persons virtue is not the sum of a persons virtuous posts on a board. As for the other part of the behind the scenes goings on it is pointless I have noticed. Im sure I will come across someone who has had a bad day. I just hope people will return the favor sometime. ^_^

If Pink Light = Darth...

Then, can I assume

Darth... works wonders?

;):P

Isn't that called circular logic?

We all do that sometimes, I think.

Peace & Love!

Virtue has multiple meanings. The main meaning is, it is that, which makes a person maximally effective. So for example, wisdom is a virtue, as it makes a wise person more effective than a foolish one. Patience, or a state beyond anticipation, is a virtue because people with calm minds are more effective. And so on.

On a social plane, whatever gives most happiness to most people is what's most effective. So if one person is very happy, but the exact same reason that one person is happy is also the reason another 100 hundred people are sad, that's not very effective for society as a whole, and it wouldn't be a social virtue. Social virtue is that which leads as many people as possible to happiness, and this requires contentment. If someone in the community has an insatiable desire, that person will cause trouble for everyone in the community. So having an insatiable desire for anything, and especially for social status or material possession, is a vice (the opposite of virtue).

Isn't that called circular logic?

We all do that sometimes, I think.

Peace & Love!

Hi MH, Well let's analyze it and see.

premise 1. Pink Light works wonders.

premise 2. Pink Light = Darth

-----------------------------------

conclusion: Darth works wonders.

the key here is the use of "=" which is equivalent to the two propositions:

1. Darth is Pink Light.

2. All of the Pink Light is Darth.

If instead she had just said prop. 2 then there would be no universal conclusion possible:

premise 2. All of the Pink Light is Darth.

Conclusion: Some things that work wonders are Darth.

however prop 1 does indeed allow for a universal conclusion of the classic Barbara Syllogistic Form (see Aristotle):

premise 2. Darth is pink light.

conclusion: Darth works wonders.

:lol: oh well, that was fun.

have a good one!!

Edited by Tao99

:lol: oh well, that was fun.

have a good one!!

Hehehe. You done good. (And spent more time on it than I did.)

Peace & Love!