DalTheJigsaw123

What Is A Good Detox Plan?

Guest paul walter

I'm doing the Standing Tree with the whole holding a ball early mornings when I get up.

I'm usually up by 8AM and I go to sleep at 12AM.

My food intake has been somewhat consistent.

I eat when I need to eat.

Which is usually every 4 hours.

I eat about 3 times a day.

Do you suggest combining regular meditation too?

Empty Mind and Breathing?

Well, I can't recommend all this stuff to you since I don't know enough about your aims and lifestyle/body. My only sure advice is for you to stop your life as much as you can--ALL things, detox from your habits and lifestyle as much as you can and start to rebuild your lifestyle consciously after that. Clean food, clean drink, settling the nervous system through meditation, empty the head, walking....staying away from habits which confuse your mind/body. It's hard at first but that's what detox is. Don't ask for too much advice-you already have a lot in the preliminary stages without adding anything more. Good luck,Paul.

Guest paul walter

The book Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor's Program for Conquering Disease by Joel Fuhrman MD contains a lot of references to scientific studies on fasting. In his clinical practice he has helped many people with a wide range of problems recover through in-patient therapeutic water fasting. That being said, I would not recommend water fasting for very long unless you are under medical supervision. On the other hand, vegetable juice fasting is not as hardcore, and a person in normal health should be able to do several days on their own without too many problems. There are several books about how to do juice fasting. Some people also swear by The Master Cleanser (lemon juice, cayenne and grade B maple syrup in water) but I didn't like it personally. I've done 7-day vegetable juice fasts on 3 occasions, and I'm planning to begin another one a week from tomorrow.

I last did the master cleanse fast at the end of last winter (not the best choice of time-I'm in the southern hem.) but the wellbeing/clarity and energy levels were so terrific that it was easy to do. Never wanted to eat again :lol: . Leon, if you did this you'd have to plan it right and have the proper environment that would support such a different way of living. Not everyone understands fasting-especially not family. Paul.

Following the spiritual path is not well accepted no matter where you go and if you put fasting into the equation, well imagine the reactions of the unawakened. Lucky I live alone and don't have to put up with social pressure but I am still part of the workforce so things are a bit difficult when they offer you food and drinks.

Anyway, there are many type of fasts one can follow. Ask Google and you can find some.

Isn't it bad to run a lot, as it messes up the joints?

Running can mess up your knees.

Eating well and eliminating junk foods from your diet will allow your body to heal itself

Edited by mYTHmAKER

What is a good detox plan for a person who wants to clean his whole system all together.

It doesn't take education, it doesn't take the latest vitamins, minerals or cleaning aids. Only common sense.

Depends if u want fast detox or slow detox.

Fast detox just eat fruit and vegetables & juice for one week. As much as you want any different types, you'll be as clean as a whistle.

Slow detox: DON'T EAT PROCESSED FOODS (What your detoxing from) and eat lots of healthy FRESH food (the stuff from the fridge not the stuff in a can). Fruit, veges, nuts, meats, wholegrain foods (not too much), dairy (if your digestion can handle it, eggs etc etc. All the stuff that was grown on a tree, came from the ground, an animal and wasn't altered by man in any way.

Just look on the label of any foods you want. If you see an ingredient and you dont' know what it is and it sounds chemicalish, don't buy it.

More common sense: No alcohol, cigarrettes, drugs, sugar, candy, white flour/rice. Of course u knew these were processed already :)

...More common sense: No alcohol, cigarrettes, drugs, sugar, candy, white flour/rice. Of course u knew these were processed already :)

White rice has far less vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folacin, potassium, magnesium, iron and many other nutrients. Added to that, the dietary fiber contained in white rice is around a quarter of brown rice; however is yin as opposed to brown rice (yang). This is something that must be taken into account when preparing a meal: neither too yang nor too yin, just balanced. If you prepare a meal with white rice then balance the lack of nutrients by adding vegies with a high level of chi (that can be seen by selecting them according to green, red, yellow and purple colours).

Guest paul walter

White rice has far less vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folacin, potassium, magnesium, iron and many other nutrients. Added to that, the dietary fiber contained in white rice is around a quarter of brown rice; however is yin as opposed to brown rice (yang).

Ah, good old Confucious, caused a whole civilisation to contract vitamin b deficiency :o -that together with all his other stupid ideas about the 'proper' life people still follow. He 'said' that a meal isn't a meal without polished rice. The Chinese sure took him at his word . Bloody upper-class-overly-refined-nancy-boy-know-it-all....grumble grumble....

It's dumb question day (for me;-))

- Clean which system of what?

- Why the sudden interest in detox?

I guess I'll leave the other questions for you and then it might become clearer (or not, I'm not sure.)

And I ought to forewarn, I'm in total "be your own advisor" mode right now so it may also be worth checking out with some professional people (of which there are some here, but they don't always advertise :lol: )

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one.. just wanted to share this site with others. It's awesome. So full of really good info on cleansing and curing different issues, plus lots of recipes there too. I highly recommend going through it. I printed the whole thing out in case it goes does :D

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php

• Like 1

Cheers! I've used http://www.httrack.com to download the whole thing.

Sweet... I'm trying it but it's downloading her WHOLE website including her forum lol. Ok, I just kept clicking 'skip' when it tried downloading the forum page. Thanks for that.. now I have her page saved :D

Edited by Sunya

Another excellent cleansing method:

Baguazhang (if you can access a good teacher) + Chinese tea + live in a quiet environment with lots of trees around you.

:)

Edited by Gerard

Gerard, what did you do clean your liver/gb? I don't know what your site is where you said you wrote about the process